Broke my SK2!!!

tegumi

Reaction score
:mad: :mad2: I broke my SK2!! :mad: :mad2:

I broke the screen on my SK2 today!! I needed to pick something up, so for a second I put my SK2 in my back pocket. I got distracted for about 5 minutes, then I forgot it was in my pocket and got in my truck. I was driving for about a mile, when I was thinking.. "whats this in my pocket?" and I noticed it was my sk2, and the screen was all black and busted. I called tmo and finally got to talk to the right person after being on hold for 2 HOURS. They told me I had to get a new one from the site I bought it from, not from tmo.... I waited 2 hours to hear that!! :madfawk:

NOW I HAVE TO PAY FOR A NEW ONE WHEN I HAVE ONLY HAD IT FOR LESS THAT A WEEK!! When I get the new one I am definately gonna use the skin I bought online, AND have it in the carrying case on my belt. I dont care if I look like a nerd or not. :squint:

I was thinking about just cancelling my plan instead of getting a new sk2, but its about the same price of getting a new sk2, so I will just get the sk2. Now I have to go through all the trouble of calling tmo back to switch over my information, and phone number. I think I am gonna sell the sk2 with the broken screen on ebay, since some people buy that who know how to put on different screen.

Teg

Sorry to hear that. I just got my Sidekick 2 weeks ago straight from the dealer, and I was sure to get insurance for it. I can barely be parted with my Sidekick for man that about 5 minutes before I start to cry. And don't worry about using the case that comes with it. I'll wear it clipped to my front pocket when I'm carrying it around, or just carry it in hand. As long as I know it is safe and secure.

Did the site you bought it off of not include or offer any sort of warranty?

You should consider paying the insurance $3.99 a month to cover your SK. I got insurance when i first got SKC, and I got free replacements for first year.. then after that all replacements cost $30, and they're not NEW, but Refurbished which I really detest paying $30 for because in my experience refurbished ones will break in a month or 3. My first NEW SKc lasted me 8 months. After that no SKC has lasted more than 3 months... I recently dropped the insurance and right now am using a old Black and white SK for now. Tmobile and Danger are shady, IMO. I will be looking for a better deal, possibly a different pager type like a blackberry or something. I do really enjoy the ease of use of the SK though..

TweetyBird said:
ouch! how u broke sk2??

I put my sk2 in my back pocket, and my pants are baggy so I forgot its there. Then I got in my truck to go to the store and felt a CRUNCH..

cental34 said:
Did the site you bought it off of not include or offer any sort of warranty?

They did offer a warranty, but I forgot to check the box for it. I also had to change my plan, because the site I bought the sk2 off of had the box for a plan with minutes checked, and after I payed for my sk2 I noticed it said my bill was going to be $69 a month!! :shock: So I called Tmo and got it changed to just the unlimited data plan, which I also found out later meant that I wasnt eligible for the rebates.

I wonder if I can put insurance on the new one?? Maybe I should look into that, I have a tendency to go through cell phones... :dunno:

Teg

I probably had more than 5 replacement on my SK1 within the first year... After my contract ended. I got SK2, already had 2nd or 3rd replacement... oh well!

nozobo said:
I probably had more than 5 replacement on my SK1 within the first year... After my contract ended. I got SK2, already had 2nd or 3rd replacement... oh well!

whoa ! u are SK abuser !

;)

Well, i have alots experience of exchange with SK1 (blk/white) with itself plms, which isn't my fault. But they did give me (color) one cuz of my numberous of exchange for free. Later SK2 come out, i purchased it. Had exchange 3 times. 1- no vibrate, 2- 3 letters on keyboard aren't working 3- range isn't any work. (Hopefully no more exchange for a while).

:shock: Seeing all these stories about having to get replacements really makes me glad I got the insurance plan. Its $5.99 a month, but it'll be worth it when I don't have to shell out another $250 everytime this thing breaks. I have a friend who needs a new Sidekick but refuses to get one. He doesn't keep it in a case, and the rubber over the keyboard is torn about half in inch over the middle.

Sidekick2 is pretty fragile. Need to be careful. I could said average Sidekick user have broke twice. Insurance is stronge suggest.

Myself, I don't need insurance as long as I am not nearly water. That's it. I have accident drop my Nokia 6820 for over hundred time and it still work fancy.

well i got free exchange, no cost for it. But if on their purpose, that is ur plm, and u have to pay for it

tegumi said:
I put my sk2 in my back pocket, and my pants are baggy so I forgot its there. Then I got in my truck to go to the store and felt a CRUNCH..
ahhhh i got it clear now.. thanks for explain.. smile..

tegumi said:
AND have it in the carrying case on my belt. I dont care if I look like a nerd or not. :squint:

Why should you care what other people think about you? :)

I use my carry case all the times. Why? To save myself from blowing $200+ for new one!

I had SK1 for almost two years and I NEVER had to replace it. Why? Because I used my carry case! :thumb:

I suggest you to buy a horizontal carry case. They are better than vertical carry case that comes with SK. The vertical one is very uncomfortable and I am surprised that tmobile still includes it. *shakes head*

yea horizontal carry case is the better choice to carry.. it s much comfortable when i sit on chair.

deafclimber said:
yea horizontal carry case is the better choice to carry.. it s much comfortable when i sit on chair.

Or a Swivel

Deafclimber, you may like this one: Motorola Ladies Textured Carry Case

Attachments

• 412.gif
    24 KB · Views: 102
Back