Broke my SK2!!!

mld4ds said:
Or a Swivel

Deafclimber, you may like this one: Motorola Ladies Textured Carry Case

:shock: *voice of high pitch* pink ! i love it !

My SK2 was only 3 weeks old when its raido firmware got erased during an online system upgrade Tmo did. Waited a week before getting the refurnished replacment...it's been 5 months since the incident.

Thank God I dont have SK or SK2 or anything else just yet..
I am way behind on things but I am taking my time.. Other things come first..

How contact.. I am still doing old way.. call tty or computer tty ip-relay or VP.. to leave message to my man's work.. or kids' schools.. now they have emails.. we keep in touch with emails...

if emergency.. kids will call more than 3 times in same number that we have ID number on it.. I call back that number.. I dont have problems.. :)

now the kids wanted to have cell phones, I told them wait till 15.. and get job.. cuz i am not going to pay for it..
hehe
but who knows we might change the plans..

no fun but fun.. tho

MsGiglz said:
now the kids wanted to have cell phones, I told them wait till 15.. and get job.. cuz i am not going to pay for it..
hehe
no fun but fun.. tho

Make your kids wait until they get a job. Im 18, and my mom made me wait until I was 16 and had a job so I could pay my own bill. As soon as I got my first cell phone when I was 16, and started paying my bill, my little brother who is 3 years younger than me said "Mom! Mom! I want one!" and my mom went out and bought him one!! I was sooo mad, because I had to wait until I had a job, and could pay it myself. Thats what happens when your the oldest child, and the youngest child always gets their way.

Anyway, about my SK2, I went to the Tmo guy here in my city. I asked him how much for a new one... then he told me "Call Tmobile and tell them its defective, and you will get a new one for free"

I was thinking, hmmmmmmm...... pay $250+ for a new one that I broke, or lie to Tmo?? So I picked lie to Tmo, So now you can call me a :liar: ....

I called Tmo and told them the screen was doing wierd things, and they said that they would send me a new one, and I just trash this one. I was on hold for over 2 hours and then they asked me, "when did you buy it??" I told them, and they couldnt find the record of when I bought it.

That was because I didnt but it from Tmo, I bought it from wirefly.com. So Tmo said "sorry, you have to get a new one from where you bought it" . So I called wirefly, and they said "sure, we will send you a new one, and once you get it, send us the old one."

:jaw: How can I send them the old one once I get a new one?? They will see its not defective, and that Im the one who broke it! :jaw:

So, once I get a new one, I am putting the insurance on it, and I am going to sell the broke one on ebay. Once wirefly realizes I didnt send them the "defective" one, they will probably bill me some outrageous price for the new one.

Moral of the story is....

DONT LIE BECAUSE IT DOESNT ALWAYS GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

Now I know why my parents always told me lying is bad!!!

Tegumi

MsGiglz said:

How contact.. I am still doing old way.. call tty or computer tty ip-relay or VP.. to leave message to my man's work.. or kids' schools.. now they have emails.. we keep in touch with emails...

if emergency.. kids will call more than 3 times in same number that we have ID number on it.. I call back that number.. I dont have problems.. :)

hehe

no fun but fun.. tho

You are very smart and save lot money. :thumb:

MsGiglz said:

hehe

no fun but fun.. tho
yup i agree with u.. if i have daughter or son, i will tell them wait til 15 yrs old then get their own cell phone when they have job..

tegumi said:
Make your kids wait until they get a job. Im 18, and my mom made me wait until I was 16 and had a job so I could pay my own bill. As soon as I got my first cell phone when I was 16, and started paying my bill, my little brother who is 3 years younger than me said "Mom! Mom! I want one!" and my mom went out and bought him one!! I was sooo mad, because I had to wait until I had a job, and could pay it myself. Thats what happens when your the oldest child, and the youngest child always gets their way.

Anyway, about my SK2, I went to the Tmo guy here in my city. I asked him how much for a new one... then he told me "Call Tmobile and tell them its defective, and you will get a new one for free"

I was thinking, hmmmmmmm...... pay $250+ for a new one that I broke, or lie to Tmo?? So I picked lie to Tmo, So now you can call me a :liar: ....

I called Tmo and told them the screen was doing wierd things, and they said that they would send me a new one, and I just trash this one. I was on hold for over 2 hours and then they asked me, "when did you buy it??" I told them, and they couldnt find the record of when I bought it.

That was because I didnt but it from Tmo, I bought it from wirefly.com. So Tmo said "sorry, you have to get a new one from where you bought it" . So I called wirefly, and they said "sure, we will send you a new one, and once you get it, send us the old one."

:jaw: How can I send them the old one once I get a new one?? They will see its not defective, and that Im the one who broke it! :jaw:

So, once I get a new one, I am putting the insurance on it, and I am going to sell the broke one on ebay. Once wirefly realizes I didnt send them the "defective" one, they will probably bill me some outrageous price for the new one.

Moral of the story is....

DONT LIE BECAUSE IT DOESNT ALWAYS GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

Now I know why my parents always told me lying is bad!!!

Tegumi

Thats always going to be the policy with replacements. When I had Verizon, the model phone that I had kept breaking on me. I had to replace it 4 times, and each time, I had to send the old one in.

FYI For Tmobile customers, whenever you buy a device, SK2, Blackberry, etc get insurance WITHIN 7 days from the date of purchase!!! If you wait til after 8th day, you can't get insurance after all!!! Usually you are required to call the insurance agency, the dealer will provide you the phone number for you to call within 7 days... Don't wait til after 7th day!!!

I am getting insurance on it as soon as it gets here, I have until the first to put insurance on it.

MissGiglz, you may want to think twice about getting your kids cellphones. What if it is an emergency, like they got kidnapped, or someone attempetd to kidnap them? It can be a very useful tool for a kid.

Batou said:
MissGiglz, you may want to think twice about getting your kids cellphones. What if it is an emergency, like they got kidnapped, or someone attempetd to kidnap them? It can be a very useful tool for a kid.

Good point here, but what age do you believe a child should have a cell phone??? Since a 5 year old is kidnapable, should they carry one??

Batou said:
No matter. It's wont work. What happen if they take kids' cell phone to away.

tegumi said:
Good point here, but what age do you believe a child should have a cell phone??? Since a 5 year old is kidnapable, should they carry one??
If you're rich parents or either your kid have super-secert-power. Define, need cell phone or install GPS track in backbone.

Neo said:
No matter. It's wont work. What happen if they take kids' cell phone to away.

1. Contact enforcement authorities and TV News Crew
2. Coordinator them at time and place
3. Contact/email a thief that there is a $500 reward. No Question Asked...

EDGE said:
If you're rich parents or either your kid have super-secert-power. Define, need cell phone or install GPS track in backbone.

How about Firefly?

The firefly cell only provides limitation phone numbers: 911, Dad's cell phone, Mom's cell phone or home number.

Attachments

• firefly.jpg
    firefly.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 8
mld4ds said:
How about Firefly?

The firefly cell only provides limitation phone numbers: 911, Dad's cell phone, Mom's cell phone or home number.

that's super-fine! You can get it one for your kid(s)

mld4ds said:
How about Firefly?

No text option or email to contact deaf parents?

anyone use NCOA insuranc on SK2 ? I asked for insurance and woman say $40.00 a year I said I thought it was 5.99 a month she said no so WTF ?

Soonersseth said:
anyone use NCOA insuranc on SK2 ? I asked for insurance and woman say $40.00 a year I said I thought it was 5.99 a month she said no so WTF ?
yea i pay $2.99 ins on sk2

Back