Break-in suspect leaves wallet behind

KikLove

Reaction score
I've noticed this happening a lot in the strange news around the web lately in the past year. I saw something like this just last fall. :laugh2:

A Lincoln County break-in suspect was startled by a homeowner in a wheelchair Monday, dropped his wallet as he ran from the property and was later arrested, sheriff’s investigators said.

Joshua Ray Murphy, 25, of High Shoals, was charged with two felony counts of breaking and entering a building and one felony count each of larceny after breaking and entering, and possession of stolen goods. He was jailed on $30,000 bail.

The owner of the home on Calloway Road told deputies he was home alone and had unlocked the front door because his wife was about to arrive. He went into another room and said he heard the door bell ringing but did not answer it.

A few minutes later, the homeowner went toward the front door and saw a man standing in the front bedroom closet near the front door.

The homeowner, Rodney Allen Putnam, confronted the man, who then ran out the door. As the intruder was running, the bag he was carrying hit the door and tore open, dumping the contents on the deck.

A search of the area by deputies turned up personal property about 50 yards away. Included was clothing and a wallet with Murphy’s identification, investigators said.

A short time later, Murphy was accused of entering a home in the 1200 block of Jaclyn Lane in Lincolnton. The homeowner confronted him and Murphy ran away, investigators said. They later caught up with him.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article25339987.html#storylink=cpy

Something crazier happened awhile back, a young guy had put in an application at a Waffle House nearby and then put in an order to go but decided not to pay for that order. The police found him by the info on the application and arrested him. It must be a local thing Lincolnton isn't far from me.

Haha...funny....
Yeah....
Society as a whole is getting dumbed down, reminds me of that famous vid of a robbery where the crook shows up pulls a gun then realizes he forgot to put his mask on...lowers gun puts mask on....and continues....
Funny

Last edited:
Something crazier happened awhile back, a young guy had put in an application at a Waffle House nearby and then put in an order to go but decided not to pay for that order. The police found him by the info on the application and arrested him. It must be a local thing Lincolnton isn't far from me.

I heard about a person robbing a house in the winter and he left his footprints in the snow , the police just had to follow the footprints and arrest the guy. Some people just aren't meant to be robbers. :lol:

Back