Brag about your car's miles!

My 2003 SUV has now 108K miles. I hope it lasts to 200K miles cuz I dont want to buy another vehicle after it gets paid off in March. HURRRY!!! I cant wait to be without a car payment!

Question...what kind of maintenance should i have performed on my SUV to keep it running? I get the oil changes and stuff. Should I get my spark plugs replaced? I want to ensure that it will keep running for another 5 years so that way I can use the money I paid each month for it to pay off my credit card debt.

I suggest you to check your owners manual for scheduled manitience. Other option is to tell me what make and model of the SUV and I could google it up and find that information.

My 2003 SUV has now 108K miles. I hope it lasts to 200K miles cuz I dont want to buy another vehicle after it gets paid off in March. HURRRY!!! I cant wait to be without a car payment!

Question...what kind of maintenance should i have performed on my SUV to keep it running? I get the oil changes and stuff. Should I get my spark plugs replaced? I want to ensure that it will keep running for another 5 years so that way I can use the money I paid each month for it to pay off my credit card debt.
Sparks are the important thing for the engine, sparks gets replaced every here and there, on a regular basis, but depends on the owners manual. It is cheaper if you service it yourself ;)

after I not notice that I have over thousand miles pass from what I'm suppose to replace new spark plugs. Therefore, I did. Whew. Hope it doesn't kill my car's engine.

that alright

My Friend never replace spark plug on his 01 F250 V8 5.4L it have 102,000 miles and he ask if i could replace for him. I say NO I don't want to be responsible for that engine's problem with head that strip with spark plug.

our 01 F250 V10 6.8L we replace spark plugs at 140,000 miles it look great.

what that brand?

Change oil with synthetic oil and change at 5,000 miles but if you drive on Highway like all times then 10,000 miles ok but if it SHORT trip like you average 15 miles or less then change oil at 5,000 miles.

Let engine warm for 1 min before drive. In winter you would need warm 2-5 mins so oil get everywhere in engine.

Too many people think they could start engine and DRIVE it if oil gauge don't go up.

that alright

My Friend never replace spark plug on his 01 F250 V8 5.4L it have 102,000 miles and he ask if i could replace for him. I say NO I don't want to be responsible for that engine's problem with head that strip with spark plug.

our 01 F250 V10 6.8L we replace spark plugs at 140,000 miles it look great.
I have been seen stripped plug threaded holes in 5.4L engines. Horrible. They can be repair without head(s) off. u cunning for refuse to replace plugs. Ford spark plugs are last abt 100k mileage but not always.:hmm:

what that brand?

Change oil with synthetic oil and change at 5,000 miles but if you drive on Highway like all times then 10,000 miles ok but if it SHORT trip like you average 15 miles or less then change oil at 5,000 miles.

Let engine warm for 1 min before drive. In winter you would need warm 2-5 mins so oil get everywhere in engine.

Too many people think they could start engine and DRIVE it if oil gauge don't go up.
I curious what weight do u use oil for winter for your Ford truck? 5w-20 or 10w-30? 20w-50?

I curious what weight do u use oil for winter for your Ford truck? 5w-20 or 10w-30? 20w-50?

MUST MUST use 5w20 until it REAL COLD like -15oF for all month then we use 0w20 but it never happened here but we do warm up engine for 5-10 mins before drive so 5w20 circulate in engine.

Too many people believe oil change shop say they need use 10w30 instead 5w20 in their ford vehicles. What happened to their engine now it worn out bad due THICK oil not go to DOHC head.

For old truck like OHV engine we use 5w30 in winter but if bad oil pressure then 5w40 and summer it 10w30 or 15w40.

I have been seen stripped plug threaded holes in 5.4L engines. Horrible. They can be repair without head(s) off. u cunning for refuse to replace plugs. Ford spark plugs are last abt 100k mileage but not always.:hmm:

Actual We need replace spark plugs on that truck now because it idle rough

but I don't want strip spark plug then tell Owner Bad news.

If he have OHV engine I would do but DOHC in TIGHT hood so I won't do that until he understand about spark plug issue then I would do but have him sign on paper say I can't be responsible if I broke or stripe spark plug but will try fix right way.

I suggest you to check your owners manual for scheduled manitience. Other option is to tell me what make and model of the SUV and I could google it up and find that information.

I will look in my manual..if I dont see anything, I will let u know. thanks for your offer to help. :ty:

With my 2nd job during the summer, I should be able to have some money to get it maintained.

what that brand?

I have a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Thanks for your tips!

It was indeed nice having no car payments for last five years but since I bought a new car two months ago so I'm stuck with it till it's paid off. lol It did help me paying off two outstanding bills last year yet there is one more to pay off within a year ahead. Though the last vehicle, Jeep that I paid off five years ago is still running good.

Hope your vehicles lasts as much as possible before it's time for you to purchase a new car... yet with 108k in your vehicle it should last more with care. How do you like your suv?

ps. How about bragging the lowest miles here? My new Mustang has 18,500 miles in it as of now. :thumb:

ps. How about bragging the lowest miles here? My new Mustang has 18,500 miles in it as of now. :thumb:

What year is the Stang? if it's 18k for a 10 year old car, that's nice, but it goes to another thread u can create ;) If it's a 2008, well good luck on ur quest for 100k.

This thread is to see what's the highest miles on a car among us AD'ers.

got 96 E350 351W that can hold 15 passengers

got van it have 75,000 miles last week Now It have 76,000 miles those were me. put 1,000 miles on van and get 14 mpg. Wish it could get 17 mpg but those were city traffic which tons of stop and go but make 14 mpg make me proud. Plus it carry 15 people that almost 3,000 pounds.

got 96 E350 351W that can hold 15 passengers

got van it have 75,000 miles last week Now It have 76,000 miles those were me. put 1,000 miles on van and get 14 mpg. Wish it could get 17 mpg but those were city traffic which tons of stop and go but make 14 mpg make me proud. Plus it carry 15 people that almost 3,000 pounds.

Not bad for 15 peoples. What kind business you use?

Not bad for 15 peoples. What kind business you use?

private but not exact business but I wish it would.

which for family and friend to go together instead 5 cars VS 1 van so we bought Van.

14 mpg are not EASY if it have v8 5.4L I could gotten 16 but 351W is old and use lot gas. You should see how I drive.

private but not exact business but I wish it would.

which for family and friend to go together instead 5 cars VS 1 van so we bought Van.

14 mpg are not EASY if it have v8 5.4L I could gotten 16 but 351W is old and use lot gas. You should see how I drive.

14 MPG is not bad for 15 people. It's better than spend gas for five cars. Right?

14 MPG is not bad for 15 people. It's better than spend gas for five cars. Right?

I concur. 15 people in a van that gets 15 mpg is better than 4 cars waste a lot of gas. Even if u could do 4 ppl in a car x 4 cars that's a lot of gallons gassing up these cars when a 15 passenger van could do the job.

5 cars I would say they get 19-22 mpg.

After drive Van now I am additive to van that I wish I have bought that van instead Uncle. It feel like it MAN van due Huge van.

pic of 96 E350 superwagon
1996Van004.jpg

hit 90k mile and i went trip for 300 miles on day and i notice it start overheat a while when end of trip could be cooler fluid need replace??

Back