Brag about your car's miles!

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Captivate (i897))

Now has 115,300 on the clock. Tme for an oil change soon, pretty much. It still runs and revs to the redline as it should. :)

I advise you to have your car to adjust valves cuz I 've seen Honda engines are expired in early 100K, due to low compression cuz the exhaust valves are pounding on the valve seats then become tight valve lashes like zero clearance, the gap for exhaust valve is about .010 inch, intake valve about .008 inch. Now you see why the exhaust valves are sinking to the camshaft, you don not want to spend money on the valve adjustment then the exhaust valves will burn out like torch cutting thru the valves due to poor seating and no lashes.
I am planing to adjust the valves in a 2003 Civic next month. I think it is about 85k miles on it.
Many mechanics doesnt want to adjusting the valves cuz they are afraid of comebacks after readjust valves, you know that.

Ooops, " Exhaust valves are sinking" is error. Correct is "Exhaust valve seats are sinking". sorry dst

deafsmogtech said:

Now has 115,300 on the clock. Tme for an oil change soon, pretty much. It still runs and revs to the redline as it should. :)

I advise you to have your car to adjust valves cuz I 've seen Honda engines are expired in early 100K, due to low compression cuz the exhaust valves are pounding on the valve seats then become tight valve lashes like zero clearance, the gap for exhaust valve is about .010 inch, intake valve about .008 inch. Now you see why the exhaust valves are sinking to the camshaft, you don not want to spend money on the valve adjustment then the exhaust valves will burn out like torch cutting thru the valves due to poor seating and no lashes.
I am planing to adjust the valves in a 2003 Civic next month. I think it is about 85k miles on it.
Many mechanics doesnt want to adjusting the valves cuz they are afraid of comebacks after readjust valves, you know that.

Already done that at 90k miles.

900ish miles now on my new SUV...

What kind of suv is that?

Ooh I must have overlooked that. Nice suv. Didnt know they still made xterras today. It looks like they didnt redesign it since for a while.

Ooh I must have overlooked that. Nice suv. Didnt know they still made xterras today. It looks like they didnt redesign it since for a while.

they redesigned it in 2005 but it's not widely popular. most people buy pathfinder.

Jiro said:

they redesigned it in 2005 but it's not widely popular. most people buy pathfinder.

Yeah, pretty much. I remember the Pathfinders from 1980s. They were nice looking for its time. I dont see these anymore. Very rare cases, tho.

Ooops, " Exhaust valves are sinking" is error. Correct is "Exhaust valve seats are sinking". sorry dst

images

I have 2000 Explorer - outfitted as a slick top fire duty vehicle - 96k miles. Getting ready to sell and get something a little newer (maybe an Impala)

Olds 447: 230,030 miles (currently rebuilding a new motor and sand blasting frame)
Chevy '07 Cobalt: 89,323 miles
Toyota '92: 294,000

Olds 447: 230,030 miles (currently rebuilding a new motor and sand blasting frame)
Chevy '07 Cobalt: 89,323 miles
Toyota '92: 294,000

2007 Chevy Cobalt with 89k miles? That's a lot of miles for only a 3 year old car.

95 toyota camry - just over 200,000 - will have to check for exact #. great car, has barely cost me any money, just regular maintenance costs. She is starting to look her age, though!

Back