Boy Kills Parents then has Party!!

I know a couple of Vietnam vets that absolutely cannot smoke pot, or eat it, either one because it triggers flashbacks. But they are also diagnosed with PTSD.

Me too. It is a darn shame the VA does not treat them enough.

I agree about the Ecstasy. Oh Lord, I wish they would realize the damage it does to the heart. :(

Kid think they are indestructible. It is typical of adolescents and young adults.

I think we make a huge mistake in our drug ed programs like DARE. They tell kids that weed is in the same category as heroin. They lump all drugs together as far as negative effects are concerned. So, a kid smokes a little weed and realizes they have been lied to. As a consequence, they assume that everything was a lie designed to scare them, and it makes them more willing to try drugs that really do have very negative consequences. We need to stop lying to kids.

Me too. It is a darn shame the VA does not treat them enough.

Agreed 100%. One of the guys I am referring to not only does not get adequate mental health treatment for his PTSD, he has 4 Purple Hearts and did 2 tours. He still carries shrapnel in his body, and he receives....are you ready for this...$103.00 dollars a month.:roll:

Kid think they are indestructible. It is typical of adolescents and young adults.

I think we make a huge mistake in our drug ed programs like DARE. They tell kids that weed is in the same category as heroin. They lump all drugs together as far as negative effects are concerned. So, a kid smokes a little weed and realizes they have been lied to. As a consequence, they assume that everything was a lie designed to scare them, and it makes them more willing to try drugs that really do have very negative consequences. We need to stop lying to kids.

Yep. Sort of like those old "Scared Straight" episodes they showed a while back. It backfired and MORE kids got arrested. Ironic, huh? Just tell the kids the truth, nothing more and nothing less than that. We do not give them enough credit for being able to think things out themselves.

Yep. Sort of like those old "Scared Straight" episodes they showed a while back. It backfired and MORE kids got arrested. Ironic, huh? Just tell the kids the truth, nothing more and nothing less than that. We do not give them enough credit for being able to think things out themselves.

No we don't give them enough credit. And a kid that gets lied to will discount anything you have to say about anything in the future. They will always suspect you of lying to control them. Kids don't need to be manipulated in that way. They need to be told the truth and permitted to enter into honest discussions regarding things like drugs, alcohol, and sex.

Very popular around this area. And from what I understand, in others as well. And that number would be those who have used at least once, not frequently. I don't have anything to actually support that number; am just going off what I have heard from teens, and the list of drugs that clients will admit to having used at least once.

For weed, I would place the number even higher for those that have used at least once.

Even I have tried pot.. that part I can believe.

No we don't give them enough credit. And a kid that gets lied to will discount anything you have to say about anything in the future. They will always suspect you of lying to control them. Kids don't need to be manipulated in that way. They need to be told the truth and permitted to enter into honest discussions regarding things like drugs, alcohol, and sex.

Let's not forget reefer madness. :P

I agree about the Ecstasy. Oh Lord, I wish they would realize the damage it does to the heart. :(

I guess I won't try it then. :P I've had a heart bypass surgery in the past and I don't need more heart trouble.

Back