Bomb explosion and shooting in Norway

I think such labels are dangerous. Who can remember how Muslims were treated after 9/11?

Ok, I have a problem with your assertion that fundamentalism is somehow associated with mental disorders (and in this case, a violent one).

There is a "fundamental" difference between a fundamentalist, and an extremist (pardon the pun). A fundamentalist believes scripture to be factual. An extremist will intentionally misinterpret scripture to fit their own violent ideology.

Many people already view the overly religious as "nuts". This is also true with overly religious viewing the secular as "nuts".

The whole "nuts" definition gets obscured when you label anyone as a fundamentalist, as opposed to an extremist.

Anders Behring Breivik would have been nuts if he had been an atheist. What I mean by that, is that he would have been a berserker regardless of his spiritual faith, or lack thereof. I am not sure how to articulate that any clearer.

I have a problem with you misinterpreting my posts.:cool2:

Exactly. Which is what fundamentalism is all about.

Chances are this thread will be locked anyway, since Steinhauer felt the need to bring up the perpetrator's religious affiliation despite knowing that religious discussions are forbidden.

That's unfortunate.

I am not having a religious discussion. I am talking about news reports indicating Anders Behring Breivik is a fundamentalist christian - and someone who shall not be named, is claiming it made sense, since mentally ill people flock to fundamentalist doctrines.

No misinterpretation at all.

I still stand by my original theory that a lot of spin is going to be give to Anders Behring Breivik religious affiliation.

Not that its really that important .....

I am not having a religious discussion. I am talking about news reports indicating Anders Behring Breivik is a fundamentalist christian - and someone who shall not be named, is claiming it made sense, since mentally ill people flock to fundamentalist doctrines.

No misinterpretation at all.

I still stand by my original theory that a lot of spin is going to be give to Anders Behring Breivik religious affiliation.

Like I said, I have a problem with you misinterpreting my posts. Oh well. Thank Gawd most here can read and understand what I have said.

That is not a theory. It is not even a hypothesis. It is a guess.

Ok, I have a problem with your assertion that fundamentalism is somehow associated with mental disorders (and in this case, a violent one).

There is a "fundamental" difference between a fundamentalist, and an extremist (pardon the pun). A fundamentalist believes scripture to be factual. An extremist will intentionally misinterpret scripture to fit their own violent ideology.

Many people already view the overly religious as "nuts". This is also true with overly religious viewing the secular as "nuts".

The whole "nuts" definition gets obscured when you label anyone as a fundamentalist, as opposed to an extremist.

Anders Behring Breivik would have been nuts if he had been an atheist. What I mean by that, is that he would have been a berserker regardless of his spiritual faith, or lack thereof. I am not sure how to articulate that any clearer.

this concerns you.... how? Are you a member of any fundamentalist organization?

Norway massacre's links to right-wing extremism - World Watch - CBS News

Foreign Policy's Blake Hounshell claims to have read the entire manifesto, and in an article writes that the manifesto is "Filled with hateful rantings against Muslims -- whom the author claims are on a trajectory to take over Europe and erase its culture patrimony."

I asked earlier if you had read his manifesto - it is parallel with the hateful rantings in Mein Kampf. Hitler felt the Jews were "on a trajectory to take over Europe and erase its culture patrimony".

Same hateful rant - different religion is the scapegoat.

We really need a yawn smilie around here. This same old same old is mind numbing.

norway-anders-behring-breivik.jpg

he looks like Agent Fox Mulder :hmm:

this concerns you.... how? Are you a member of any fundamentalist organization?

No, I am not a member of any fundamental organization. It concerns me because judging from how Muslims were treated after 9/11, that the same treatment will be directed towards any perceived "fundamentalist christian" in the aftermath of this attack. They are "people" too.

History has a habit of repeating itself. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

No, I am not a member of any fundamental organization. It concerns me because judging from how Muslims were treated after 9/11, that the same treatment will be directed towards any perceived "fundamentalist christian" in the aftermath of this attack. They are "people" too.

History has a habit of repeating itself. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

yes you are wrong.

why? the "majority" is white people. As the history has been shown repeatedly... any awful thing done by minority race (black, Muslim, etc.) - we get angry and hate crimes ensue. and any awful thing done by white people - we get angry and then forgot about it in a short time.

He looks like Fox Mulder.
He dressed up like police. and Fox Mulder is an FBI agent.

strange coincidence.... :hmm:

there we go - he's an X-File Fundamentalist.

Heh the truth is out there regarding this bombing case.

He looks like Fox Mulder.
He dressed up like police. and Fox Mulder is an FBI agent.

strange coincidence.... :hmm:

there we go - he's an X-File Fundamentalist.

:lol: OMG! An X files zealot!

thank you for proving our point. He is an extreme Religious Fundamentalist.

Not exactly. Close .... but that definition does not entirely fit his ideology.

The Knights Templar are not fundamentalists and are loosely based on fundamental beliefs in scripture. They have misinterpreted scripture into a violent ideology. They are a militant extremist group. A far cry from being "fundamentalists". The Knights of Templar are what one would deem an "assassin". There are absolutely no fundamentalist christian organizations that I know of that advocate murder. There are, however, extremist organizations that do.

Another Hitler link .... right under everyone's nose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Society

Back