Blu-ray

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

Wow that's a lot of information going on, basically my hearing husband bought that for me and he wasn't aware of the CC problem until we encountered that and it is way past the date of when we were supposed to return the merchandise but alais, I will check and do all research on anything in the future before purchasing anything that requires CC. ;-)

Overall, that is interesting thread going on in this one that I read, alot of different opinion regarding CC, SDH and whatnots. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

LOL, I believe all of you miss the point, there is a law required put CC chips in TV. Now there no laws for any kind of cords such as HDMI and the DVD player unless anyone do the action to make new law so all the equipment can fit in easy with TV CC. Good luck.

Do you know?

Some "SDH" English subtitles have problem with too much white or too light color on TV. We can't read white SDH. We need little bit dark words or other colour words. :(

I hope SDH must little bit dark than too much white SDH.

I prefer real closed caption in black box.

Sorry, but people shouldn't get a refund simply because their Blu-ray players cannot transmit the CC signal through the HDMI cable. People should do their homework before making a big investment. SDH is the standard for accessible HD entertainment these days whether you like it or not.

How come, my HD tuner down here in Australia can transmit teletext through HDMI cable? I turned it on and they work fine. (The captions are very digital)

How come, my HD tuner down here in Australia can transmit teletext through HDMI cable? I turned it on and they work fine. (The captions are very digital)

That's the HD tuner doing the decoding, not your TV.

It is an established fact that the HDMI cable will not allow the signal to pass through. It cannot be argued with. That was how it was engineered.

If you see captioning on the TV via HDMI cable, it is the source device (DVD player, TV receiver, HD tuner, etc) that is doing the decoding and then overlaying it onto the video signal rather than sending the signal to the TV.

That's the HD tuner doing the decoding, not your TV.

It is an established fact that the HDMI cable will not allow the signal to pass through. It cannot be argued with. That was how it was engineered.

If you see captioning on the TV via HDMI cable, it is the source device (DVD player, TV receiver, HD tuner, etc) that is doing the decoding and then overlaying it onto the video signal rather than sending the signal to the TV.

At least, that's a good thing - I watched the simpsons with HDMI cable with CC via 1080i :)

Back