blackberry

Sorry about that! the vBulletin did not delete the original http:// text when I highlighted it to paste the new URL, so it got http://http://. :ugh3:

Ok, I looked the product over and I think it's cool. But being a computer dummy, I wasn't able to ascertain whether or not this software will run on my Mac. Anybody?

Ok, I looked the product over and I think it's cool. But being a computer dummy, I wasn't able to ascertain whether or not this software will run on my Mac. Anybody?

Are you talking about the Message Alerts? It's for a Blackberry not a MAC.

Are you talking about the Message Alerts? It's for a Blackberry not a MAC.

Ummm, okay so the Message Alerts will download directly to the Blackberry?

Does this mean I have to go on the Internet via the Blackberry to look it up, make the purchase and download it to the BB as opposed to getting on my Mac, ordering it and downloading it there?

Ummm, okay so the Message Alerts will download directly to the Blackberry?

Does this mean I have to go on the Internet via the Blackberry to look it up, make the purchase and download it to the BB as opposed to getting on my Mac, ordering it and downloading it there?

Yes. You need to go to the website to try it for free at WebMessenger Inc. - Message Alerts for BlackBerry and then enter your name, and blackberry email address. It will sent you an email to click on a link to download it OTA (over the air) to your blackberry.

Rick, I downloaded and got the message that the download was successful and on the menu page of my BB, there are icons representing the applications and there's a new one now for Message Alerts; however, it won't click open the app....

Webmessenger is OK...the best thing with BBAlerts, along with the additional vibration settings. You can have the LED show different colors...one color for SMS, another for Email, another for PIN

the software/trial can be found at Handango

Ok I am not very versed in the phones used but I wanted to help you with your options... Meaning I dont know the model numbers that are mostly used but here are a few options I found. I hope some of those help you make a decision. They are for multipul companies AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile...

Quamie

http://www.inphonic.com/autocontent.aspx?pageid=1165&referringdomain=5linx&eid=L310005

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition/ Sprint PCS

The BlackBerry 8830 for Sprint PCS is perfect for the global professional. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry 8830 provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a full QWERTY keyboard, built-in GPS locator and GPS applications, a music and video player, voice dialing and Bluetooth. Plus, when travelling the globe, the BlackBerry 8830 switches into GSM mode for international roaming capability. Now that's smart!

After Rebate the price is $149.99

BlackBerry 8703e/Sprint

The stylish BlackBerry 8703 for Sprint is a new breed of wireless email device. Still the best mobile email solution on the market, this BlackBerry remains perfect for mobile professionals. Plus, the thinner, lighter, more contoured body sports a complete phone, backlit QWERTY keyboard, convenient track wheel, full HTML browser, true high-speed data, viewer software for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Bluetooth to maximize your on-the-go potential - but in more style than ever before.

After Rebate the price is $79.99

RIM BlackBerry 8700g/T-Mobile

The stylish RIM BlackBerry 8700g for T-Mobile is a new breed of BlackBerry. Yes, the RIM BlackBerry 8700g is still the best mobile email solution on the market, but this BlackBerry is thinner, lighter and more contoured than any before it. Plus, the RIM BlackBerry 8700g sports a complete phone, backlit QWERTY keyboard, full HTML web browser, viewer software for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Bluetooth and quad-band GSM to maximize your on-the-go potential – just with more style than any before it.

After Rebate $139.99

BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Sunset Red/Champagne/ or Dark Blue w/ myFaves

The super-slim, ultra-light BlackBerry Pearl for T-Mobile is the next class of BlackBerry device. Like all BlackBerry devices, the Pearl provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a good camera, a built-in music player and Bluetooth. Plus, you'll be amazed at the speed and accuracy of the SureType® QWERTY keyboard. And, best of all, this BlackBerry weighs in at a scant 3.2 ounces and is razor-thin - the smallest of its class.

After Rebate $139.99

BlackBerry Pearl (Multimedia Phone)/AT&T

The super-slim, ultra-light BlackBerry Pearl for AT&T is the next class of BlackBerry device. Like all BlackBerry devices, the Pearl provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a good camera, a built-in music player and Bluetooth. Plus, you'll be amazed at the speed and accuracy of the SureType® QWERTY keyboard. And, best of all, this BlackBerry weighs in at a scant 3.2 ounces and is razor-thin - the smallest of its class.

After rebate this phone is free

BlackBerry Curve 8300 (Multimedia Phone)/AT&T

The gorgeous BlackBerry Curve 8300 for AT&T really sets a high bar on style and functionality. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry Curve 8300 provides possibly the best on-the-go email and calendar solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry Curve 8300 includes a 2.0 Megapixel camera, a rich experience media player, voice dialing and stereo Bluetooth. Built for smartphone lovers with a sense of style, the BlackBerry Curve 8300 is ready to work and dressed to impress.

After rebate price $99.99

BlackBerry 8800

The BlackBerry 8800 for AT&T has much more to offer than its predecessors. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry 8800 provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But this new BlackBerry includes a full QWERTY keyboard, built-in GPS locator and GPS applications, a music and video player, push-to-talk, voice dialing and Bluetooth. And, at just 0.6 inches thick, this is the thinnest, most capable full QWERTY keyboard BlackBerry device yet!

After rebate $179.99

BlackBerry 8820

The BlackBerry 8800 for AT&T has much more to offer than its predecessors. Like all BlackBerry devices, the BlackBerry 8800 provides possibly the best on-the-go email solution for mobile professionals. But the BlackBerry 8820 includes a full QWERTY keyboard, built-in GPS locator and map applications, WiFi connectivity, a music and video player, voice dialing and Bluetooth. And, at just 0.6 inches thick, this is one of the most capable, stylish full QWERTY keyboard BlackBerry devices ever!

After rebate $249.99

You can't get data unlimited $29.99 from Wirefly, Inphonic, or A1Wireless. If you are interest want purchase blackberry or any device with data unlimited I would purchase from Welcome to Deaf PDA's for Deaf and Hearing Impaired Sprint and Verizon Network has more powerful than others

Checkout JiveTalk for AIM/YAHOO/MSN, a few others.... beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging - it has a free 30 day trial and then one time fee. VERY WORTH it though, its the best IM program I've used with my BB.

As for the vibrate, I have an additional program called BBAlerts, with that, it vibrates normally but I have it set to keep vibrating/reminder every minute until I open/look at the mail...very nice!

I dont have the address offhand for that but can look it up for anyone that wants it.

I like JiveTalk is the best chat software

Does the aim stay on like on the sidekick?

On my treo, I can't have it running. It will log off by itself. So frustrating!

If you use Ramble IM Free software yes it will disconnects itself every 15-20 minutes its beta software

receptions on the Blackberry Curve

is anyone have experience with good or bad receptions on BB curve from either T-Mobile or AT&T network? Are sk and BB curve receptions same or different in your area?

I will consider to purchase BB curve or AT&T Tilt next year cuz I still have best AT&T coverage. I am tired of my sk3 reconnect and disconnect from T-Mobile network every times in my home as well.

I know alot of deaf people are reluctant to get good coverage on any carriers like AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile before get their BB.

snallga

And yet, there are available on either AT&T or Sprint with great coverage anywhere what T-mobile don't cover.
PowerON, what, Excuse me? T-Mobile will have great coverage across nation of USA in events. Because T-Mobile purchased suncom, it will become new T-Mobile USA (headquater) in North America. It guarantty will take cover nation with great coverages.

You forget that the wifi bulit in curve, If bad coverage or no coverage in your location or another local, so you can turn wifi on curve connect your own wireless router or hotspot at coffee shop,anywhere give it STRENGHTEN!

is anyone have experience with good or bad receptions on BB curve from either T-Mobile or AT&T network? Are sk and BB curve receptions same or different in your area?

I will consider to purchase BB curve or AT&T Tilt next year cuz I still have best AT&T coverage. I am tired of my sk3 reconnect and disconnect from T-Mobile network every times in my home as well.

I know alot of deaf people are reluctant to get good coverage on any carriers like AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile before get their BB.

snallga
snallga, keep in mind: Sidekick and Blackberry have different server period. they aren't share same server at all.

T-Mobile's curve was succeeful connect wifi at home if you had own wireless router on high speed internet or anywhere hotspot at coffee shop (starbuck), airport, on and on if there is no coverage or bad coverage. For good example, you live in desert like nevada/arizon or high mountian like serria mountian, you can use own high speed internet with wireless router. so you can turn wifi on curve, so hotspot give your curve the strengthen coverage without EDGE/GSM. ;)

hope this helpful

T-(im)mobile coverage is VERY spotty in Northern VA area also spotty in eastern TX and central Ohio. I need to walk a block away from my house to get coverage. Coverage is next-to-non-existent in Louisiana and Vermont.

Bum ping this up; need a response to my post # 27.....thanks

Rick, I downloaded and got the message that the download was successful and on the menu page of my BB, there are icons representing the applications and there's a new one now for Message Alerts; however, it won't click open the app....

Sorry for the delay, I don't come here *that* often. Anyway, when you download message alerts, you should see a green icon that looks like a loudspeaker with a music note in front of it. Do you see it? I will try to do screen shots of my BB to give you an idea of how mine was set up.

Sorry for the delay, I don't come here *that* often. Anyway, when you download message alerts, you should see a green icon that looks like a loudspeaker with a music note in front of it. Do you see it? I will try to do screen shots of my BB to give you an idea of how mine was set up.

Yes, Rick, I see the icon as explained above but when I click on it, it won't open up. Oh, and thanks for coming by.

I am thinking of getting a Blackberry in Florida. Any local recommendation there?

Back