Blackberry series may become extinct!

taurizs

Reaction score
Customers even speculate that blackberry series may become extinct some day since the mobile android and iphone appear to be much more popular than the blackberry series. goodbye to blackberry!

I hope that doesn't happen any time soon.

Apparently RIM is about to crumble!

Reca, yes RIM probably will either sell its units to other companies or go out of business. They have an announcement that they will lay off 3,000 to 5,000 employees including people who work on BlackBerry 10! Last June, they got rid of 2,000 employees.

Their last hope is to release BlackBerry 10 in the first quarter 2013. IF the BlackBerry sales is flopping so it will certainly finish!

If you look at the blackberry vs the other smart phones it's a no brainer. I hate those small keyboards of the crackberries.

The problem is that they are NOT offering BB 's at a decent price and has less apps options then the androids/iphones. Same with tablets. BB came out with tablet long ago but never dropped prices/add incentives.

I loved the blackberries and was a blackberry addict- but I have defected over to android due to prices.

The problem is that they are NOT offering BB 's at a decent price and has less apps options then the androids/iphones. Same with tablets. BB came out with tablet long ago but never dropped prices/add incentives.

I loved the blackberries and was a blackberry addict- but I have defected over to android due to prices.
I'm not interested in lots of apps. I use my BB for cell phone, text, emails, address book, camera, calendar, and internet. That's all I need.

I have a Samsung Reallity

but it probably won't be available anymore, they come out with new models all the time.

Check out this listing of phones with flipout keyboards: Set Your Location

Reba,

What will be your next phone if BB is gone for good?

Check out Verizon, they have way better coverage and reliability. As a former t-mobile customer I can attest to this!
We are sticking with T-Mobile. They have been the best service for our family. It seems to cover all the areas that we travel in. There are a few rural areas where there is no digital cell coverage for anyone with any service.

Yes that's real similar. The problem with the virtual keyboards is that like the blackberry the keys are a little too close to each other and makes it too easy to misspell. But the flipouts offer a great compromise, it's not exactly like a full-sized keyboard but allows me for to do fast 2 thumb texting.

You might want to check out a local electronics store like Best Buy or even go to Walmart in the electronics section. See how the flipout keyboards are like :hmm:

Yes that's real similar. The problem with the virtual keyboards is that like the blackberry the keys are a little too close to each other and makes it too easy to misspell. But the flipouts offer a great compromise, it's not exactly like a full-sized keyboard but allows me for to do fast 2 thumb texting.

You might want to check out a local electronics store like Best Buy or even go to Walmart in the electronics section. See how the flipout keyboards are like :hmm:
My younger grandson has a slide out keyboard on his T-Mobile Samsung, so I have seen it. The only problem with his is that he dropped in on a table and the screen cracked the first week that he had it. :shock: The keyboard still works; the screen is a mess though.

I don't have a problem using the BB keyboard. Maybe my fingers are smaller. :giggle:

I don't like the virtual keyboards because I'm a touch typist/keyboarder. I've been typing that way for about 45 years.

Back