Bible Versions

Is Jesus Christ the Word of God instead of saying "son of God"??

Hi askjo... what is my the simple answer!? King James Bible is the definitely word of unique God. All versions of modern bible [aka book] are not word of God, Because those modern bibles became common such as newpapers, novel books, literature books in general those people could understand to read in everythings.

Some of people don't understand KJV, therefore ancient english which God's language, not my own. It's his!!! is not language that beautiful in your own eyes read his mighty word as sense [feeling and seeing] him as pleasure him?

I am glad that you chosen KjV in your whole life..

Dan 10:21 But I will show thee that which is noted in the Scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince. Like symbol of Daniel 7:23>> Beast was very unique from all kingdoms for his rest<<

like Revelation 1:7,John 1:10 and 5:27>> Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. <<

Askjo, Crazyw00t was not agree with your words, he kept to dispute with you about verzions. Here samething, He wasn't agree with my words. Since I did not see crazyw00t's specify points at all for my rest.. I don't necessary to have chase his waste my times for his own flame debate... Next you, I acknoweldge you refuse to agree with my words if My record in mind had revealed you about biblical prophecy. but I suggest you read my all words of posts which somewhere in threads what I provided my beliefs out. your words will turn against my words if My words turned against your words or not.. I can see in your mind is little confuse over kjv and all modern versions like crazyw00t. but I might be wrong.. who know.. let see happen between your beliefs and my beliefs in eventually..

I was wondering that question for you, Do you refer to God as He, Him!?

Luke 2:42-52

And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.
And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
In His Time, there were no bible versions like NIV, NASB and so forth but, He did warned people to beware of the Scribes and Pharisees.
Jesus said unto his disciples : " Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers; the same shall receive greater damnation."
Luke 20:45-47

Does it sound like earnin' their profits for creatin' many versions ? You be the judge.

Crazymanw00t said:
I will be happy if people change my words to meet their language needs. That is a positive way to do that to meet their needs. Important is that it has same meanings.

Well, let's test it and see!

Crazymanw00t said:
I will be happy when people changed my words to meet their thoughts. That is an ingenious way to do that to meet their income needs. It is not important is that it has same meanings.

See? Not the same, is it?

Crazymanw00t said:
You don't understand the point.
What???
For example. If a deaf person can't read the english. How can you explain it to him? So you trasnlate it into ASL language right? ASL is not same as English because of different grammar sytem. Therefore you are altering the word of god to meet the deaf people's need to understand the god's word. That is whole of my point.
To explain him is to educate him. To explain does not mean that I alter the Word of God.

Askjo said:
To explain him is to educate him. To explain does not mean that I alter the Word of God.

That is the point i am talking about with NIV NASB KJV and etc from Greek Bible

Crazymanw00t said:
That is the point i am talking about with NIV NASB KJV and etc from Greek Bible
The Greek Bible means the New Testament ONLY????? What about the Old Testament?

The KJV was derived from ACCURATE manuscripts gone back to 2nd Century. Modern versions were derived from INACCURATE manuscripts gone back to 4th Century.

Originally Posted by Crazymanw00t
I will be happy if people change my words to meet their language needs. That is a positive way to do that to meet their needs. Important is that it has same meanings.

Well, let's test it and see!

Quote:
I will be happy when people changed my words to meet their thoughts. That is an ingenious way to do that to meet their income needs. It is not important is that it has same meanings.

When and If -- different meaning
You should use Suppose.

Language and Thoughts – different modes and meanings
You should use tongue, talking, words

Change and changed -- different modes
You should use modify vary transform alteration

Ingenious and positive --different meanings and different modes
You should use optimistic helpful encouraging affirmative

Income where that’s come from? Look at Prov 30:6 – do not add word (that is Catholic’s style)

Askjo said:
To translate does NOT mean "explain."

It is same thing. It is different by how we trasnlate it. For example with my example of the deaf people. It is called trasnlation with explaining. NIV NASB KJV are word trasnlated.

Who was Jesuit Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini ? Was he the editor of the Greek text which is used by NIV, and NASB ?

Codger's point: Do you contradict yourself?

Let me give you 2 verses for example:

John 5:31

KJV - If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 8:14

KJV - Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

The KJV does NOT contradict itself. Therefore Jesus did NOT contradict Himself.

Now let's look closely on modern versions on 2 verses:

NIV - If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid

NKJV - If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true

NASB - If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true

NIV - 14Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going

NKJV - Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going

NASB - Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.

You see how these modern versions contradicted themselves. Therefore Jesus contradicted Himself.

CyberRed said:

Who was Jesuit Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini ? Was he the editor of the Greek text which is used by NIV, and NASB?
I know who he is.

If, it is true that it was him...how dare some popes or priests perverted God's Holy Words when "homosexual" involved such as prostitute ? And, look at million of people who worshipped Pope and thought that Pope is an equal with God. :-o

Askjo said:
Yes, correct.
Askjo, correct?? wait a min.. you said that I am correct God refered as He, Him.. You believe that he, him which are person, man. Therefore God is Man, is not that correct?

Askjo said:
Codger's point: Do you contradict yourself?

Let me give you 2 verses for example:

KJV - If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

KJV - Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

The KJV does NOT contradict itself. Therefore Jesus did NOT contradict Himself.

Now let's look closely on modern versions on 2 verses:

NIV - If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid

NKJV - If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true

NASB - If I alone testify about Myself, My testimony is not true

NIV - 14Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going

NKJV - Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going

NASB - Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.

You see how these modern versions contradicted themselves. Therefore Jesus contradicted Himself.
Askjo, did you know that Witness is record, and Record is witness??

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Yes God is a he.

Jesus said God is his father.

God isn't a man. He is a spirit.
Miss P and Askjo, see that you said God is a he.. result, he is man..

I took english classes, school and college taught me as noun, pronoun, adj, averb, who, what, where, etc for 12 years. English Teacher taught me> He, him, she, and her refer as man/ woman, person... but Now you told me that He is not man.. Askjo and miss p, you messed up!!!

could you example me what in the heck is that spirit meaning to you?? so you think so that Spirit not refer as mind/ or head?

Back