Bible Versions

Crazymanw00t said:
Are you saying that KJV is only a word of god bible in modern time?

Yes, since it wasn't God's idea to allow some authors to alter God's Word to make too many versions. Who told the authors to alter God's Word ?

Supposedly, if you want to write a book and you want your own words to be exact as it's told ... and, someone decides to alter your words, how would you feel ? You would tell someone that you are the author of your book you do not want someone to change your words the way you want it, right ?

Same idea with God. :)

CyberRed said:
Yes, since it wasn't God's idea to allow some authors to alter God's Word to make too many versions. Who told the authors to alter God's Word ?

Supposedly, if you want to write a book and you want your own words to be exact as it's told ... and, someone decides to alter your words, how would you feel ? You would tell someone that you are the author of your book you do not want someone to change your words the way you want it, right ?

Same idea with God. :)

WOW! KJV is translated and altered the words from Greek to English. WoW! KJV is not word of God if you agree with your comments!!

Ok Suppose your child can't read KJV because it is 12grade level. You will want to give your children the Children Bible with about 2nd to 3rd grade level. Whole words are altered to meet your children's need. Now you are saying that the children bible is not word of god because it was translated to meet your child's need. With that point the Children Bible is still a word of god because it explains his plan, life, events.

I learned to read from the KJV bible. My children learned to read from the KJV bible. Perhaps todays children are less intellegent than a few years ago? Or maybe they are occupied with video games? Jesus diferentiated between what children and even new Christian adults should be taught. It was compared to giving milk to babes and meat to adults. Perhaps many people are still spiritual children still, and cannot discern the meaning of the stronger text. I dunno.

Actually, a children's bible or comic book is not the word of God. It may contain some references to the words, people, and stories in the Bible, but it is not the same as the Bible. But if you are led to believe it is, have at it!

Codger said:
I learned to read from the KJV bible. My children learned to read from the KJV bible. Perhaps todays children are less intellegent than a few years ago? Or maybe they are occupied with video games? Jesus diferentiated between what children and even new Christian adults should be taught. It was compared to giving milk to babes and meat to adults. Perhaps many people are still spiritual children still, and cannot discern the meaning of the stronger text. I dunno.

Actually, a children's bible or comic book is not the word of God. It may contain some references to the words, people, and stories in the Bible, but it is not the same as the Bible. But if you are led to believe it is, have at it!

I don't study Bible alone. I use good reliable reference books to sustain the Bible to make up of what I can understand the verse better. Dictionary is my all time best friend. :thumb:

Your quote, "todays children are less intelligent". This is true! Go and visit your old deaf HS. Compare with their education to your time. BIG different! :eek2: What does the teachers do? They changed the curriculum to meet to their level. If I were their student at todays school, I would have graduated at 8th grade level and then, head for a 4-years college to receive my BS by the time if I would be a Senior in HS. Cool! :cool: :laugh2:

~DV

Crazymanw00t said:
WOW! KJV is translated and altered the words from Greek to English. WoW! KJV is not word of God if you agree with your comments!!.
I ASKED you in my last post. WHERE is your answer? I am waiting for YOUR answers.

Please prove me!

Codger said:
I learned to read from the KJV bible. My children learned to read from the KJV bible.
I read the KJV when I was a child.
Perhaps todays children are less intellegent than a few years ago?
That is possible.
Actually, a children's bible or comic book is not the word of God. It may contain some references to the words, people, and stories in the Bible, but it is not the same as the Bible.
Absolutely true.

Crazymanw00t said:
Ok Suppose your child can't read KJV because it is 12grade level. You will want to give your children the Children Bible with about 2nd to 3rd grade level.
Wrong again! You give a false answer on grade level. I answered in my last post about the grade level and the KJV. The grade level for the KJV is NOT 12!!! The research company would disagree with you. The is the FACT, not my opinion!

For example:

Ecclesiastes

KJV - 4.51

NASB - 6.14

The lowest is the grade level.

Crazymanw00t said:
WOW! KJV is translated and altered the words from Greek to English. WoW! KJV is not word of God if you agree with your comments!!

Ok Suppose your child can't read KJV because it is 12grade level. You will want to give your children the Children Bible with about 2nd to 3rd grade level. Whole words are altered to meet your children's need. Now you are saying that the children bible is not word of god because it was translated to meet your child's need. With that point the Children Bible is still a word of god because it explains his plan, life, events.
Your comments here are not what CyberRed talked about. You did not answer directly to what CyberRed explained. You run around -- off the subject on what CyberRed said

Please read carefully below:

Originally Posted by CyberRed

Crazymanw00t, please answer CyberRed's points.

You would tell someone that you are the author of your book you do not want someone to change your words the way you want it

I will be happy if people change my words to meet their language needs. That is a positive way to do that to meet their needs. Important is that it has same meanings.

Crazymanw00t said:
I will be happy if people change my words to meet their language needs. That is a positive way to do that to meet their needs. Important is that it has same meanings.
For your English grammar, yes you can.

BUT God's Words? Get your hands off! I refuse to play with God's Word because the Bible warned that if anyone did, God will find them LIARS!

Proverbs 30:6 (KJV)
"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

Askjo said:
For your English grammar, yes you can.

BUT God's Words? Get your hands off! I refuse to play with God's Word because the Bible warned that if anyone did, God will find them LIARS!

Proverbs 30:6 (KJV)
"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

You don't understand the point.

For example. If a deaf person can't read the english. How can you explain it to him? So you trasnlate it into ASL language right? ASL is not same as English because of different grammar sytem. Therefore you are altering the word of god to meet the deaf people's need to understand the god's word. That is whole of my point.

NIV, NASB, KJV, ESV, CEV, etc is word of god even you disagree with it.

NASB

Proverbs 30:6 Do not add to His words
Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Deuteronomy 4:2 "You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you

Deuteronomy 12:32 "Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Revelation 22:18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

It is clearly that it said, do not add. Do you know why it is appears in the bible? Catholic, , Muslim or whatever other than Christian. They add more laws or verses to do something different what the Holy-Bible said. For example, “Justification.” All other religious disagree with Justification because they think it is so easy to do it.

Therefore, Catholic added to have Justification is through good works. It is clearly that Catholic is adding their Bibles. Therefore, Jesus Christ was talking to Catholic about that situation. Catholic worships Mary Virgin and Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ said do not idol other than me at 1st Commandment. Catholic seems remove that and add Mary Virgin. That is why Catholic is twisting the bible to meet the human's satisfaction than the God's want. Do you understand? Whole Bible translation isn’t like that and they are just changing the words to meet the people’s need with their language level at same meaning and points from the Hebrew and Greek bible.

If you are wondering, what is Justification? Put whole your faith on Jesus Christ (believe in Jesus Christ as your savior) and walk with him (repent the sin) and Jesus Christ will pours his blood of righteous covered on you (Salvation). So the God will look at you as righteous even you are sinners because Jesus Christ had his blood on you to make yourself looks a like righteous (holy person). Completely of your sins are thrown on the Jesus Christ’s cross and Jesus Christ forgives your sins because Jesus Christ poured his grace on you. Therefore, you can join Jesus Christ’s paradise (Heaven).

Martin Luther and John Calvin, John MacArthur Jr., R.C. Sproul, etc. strongly encourage people to understand the Justification in faith. Many people refuses to believe it because it is so easy. They want to do something that they feel that they deserve his grace.

If you want the verses with Justification in faith and let me know.

Crazymanw00t said:
If you are wondering, what is Justification? Put whole your faith on Jesus Christ (believe in Jesus Christ as your savior) and walk with him (repent the sin) and Jesus Christ will pours his blood of righteous covered on you (Salvation). So the God will look at you as righteous even you are sinners because Jesus Christ had his blood on you to make yourself looks a like righteous (holy person). Completely of your sins are thrown on the Jesus Christ’s cross and Jesus Christ forgives your sins because Jesus Christ poured his grace on you. Therefore, you can join Jesus Christ’s paradise (Heaven).

I am going off-topic for short time because I think it's important.

You can see the bold letter with "Believe." I use Believe instead saying accept. Believe is something that you put whole your faith on something for long run. Accept is something that you take it for good. It is huge different between two words. Many baptist use accept. Many reformers or calvinist use believe because of justification in faith.

Anyway back to point.

Askjo said:
I have a Greek New Testament. What about you? Can you read Greek?

Yeah little, I am not fluent with reading the Greek. I understand the Greek system. I don't mean that do you have the Greek bible. I mean, can you read the Greek writing?

Back