Beware of Nigerian Scams

I take it I'm not a caring person?

I take it I'm not a caring person?

Hahah no...I got emails similar to the one u got. They tell me how caring I am and blah blah. I am thinking..these people do not know me so how would they know if I am caring or not. I could be a bitch for all they know. Know what I mean?

Heh, yeah I know what you mean. Was it from Mindofhope? That account has been deleted thank goodness. I thought I was dealing with a possible loon.

Heh, yeah I know what you mean. Was it from Mindofhope? That account has been deleted thank goodness. I thought I was dealing with a possible loon.

I cant remember..I deleted them all but I just thought it was such a big time false compliment telling me what a caring person I am. LOL!

I don't know what is happen fraud or scam is not good

I thought you know better prevent to fraud on internet. I know you are right better protect to link, I don't like influence to advertisement to dirty website. I don't know what is stranger you send on forum. I guess not allow on copy email, I am not want to copy your email. That is strict to not allow on your email. better your private on email protect to on you.

you safe be protect to scam on the website. i am concern to you feel really serious. I am scared.

A pitiful attempt at a scam

I'm not sh*ting you, this is a real e-mail I got.

To: *************@yahoo.com
Subject: Your Ba*kn‬ C*ra‬d Lin&# 8238;

Drae Yooha!‬ Mebm‬er,

Tihs emali was stne by the Yah!oo sevrer to vyfire yuor bank cdra iitamrofnon. Yoru bank ask Yaoho! to dos o besuace soem of thrie membsre no lgnoer haev aeccss to emali aderdsses on Yaho!o and thye nee‬d to verfiy you. You must cetelpmo tihs pssecor by clciking on the lnik bolew:

and entreing yrou bank ATM-Deibt Card nbmuer and PIN ttah you use on AMT.

I agree you right scam to protect to not allow email. Because never influence to catch email never tell us and people serious don't want to bother means interrupt too much send to obsession email. Did you think so consider not safe or you are know scam means prevent to fraud.

That is right Fraud not good story about to lie or cheat to you. I guess i think so not enough think more brainstorm more general to you know what is means rule following strict to legal:?

I am not sure I am not wonder,because fraud serious not want to get money.

I disagree you. I think so you good smart observe make sure then stop it scam to bother people don't like on comment. I am concern to you on ip?

why are you use copy on the internet IP not allow in discuss. The computer is private Ip don't want to hacking. I concern about to something problem on the computer.

There's More Different Kinds of Scams: BEWARE!!!

Description

Romance Scams Are you wondering if the person that you are talking to is too good to be true? Are there things that you are being told that just don't make sense? Did the person find you on a singles site and start professing their love for you in a short time? Did they tell you that they were currently working in a foreign country, mainly Nigeria? Are they telling you that they are having trouble cashing their paychecks? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you need to be a part of this group.

You can clicks on this to understand exactly what scams is:

http://www.nigerianscams.org/

Nigeria - The 419 Coalition Website

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Nigerian Scam

Nigeria Email Scams - Nigerian Advance Fee 419 Fraud advanced fee internet e-mail web scams from South Africa & West African / Ivory Coast / Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation frauds.

Advance fee fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Nigerian" Scam: Costly Compassion

Nigerian Fraud Email Gallery

Nigerian Scam

Nigerian 4-1-9 Scam

'Nigerian scams' keep evolving - Security - MSNBC.com

There's more information on Scams ....Use the Google and Typed Nigerian Scams and you'll see more of it...

Our ex-roommate :afro: lied about the $4.8 millions in 3 box are comin' and gave the fake key to the person and left for an hour so and came back to ask my ex-roommate if the money came, accorded he said no it never came and I stood there laughin' my buns off...found out later that this dude got the information from the Nigerian Scams to fooled my ex-roommate, not only people in Nigerian doin' this ...Everybody everywhere they are are usin' Nigerian Scam's informations to fools everybody, I've encounter American people doin' the Nigerian Scam, this is the links that my ex-roommate learns how to fools others with his lied ---
Clicks---> Wipe Out Nigerian Scams

Also I found out this ex-roommate:afro: still use the DeafChat or anywhere is askin' for money by scammin' many with a false information he learned from the Nigerian Scams, he needs to be arrested......This person is L-A-Z-Y and C-H-E-A-P....

This :afro: lied saying has looked for 60 to 100 job, then says I found a job starting next Monday and me, another roommate stood there wait see, there he came out of the bedroom didn't go to work that's Monday, we got suspicious of this person then we found out this person usin' internets to fools people to get their money...

Not onlys Nigerians doin' this ...American are doin' it too, so is the others country too even Canada ...it's everywhere!!!

The Sheriff asked me Do you trusts people and I said well I don't know but then he said Don't trusted people periodly, not little not big, he said Do Not Trusted People Periodly!!!

Few time people from the DeafChat tried to Scams me and I was like yeah right likewise I told them I know what you are up to so B-Y-E!!!:rofl:

Last edited:
Here's another one for YIM name is yetti_sweetie23. This person claimed someone kidnaped her mother and took her to Nigeria, she had to fly there to get her mother, and now has no money to get her and her mother back. I saw this one coming from a mile away.

I even went so far as to get how much money she "has" to get her and her mom back home and found a site to get tickets from there to her supposed home. Found 2 tickets she could afford as well. Just in case. It's funny how hard she fought that info and said she still needed the money.

Anyway, watch out for her/him.

Oh yeah, I met this person in deafchat chatroom. I can't remember the name they used though. Watch out for these douche-monkies in there.

Last edited:
and and DON"T ACCPET ANY PACKAGES IF YOU DIDN"T ORDER! IF YOU DID..

WRITE RETURN TO THE ADDRESS!

Magic wand: *D-E-L-E-T-E SPAM EMAIL* Flush the spam email into toilet* Gone bye!

I ain't born dumb!
NEVER TRUST ANY NIGERIAN!

Nigerian Scams via the phone system

Yes those email scams are a pain. However, I am sure that this subject has been talked about on this forum before, but since I am fairly new here I thought that I would add this to the discussion. I work, as a relay operator and over 70% of the calls that I get through my system are scam calls from Nigeria. They call these businesses, pretending to be deaf, asking for 1000 spark plugs to be sent to Nigeria. It is really frustrating to me and all other relay operators ( we have ways of messing them up by the way , HA HA ). However, this is something that I wanted to address and it is one of the reasons that I signed up on here. I took my job, as an opr, because I felt like I was doing a good service. ( I love it when a family member voice user says thank you for your help, or a deaf user types to me thank you for your help opr. It makes me feel like I am doing the job that I was meant to do). But, when I get a call to a business, that says, "HELLO GOOD DAY THIS IS REV SMITH IN NIGERIA DO YOU SELL SPARK PLUGS QQ PLEASE EMAIL ME THE PRICES OF THE SPARK PLUGS SO THAT I CAN PAY YOU QQ I AM DEAF ," I want to throw my computer into the wall. The phone system of relay is designed for Deaf people to make phone calls, not for overseas criminals to call businesses and people, tell these people that they are deaf and try to scam them. Now, I love my job ( when it is legitimate) but I HATE and DESPISE these scam calls. Now, another case in point,I get children, playing on the computer, when I announce the relay to them that say things in the background like " Oh this is that thing for the deaf but the opr has to say everything that we tell them to," Then they type vulgar profanity so they can laugh at me repeating it.
Here is my point, I took my job so that I could help Deaf People out. I took my job, so that I could be of service to people that have to use the relay for their sole independent source of communication. But, it is being abused unfairly. Sometimes, I have customers, who have been waiting for a very long time to get an opr on the phone because our cubicles are backed up with fraud calls. I had a lady, the other day ,that was needing to make a medical appt for her children that told the doctors office that she had been waiting 20 minutes to get an opr and had been trying for hours to get through. This was in all likelihood, because we were busy with scam callers.
There must be some way that they relay system can be fixed. Why I am writing this, is because I think that the deaf community and the relay operators should ban together to create changes to the phone service and restore it to what it is meant to be for. Sorry if I am starting a new thread on this forum, but I think that everyone needs to be made aware of this problem. Many businesses are refusing legitmate calls because of all of this crap. One case in point, the other day, I had a Deaf caller that wanted me to call a store and find out what time that they opened. When I called the place, ( it was a drugstore) they said "Yes we have had 20 to 30 relay calls in five days and they are all scammers in Nigeria wanting us to ship them blood pressure monitors,". The store hung up on me, and would not take my call, after being instructed to redial the store a couple of times, I broke the rule. Rather than identify myself as an opr ,I said " This is a phone operator with a Deaf customer on the line that needs to know what your store hours are,". I still had difficulty with the call because of the Nigerian Scam callers. How can we do something about this ?

^^ :gpost:

I guess this is or could very well be a widespread problem where businesses are more apt to hang up on a relay call due to the on-going scams. Perhaps voicing our opinions and what solutions we could muster and forward them to our representatives and senators...hmm???

Obviously, this is of great concern if we are to take back what the system is suppose to do for 'us'. Afterall, we do appreciate all the hard work and dedication that our relay operators do in order for us to communicate with anyone whom we make our calls to.

~RR

I once had to relay call my dad from school. His business thought it was a scam...............arughhhhh!!!!! Seriously, there's something that needs to be DONE to cure this!

Serious Relay Problems

Yes, Roadrunner... getting everyone together and forwarding letters to senators, the phone companies themselves who have relay centers will help. Unfortunately as relay operators we don't get much a voice in our companies, but you as our customers have the biggest voice of all and the biggest say. Sense this is practically your company. Without the deaf community relay centers are nothing.

Please... on behalf of the deaf community and the relay operators sanity anything is greatly appreciated to help this matter.

Relay operators honestly think that if we could block the internation IP addresses that it would solve alot of our problems.. and clear the IP relay service so deaf users can make legitamate calls.

Thanks for listening and caring. Operators really want to help the deaf community and we can't because we are to busy helping criminals in Nigeria.

Sound like a good idea RR.

I got one of those romantic Nigerian scams and the person who sent me the email claimed to be an American who got stranded in Nigeria by a no good boyfriend who stole her valuables and she claimed the hotel had all of her papers and wouldn't return it unless she could pay her bill.

I thought it odd that an American would be unaware that my first name is a female name and that I'm a woman. She was looking for a caring man who'd send her money to get her out of a terrible situation.

I told Alex about it and he deleted her account at AllDeaf.

Some more..

I posted my Yahoo screenname.. I am working thru the scammers. so far found one real Deaf out of 5..

Yahoo Messenger:
jluvdayz - Jenny Luvdayz - needs money to join Deaf dating site. Looking for a Deaf Man! but has no credit card to sign up to Deaf site.

babzy06pk - Jane McPherson - Wants me to cash her money orders. I asked her what do I do when they bounce in 3 weeks?

sandraluv2carez - Sandra Micheal - Need me to go to Africa w/money - save her from her awful husband.

maryspenserlove - Mary Jones - A model (Uh Huh) needs support $$$$. Her EMAIL/PICs comes from someone named Bukki Lasi.

What is common? They are women looking for a man. They show you PICs of really hot women (the pictures are great - that is a big tipoff of how fake these people are - they might do better if they showed a normal looking person! ). They talk to you like you are SOOOOOOO wonderful and caring person.
They ask a lot of questions to you: Are you single, Where do you work, What do you do? (trying to figure out if you are lonely and if you have money!) They try to flatter you. And they can tell you that you are THE Honest, Caring and Loving Man they have always been looking for! EVEN if this is your first chat with them!

Kinda tiring wasting time talking to them.. but kinda entertaining when you know what they are going to ask and you can mess with them.

- Bill
Central Florida Deaf, HOH and American Sign Language ASL Website and Forums

i think we all deaf people need to be assigned with number or specifically name something to identify ourselves to relay opr so they will know it is not a scam and the business will not hang up on us?? if they dont have the idenitify nbr then scammers cant use the relay calls? just a thought..

Back