Better TVs for CC.

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
We won prize of 32" Element LED TV set yesterday but I found damaged and cracked display on it. I will return and exchange other one. I think to like brand name of VIZIO and LG. I need to know which one is better and clear CC text on VIZIO or LG?

I have VIZIO and I am happy with it's caption and the quality itself. I don't know about LG so I can't compare.

Don't matter what brand. We tried two same brands like two Vizio and one of model have CC at middle of screen (no way to adjust or change size) and other model have CC is perfect. I suggest you to test them before buy. Also all human's eyes never same for color vision too. Trust your own eyes which right for you.

I do have a 52" Samsung LCD HDTV and love it. Samsung and Sharp are the most popular ones. However, Vizio and other brand HDTVs are good. It is your money and preferences. Don't settle with those cheap, crappy HDTVs.

I do have a 52" Samsung LCD HDTV and love it. Samsung and Sharp are the most popular ones. However, Vizio and other brand HDTVs are good. It is your money and preferences. Don't settle with those cheap, crappy HDTVs.

I have 3 Samsung LED HDTVs. 1st is 56" 1080p HDTV for living room. 2nd is 29" 1080p HDTV for my bedroom. 3rd is 26" 780p HDTV for using nTouch VP. I will try to get new 32" 780p LG HDTV to replace Samsung in my bedroom. I will use Samsung HDTV for using SmartVP.

I have an Emerson TV and love it. But, like others have said.. should just test out some TVs and see what you like best.

I had vizio. 55" one and the CC sucks, I swapped with Samsung, and l love it. Most Deafies here have Samsung, most of them told me same reason, Its CC

I have a 55" Sony LCD HDTV, however I use my FiOS HD DVR to display CC so HDMI is usable, therefore I don't worry about Sony TV's CC that is always disabled.

In other words, if you have or plan to have a STB such as a satellite/cable/FiOS HD box or HD DVR with HDMI output, don't worry about how good TV's CC is because it will never be used and you will always use CC in the STB.

If you use an antenna (OTA) only, then it is important to have good CC in TV.

As a matter of fact, milllions and millions of customers subscribe to cable, satellite and FiOS.

We have a 32" Insignia LED HDTV and have no issues with captioning since it's run via DirecTV Genie Mini with HDMI. It won't matter because most cable boxes, DVR recorders, etc have captioning feature built in since captioning will not work via HDMI cable.

We won prize of 32" Element LED TV set yesterday but I found damaged and cracked display on it. I will return and exchange other one. I think to like brand name of VIZIO and LG. I need to know which one is better and clear CC text on VIZIO or LG?
Do you have a cable or satellite service?

I have a 55" Sony LCD HDTV, however I use my FiOS HD DVR to display CC so HDMI is usable, therefore I don't worry about Sony TV's CC that is always disabled.

In other words, if you have or plan to have a STB such as a satellite/cable/FiOS HD box or HD DVR with HDMI output, don't worry about how good TV's CC is because it will never be used and you will always use CC in the STB.

If you use an antenna (OTA) only, then it is important to have good CC in TV.

As a matter of fact, milllions and millions of customers subscribe to cable, satellite and FiOS.

Correct. I still needs good CC for OTA only like bad weather warn or something happen.

Are you talking about power outage?

That's one too. Here area have famous with bad weather warn like very strong wind as 80mph or hail or other. Sometime Internet down and directv don't works during heavy rain. So OTA better

That's one too. Here area have famous with bad weather warn like very strong wind as 80mph or hail or other. Sometime Internet down and directv don't works during heavy rain. So OTA better
OIC, so you use OTA as a backup. Good idea! However during power outage, your TV will not come on anyway.

I still have Channel Master UHF antenna for local HD channels but I stopped using it since FiOS was installed.

Do you have a cable or satellite service?

I have cable. I won't charge extra cable converter. Use basic cable only. Some brand tv set have HD built-in tuner and QAM tuner. What's different about this tuners?

I have cable. I won't charge extra cable converter. Use basic cable only. Some brand tv set have HD built-in tuner and QAM tuner. What's different about this tuners?
First built-in tuner is called ATSC tuner which is for OTA - Over the Air (local HD channels through a HD antenna). It's required in all TVs by FCC.

QAM tuner is for digital cable channels which are unscrambled. It depends on the company. Some basic cable channels are scrambled so the STB (cable box) is required. If all of your basic cable channels are unscrambled, then you are able to use QAM tuner in your TV so you don't need the STB from the cable company to save money on a box rental but you can't subscribe to premium channels such as HBO, Showtime, etc since they are scrambled (STB required).

If you use QAM tuner as well as ATSC tuner, I understand now why you want to know which HDTVs have best CC decoder.

Oh, Chevy57, you won the prize but it's damaged so you request for an exchange. Is it possible for you to pick a different brand?

Oh, Chevy57, you won the prize but it's damaged so you request for an exchange. Is it possible for you to pick a different brand?

in most cases... no

these prizes are usually already bought or are donated by companies so you get what they have. if they're really that awesome - they would take it back and offer another one.

I have VIZIO and I am happy with it's caption and the quality itself. I don't know about LG so I can't compare.

VIZIO is utter crap. it doesn't even compare to LG. that's why most hotels have them. cheap and shitty.

LG, Samsung, and Sony are the best one out there. I have 2 LG because my friend works for LG so I get over 50% discount each... I got LG laundry and dryer machines too for my parents.. the best in the world :D

VIZIO is utter crap. it doesn't even compare to LG. that's why most hotels have them. cheap and shitty.

LG, Samsung, and Sony are the best one out there. I have 2 LG because my friend works for LG so I get over 50% discount each... I got LG laundry and dryer machines too for my parents.. the best in the world :D
How do you know? You travel alot like I said before, right? :lol:

LG and Samsung are very competitive. Just like Kia and Hyundai.

Anyway, if I want to buy another HDTV now, I would choose Panasonic top-of-the-line plasma HDTV.

Back