Better TVs for CC.

For comparison between 50" plasma and LCD HDTVs...

All Flat-panel TVs Comparison

First two are plasma and last two are LCD. Plasma are still heavier and have higher watts than LCD. That's nothing new but plasma are getting thinner and lighter than before.

The pros and cons of LED-LCD and plasma - LED-LCD vs. Plasma

How long do flat-panel TVs last?

TV makers don't mention longevity much anymore, but the last time we checked, both plasma and LED-LCD TVs from major brands have a rated lifespan of 100,000 hours. And that doesn't mean that if your TV reaches the 100,000-hour mark it will simply stop working. That number represents the estimated time when the TV's display panel will produce a picture that's only half as bright as when it was new. After the "half brightness" point the TV will still be usable, just somewhat dimmer.
But logging 100,000 hours of use takes a long time. If you were to watch for 6 hours a day, every day, it would take over 45 years! There are other parts in a TV other than the illumination component that could fail over time, but over the years the TV manufacturing process has grown more precise and consistent. The bottom line is that a new LCD or plasma TV should last at least as long as a typical tube TV.

um..... then what are you asking exactly? be specific.

actually it does. why don't you go to high-end audio-visual store and ask why they don't sell Vizio?

that's not what you asked.

the reason for cheap price is not because of power consumption. it's mainly because of matured technology.

not quite necessary. you can take a very old car and retrofit its engine with better material and better technology.... thus making it better and more efficient.

that's why now plasma tv consumes less electricity than it did before. there you go.

Samsung is brand new and it dont even looks like top of line for spec.

Samsung 32" Class 3112" Diag. LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV LN32D403 - Best Buy

LG 32" Class 3112" Diag. LED 720p 60Hz HDTV 32LN530B - Best Buy

LG and Samsung are only 720p and 60hz for 32"?

VIZIO 32" Class 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV, SV320XVT: TV & Video : Walmart.com

Vizio is 1080p and 120hz for 32" which better than them.

Care to explain?

Umm, engine and chip never will be same at all. Like you can't rebuild chip to get better power consumption like tv, mobile, etc. :roll:

New matured technology always got better power consumption. Same thing.

LCD TV vs LED TV - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Price
On average, LED TVs are priced higher than traditional LCD TVs that use CCFLs for backlighting

Power Consumption
LED TVs use energy-efficient light emitting diodes (LED) for backlighting. These consume less power than cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) used in traditional LCD televisions. Power savings are typically 20-30%.

It's a fact.

Plus I was rebuild LCD before and I understand how stuff works. So you don't believe me about high price because of power consumption? It's your loose.

Best picture quality, especially deep blacks. LED is trying to get better than plasma but so far it doesn't succeed. Burn-in issue has been resolved.

Best HDTVs: Picture quality - CNET Reviews

I knew someone got plasma with plasma burn in protection and he still see CC burned on the screen. The plasma burn in protection means it will auto go black screen if you paused the DVR too long. But still problem with the CNN logo since it's won't move at all.

http://asset3.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/08/14/burn_in_cnn.jpg

Samsung is brand new and it dont even looks like top of line for spec.
oh ok probably not Samsung then. haven't been to high-end store in a long while.

and yet.... Vizio is piece of shit.

Umm, engine and chip never will be same at all. Like you can't rebuild chip to get better power consumption like tv, mobile, etc. :roll:
um..... no but you can get a BETTER chip or redesigned circuit board. duh?

that's why iPhone continues to get thinner and thinner.

New matured technology always got better power consumption. Same thing.
there you go. and nope it's not the same thing.

FYI - matured technology means the manufacturing cost is cheaper and easier.... which means they've figured out how to manufacture it cheaply. and plus it also means the technology has reached its maximum limitation.

It's a fact.

Plus I was rebuild LCD before and I understand how stuff works. So you don't believe me about high price because of power consumption? It's your loose.
nope. incorrect.

high price is mainly due to the cost of manufacturing the LED. it's very expensive. and you're saying high price is due to power consumption? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I knew someone got plasma with plasma burn in protection and he still see CC burned on the screen. The plasma burn in protection means it will auto go black screen if you paused the DVR too long. But still problem with the CNN logo since it's won't move at all.

http://asset3.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/08/14/burn_in_cnn.jpg
There are two 42" plasma HDTVS by Panasonic in the cafeteria at my workplace. They are left on 24/7 and one of them has CC on. I checked once in a while to see if they had burn-ins. Nothing! Therefore, this technology has been improved much better.

There are two 42" plasma HDTVS by Panasonic in the cafeteria at my workplace. They are left on 24/7 and one of them has CC on. I checked once in while to see if they had burn-ins. Nothing! Therefore, this technology has been improved much better.

yep. and cheaper.

LED TV is still very expensive but it will get cheaper within next year or so.

2 or 3 years ago I went to see Panny (top of the line- model VT25) plasma HDTV in a large room with high-end equipments called Magnolia Home Theater at Best Buy.
:jaw: It had the smoothest picture I have ever seen in both 3D and 2D.
Pioneer Elite Kuro (top of the line plasma) used to be a reference TV for most organizations like CNET, Home Theater magazine, Sound and Vision magazine, etc. After that, Panny Viera model VT becomes a reference TV, I believe.

yep. Pioneer. gooooood shit.

Sound and Vision magazine = the best.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/LG-55LE5400-55-Inch-Internet-Applications/dp/B0039JBXVY]Amazon.com : LG 55LE5400 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Internet Applications : Led Tvs : Electronics[/ame]
I paid $2k for this at Best Buy 3 years ago and it's been great. Of course, like any other TV, it has pros and cons.

Well, generally high price is due to new technology coming out. IT has nothing to do with power consumption. Remember how much the blu ray players were when they first came out...they were $2,000+ easily. You can get them for under $100 now.

It's the same for cars with new technology added to it like for example expensive luxury cars only had anti lock brakes, now cheaper, base models now have anti lock brakes. Same with airbags in all models.

oh ok probably not Samsung then. haven't been to high-end store in a long while.

and yet.... Vizio is piece of shit.

um..... no but you can get a BETTER chip or redesigned circuit board. duh?

that's why iPhone continues to get thinner and thinner.

there you go. and nope it's not the same thing.

FYI - matured technology means the manufacturing cost is cheaper and easier.... which means they've figured out how to manufacture it cheaply. and plus it also means the technology has reached its maximum limitation.

nope. incorrect.

high price is mainly due to the cost of manufacturing the LED. it's very expensive. and you're saying high price is due to power consumption? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Here you go. Not just brand, It's about model, Some Vizio model are soo cheap and some Vizio model are so expensive. Like there is two type models, One for $200 and one for $500 and both are same size but powerful spec.

Price
On average, LED TVs are priced higher than traditional LCD TVs that use CCFLs for backlighting.

EDIT Power Consumption
LED TVs use energy-efficient light emitting diodes (LED) for backlighting. These consume less power than cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) used in traditional LCD televisions. Power savings are typically 20-30%.

Care to explain why they said that?

Same idea my $50 LED flashlight is around 80 lumens and last 200 hours. Most $5 LED flashlight last 100 hours and only 1 lumens.

Well, generally high price is due to new technology coming out. IT has nothing to do with power consumption. Remember how much the blu ray players were when they first came out...they were $2,000+ easily. You can get them for under $100 now.

It's the same for cars with new technology added to it like for example expensive luxury cars only had anti lock brakes, now cheaper, base models now have anti lock brakes. Same with airbags in all models.

Not exactly, Like Lithium battery cost almost two times more than NiCD battery due part of power consumption and light weight. I have both of them but not Dewalt brand and Lithium battery took 20min to full charge and last around 180 units of 3" screws and NiCD battery took 6 hours to full charge and last around 40 units of 3" screws.

2 x ExpertPower® 12v 3000mAh NiMh Battery for Dewalt DW9071 DW9072 DC9071 DE9037 DE9071 DE9072 DE9074 DE9075 152250-27 397745-01 - Amazon.com

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCB203-2-Lithium-Ion-Battery-2-Pack/dp/B00BYKVMSY]Amazon.com: DEWALT DCB203-2 20V MAX XR 2.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery 2-Pack: Home Improvement[/ame]

Same idea about LED bulb.
LED bulb almost 3 times cost than old school bulb but almost 70% power consumption less.

Don't be confused with computers. Like 120GB hdd for $99 or 2GB of RAM for $99 each in around 5 years ago and right now 1TB of hdd or 16GB of RAM for $99 each and they don't mean to get better power consumption so much. For CPU? A little.

For cars? It's answer is UNIT number. Small unit = very expensive and big UNIT = very cheap. You see why most Deaf tech as fire alarm, flood alarm, bed vib, blah blah and they are so expensive like Fire alarm with strobe cost $200-$400 and Hearing fire alarm like $20.

Did you know that brand new motorcycle WITH ABS is almost $1,000 more than motorcycle without ABS? Most auto's ABS control modules are around $200. Because auto's ABS are standard and motorcycle don't. Plus auto are more UNIT than motorcycles in USA. Not just new technology.

Not exactly, Like Lithium battery cost almost two times more than NiCD battery due part of power consumption and light weight. I have both of them but not Dewalt brand and Lithium battery took 20min to full charge and last around 180 units of 3" screws and NiCD battery took 6 hours to full charge and last around 40 units of 3" screws.

2 x ExpertPower® 12v 3000mAh NiMh Battery for Dewalt DW9071 DW9072 DC9071 DE9037 DE9071 DE9072 DE9074 DE9075 152250-27 397745-01 - Amazon.com

Amazon.com: DEWALT DCB203-2 20V MAX XR 2.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery 2-Pack: Home Improvement

Same idea about LED bulb.
LED bulb almost 3 times cost than old school bulb but almost 70% power consumption less.

Don't be confused with computers. Like 120GB hdd for $99 or 2GB of RAM for $99 each in around 5 years ago and right now 1TB of hdd or 16GB of RAM for $99 each and they don't mean to get better power consumption so much. For CPU? A little.

For cars? It's answer is UNIT number. Small unit = very expensive and big UNIT = very cheap. You see why most Deaf tech as fire alarm, flood alarm, bed vib, blah blah and they are so expensive like Fire alarm with strobe cost $200-$400 and Hearing fire alarm like $20.

Did you know that brand new motorcycle WITH ABS is almost $1,000 more than motorcycle without ABS? Most auto's ABS control modules are around $200. Because auto's ABS are standard and motorcycle don't. Plus auto are more UNIT than motorcycles in USA. Not just new technology.

I'm speaking in general. Many things in general ususally come out in a high price tag at first. Brand new TVs in 1950's were $500 brand new, many people couldn't afford it so they only had one tv per household. RAM memory was $1,000 for only 32 MB, now they're very cheap. 10 MB hard drive was $500 easily in 1980's. I bought 4 GB RAM for $40 few years ago to upgrade my Mac Mini.

LED bulbs are expensive, once again it's new technology on the market. I bet you it will drop price as it becomes more mainstreamed.

Deaf equipment is expensive for one of the reason: not many people buy them. That's why the prices are high.

new technology usually comes with a high price tag at launch. Playstation 3 was expensive at first, now about half the price.

I'm speaking in general. Many things in general ususally come out in a high price tag at first. Brand new TVs in 1950's were $500 brand new, many people couldn't afford it so they only had one tv per household. RAM memory was $1,000 for only 32 MB, now they're very cheap. 10 MB hard drive was $500 easily in 1980's. I bought 4 GB RAM for $40 few years ago to upgrade my Mac Mini.

I already told you that almost do nothing with power consumption.

LED bulbs are expensive, once again it's new technology on the market. I bet you it will drop price as it becomes more mainstreamed.

Deaf equipment is expensive for one of the reason: not many people buy them. That's why the prices are high.

That's call UNIT. I already explained you about BIG UNIT = cheap and SMALL UNIT = high price.

Unit price - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

new technology usually comes with a high price tag at launch. Playstation 3 was expensive at first, now about half the price.

Again, Nothing do with power consumption. Let explain more clear. Old 3 speeds manual transmission are cheap but POOR MPG so New 6 speeds manual transmission are more expensive than 3 speeds manual transmission. So 6 speeds manual transmission's price ever will NOT be cheaper than 3 speeds manual at all.

After 5 years later, LED TV will cheap than plasma? I don't think so.

That's call UNIT. I already explained you about BIG UNIT = cheap and SMALL UNIT = high price.

Again, Nothing do with power consumption. Let explain more clear. Old 3 speeds manual transmission are cheap but POOR MPG so New 6 speeds manual transmission are more expensive than 3 speeds manual transmission. So 6 speeds manual transmission's price ever will NOT be cheaper than 3 speeds manual at all.

I don't have time to argue with you with that. You just make things complicated. I already know what I'm talking about. I just say things differently and you twist my words around.

I'm not going to come back to reply.

Here you go. Not just brand, It's about model, Some Vizio model are soo cheap and some Vizio model are so expensive. Like there is two type models, One for $200 and one for $500 and both are same size but powerful spec.
dude.... $500????? that's it??????? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

the cheapest tv you can get at any high-end store is probably $1,500 demo model :lol:

Care to explain why they said that?

Same idea my $50 LED flashlight is around 80 lumens and last 200 hours. Most $5 LED flashlight last 100 hours and only 1 lumens.
say what? it doesn't explain anything about why it's expensive. it only explains the technological difference between LED and LCD.

why are you being so stubborn? it's very simple. LED TV is very expensive because of manufacturing cost. what's so hard to understand that?

no.... I TOLD you that.

lol what? unit price? :laugh2:

this is not a Shop Rite

5 years later? plasma tv will be outdated :lol:

that's like saying - CRT monitor will still be around 5 years later when in fact nobody makes it anymore.

I predict OLED will outperform them all. Lightest, thinnest, purest colors, deepest blacks, best picture.

As for 4K resolution, if plasma can't make it to this new standard, then it will be out of the business when 4K UHD TVs become affordable (not when LED-LCD TVs become affordable).

I predict OLED will outperform them all. Lightest, thinnest, purest colors, deepest blacks, best picture.

As for 4K resolution, if plasma can't make it to this new standard, then it will be out of the business when 4K UHD TVs become affordable (not when LED-LCD TVs become affordable).

OLED is amazing but.... it will be quite a while till OLED reaches the big-screen size at affordable price.

Back