Better TVs for CC.

Oh wow - see Chevy57's post above - he uses digital cable.
OFC, all cable companies provide digital cable. Basic cable is one of the packages. The cost is the lowest.

The Highlander said all HDTV require to have QAM turner built in.

Not anymore after FCC changed their rule - FCC Rules To Make It Harder To Get Cable Channels Without A Cable Box
Yes, QAM tuner is not required by FCC.

QAM (television) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The FCC mandates that all new TVs sold in the US must include an ATSC tuner, but there are no requirements for QAM tuning functionality.

Well, times change. FCC allows cable companies to scramble more channels than before so they can make more profits from the box rentals.

If Chevy57 wants CNN, USA, ESPN, FX, etc and they are scrambled, then he will need a cable box. That's why I originally said that it depends on the company.

OFC, all cable companies provide digital cable. Basic cable is one of the packages. The cost is the lowest.

Yes, QAM tuner is not required by FCC.

QAM (television) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, times change. FCC allows cable companies to scramble more channels than before so they can make more profits from the box rentals.

If Chevy57 wants CNN, USA, ESPN, FX, etc and they are scrambled, then he will need a cable box. That's why I originally said that it depends on the company.

Tell to The Highlander - he mentioned that QAM is required by FCC.
http://www.alldeaf.com/2217541-post28.html

Box rental? :lol: I prefer to buy my own cable box/DVR, such as Tivo.

what's wrong with plasma? :lol:

mine's plasma.

plasma got hot than LED and LCD. Also Plasma almost 2 times more than LED for power consumption.

That's why Plasma is low price then LED.

Last edited:
plasma got hot than LED and LCD and awful. Also Plasma almost 2 times more than LED for power consumption.

A plasma TV can last up to 60,000 hours. LED TV - 100,000 hours.

That was not my question.

Looks like you dont understand about TV's spec.

then you need to ask a better question. you asked what high-end... I told you the brand names. you didn't ask me for tv spec :roll:

obviously they don't sell cheaper model of a specific brand. use your common sense.... they sell the best ones. serious bucks.

plasma got hot than LED and LCD. Also Plasma almost 2 times more than LED for power consumption.

nope. it's because LED and LCD are newer technology.

LCD technology has been around since 70's, first appeared on digital clocks, calculators, later appeared in heavy, bulky laptops, graph calculators, monitors, etc. etc.

LCD technology has been around since 70's, first appeared on digital clocks, calculators, later appeared in heavy, bulky laptops, graph calculators, monitors, etc. etc.

not like tv

not like tv

Yeah, just saying Jiroooooo! earliest LCD monitors were in around 2001 ish or so. HDTVs were introduced in the US in 1998, so that means LCD HDTVs didn't appear until around 2005 or so. I think plasmas were out before that. Sorry, was talking a loud from my mind, lol.

Yeah, just saying Jiroooooo! earliest LCD monitors were in around 2001 ish or so. HDTVs were introduced in the US in 1998, so that means LCD HDTVs didn't appear until around 2005 or so. I think plasmas were out before that. Sorry, was talking a loud from my mind, lol.

you know how big the LCD HDTV was in its early age? there you go.

recently - it's been made possible and affordable for LCD tv to achieve HD quality for over 40" while keeping the cost affordable enough for Joe the Plumber to buy but it's still expensive.

Plasma TV is a matured technology therefore cheap. Current technology has made it possible for it to be energy efficient but yes it's less efficient than LED/LCD

Last edited:
you know how big the LCD HDTV was in its early age? there you go.

recently - it's been made possible and affordable for LCD tv to achieve HD quality over 40" while keeping the cost affordable enough for Joe the Plumber to buy but it's still expensive.

Plasma TV is a matured technology therefore cheap. Current technology has made it possible for it to be energy efficient but yes it's less efficient than LED/LCD

Early HDTVs were rear projection with 3 CRTs (rarely with 3 LCDs), DLP rear projection, plasmas, CRT widescreen until LCD technology appeared, many of those technologies went away and now most common today is plasma, LCD and LED LCD. OLED is starting to come out but very expensive at this point.

then you need to ask a better question. you asked what high-end... I told you the brand names. you didn't ask me for tv spec :roll:

obviously they don't sell cheaper model of a specific brand. use your common sense.... they sell the best ones. serious bucks.

I never ask what's brand? I said like what? Use your common sense. Best brand dont mean top of line.

Again,

Nope what? It's a fact. Outdate technology always high watts than new technology. Everyone know that.

I never ask what's brand? I said like what? Use your common sense.
um..... then what are you asking exactly? be specific.

Best brand dont mean top of line.
actually it does. why don't you go to high-end audio-visual store and ask why they don't sell Vizio?

Again,
that's not what you asked.

Nope what?
the reason for cheap price is not because of power consumption. it's mainly because of matured technology.

It's a fact. Outdate technology always high watts than new technology. Everyone know that.
not quite necessary. you can take a very old car and retrofit its engine with better material and better technology.... thus making it better and more efficient.

that's why now plasma tv consumes less electricity than it did before. there you go.

Back