Best city for Deaf people?

PiperFlute21

Reaction score
I am about to graduate with my degree in ASL Interpreting. I definitely want to move away from where I currently live in Kentucky. I am a Southern girl, so I don't want to move up where it's absolutely frigid cold, like Rochester. In your experience, what is the best Deaf-friendly city and why?

Austin TX should be good if you don't like cold weather.

For cities in warm places, like Botts said, Austin, Phx, and Riverside are what I know of.

I am about to graduate with my degree in ASL Interpreting. I definitely want to move away from where I currently live in Kentucky. I am a Southern girl, so I don't want to move up where it's absolutely frigid cold, like Rochester. In your experience, what is the best Deaf-friendly city and why?

the best city is the one you feel more connected with. and there are many deafies in pretty much all big cities anyway

depend your city reason decision opinion think so choice area city!

Bay area and Los Angeles, California...the weather there is generally great almost never snows and doesn't gets frigid cold. Phoenix and Austin might be a little too hot for you.

Bay area and Los Angeles, California...the weather there is generally great almost never snows and doesn't gets frigid cold. Phoenix and Austin might be a little too hot for you.

Ouch, LA is really really expensive. I'm just getting out of college and I'd really prefer somewhere affordable, lol. Phoenix is a dustbowl and hot, too. I was thinking maybe somewhere around the D.C. area, possible... Baltimore, Alexandria, Richmond, etc. Not really sure yet, still doing research. :)

the best city is the one you feel more connected with. and there are many deafies in pretty much all big cities anyway

I seconded that.

Some said Portland is great and another some said Salem is the best and so on. I think it is better to leave that up to someone.

I understand clear reading! I think so city high expensive depend compare to usa high expesnive both Canada worlds my area is very expensive lots of improve upgrade city community both plus on mortgage to lots of house, I notice many area city cost high worst taxes!! your option choice wisdom decide which best city up to your think!

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Seattle is good too. The weather isn't too cold in the winters altho it can get rainy.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Seattle is good too. The weather isn't too cold in the winters altho it can get rainy.

True, my experience with Seattle weather is that it takes one year to get used to the weather. After I was there for a year, it wasn't bad at all.

Come out to Riverside, CA It is a suburb of LA and has fairly nice/warm weather. There is a school for the Deaf over here and LOTS of Deaf people. The cities around here aren't TOO expensive and it is about a 45 minute drive from LA, Disneyland, and the beach!

The education in Fremont is better than Riverside, though. Anyone can correct me wrong.

The education in Fremont is better than Riverside, though. Anyone can correct me wrong.

Yeah, the statistics already proved that Fremmy kids are doing well in Exams than Rivvy kids, but I gotta admit Riverside campus are so nice, and very modern than CSDF. I see more and more of deaf Rivvy teachers are from Gallaudet/CSUN/RIT. I do believe Riverside will improve in few years later from now.

Back