Best blackberry, which?

I want a QWERTY keyboard, not a touch screen so, storm is no go for me. I am looking for an unlocked phone to replace my LG u990 with the same SIM, my mobile company sells the BB Bold as well but unsure how much they sell for it, :hmm:

A unlocked BB Bold runs around between $500 to $600 dollars. Make sure it is used on GSM network, not EV-DO network.

My current phone is currently with 3G network in Australia (which USA doesnt have it at the moment) and it varies from $600 to $850 AUD. But unless I can find a good reasonable price on ebay ;)

My current phone is currently with 3G network in Australia (which USA doesnt have it at the moment) and it varies from $600 to $850 AUD. But unless I can find a good reasonable price on ebay ;)

We have 3G network here, too. My phone is 3g, and AT&T has 3G network since for more than 3 years, I think. AT&T and Verizon has the best coverage for 3G network.

Oh? Then I must be mislead. My carieer has run the 3 network for 4 or 5 years. They do videocalls, but they are rarely used such as myself.

What that? Unlocked BB Bold? And why GSM network?

It means that the phone can be used on any GSM or EV-Do network, depending on the phone's technology. AT&T and Tmobile uses GSM which is common in the rest of the world. GSM network is very popular technology. Verizon and Sprint uses EV-DO network which is mostly used here in the US and maybe other countries.

My friend bought a red Curve 8310/8330 from At&t and she tried to unlock it when they gave her the code, I was the one who tried, but it ran into issues. But an telstra (one of our aussie carierrs) works fine in the BB of hers. Weird, si?

My friend bought a red Curve 8310/8330 from At&t and she tried to unlock it when they gave her the code, I was the one who tried, but it ran into issues. But an telstra (one of our aussie carierrs) works fine in the BB of hers. Weird, si?

That's pretty weird, Jake. What network does your carrier use? GSM or EVDO? Maybe that's why your phone won't work, I guess.

I just had a sneak peek of that BB 8900 which is found on google, it is a bit slimmer and blacker -- from the curve similarity :shock:

I just had a sneak peek of that BB 8900 which is found on google, it is a bit slimmer and blacker -- from the curve similarity :shock:

Yeah, it is a replacement of BB curve. Now, I wonder if they run out of numbers to use? LOL

Yeah and it looks nice, but not sure when it would come in Australia. About my considering of the BB, I got plenty of time until I get back from my trip, if I get one of the BB's, I will sell my LG u990. I do not like touch screen much unfortunately. I feel like an old fashioned way to use the keyboard instead of the vitrual keyboard. I remember, I metioned that I am not going anywhere near a iPhone. No sir.

Yeah and it looks nice, but not sure when it would come in Australia. About my considering of the BB, I got plenty of time until I get back from my trip, if I get one of the BB's, I will sell my LG u990. I do not like touch screen much unfortunately. I feel like an old fashioned way to use the keyboard instead of the vitrual keyboard. I remember, I metioned that I am not going anywhere near a iPhone. No sir.

Yeah, I'm with you too. I'm more of a keyboard type of guy than a touchscreen entirely with a virtual keyboard. I don't mind if it has touchscreen WITH a real keyboard, which my Samsing Epix has. :)

Yeah, I'm with you too. I'm more of a keyboard type of guy than a touchscreen entirely with a virtual keyboard. I don't mind if it has touchscreen WITH a real keyboard, which my Samsing Epix has. :)

Both features are always useful, si?

Both features are always useful, si?

Yeah, pretty much. I bet RIM will probably release a BB with a touchscreen AND a keyboard, maybe a newer generation after the BB Bold.

Back