"best and worse of your state"

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guy could post the best and worse for your states to see if it's worth looking into. I'll start: Vt/MA- best-cheap hays and being within 1hr from huge lakes-mtns-desert for trail riding. Worse- obviously the high price of real estate and lack of cowboys. :giggle: also weather too

We re thinking about moving back to California but same thing here ( high cost live) !!

U mean best and worst based on our own opinions or based on a public survey?

I was wondering if you guy could post the best and worse for your states to see if it's worth looking into. I'll start: Vt/MA- best-cheap hays and being within 1hr from huge lakes-mtns-desert for trail riding. Worse- obviously the high price of real estate and lack of cowboys. :giggle: also weather too

We re thinking about moving back to California but same thing here ( high cost live) !!

I agree with you with the lack of cowboy. :giggle:

U mean best and worst based on our own opinions or based on a public survey?

LOL I was wondering the same thing as you are....

::waiting for Phillips to answer your qq::

Worst state is Kansas, of course. :eek:

Let's not steer off-course in this thread--there isn't any mention whereas it states we are to say something about 'another' state which a member doesn't presently live in. ;) (Although, that can be changed if the creator of this thread doesn't mind and adds that as well--)

(For now) Per creator's intentions--

Either one (or both) applies in this thread:

• Based on your feelings and/or opinions of your state--the dislikes and likes....

• Based on statistical facts for your state--the 'bad' and the 'good'....

~RR

Well Phillips-

I have been thinking about alot move other state. State of Massachusetts tax property, car insurance, etc.. are awful higher !!

One friend of mine stated, he earn the same salary as here. His house tax propery only 1,800 with big land than Massachusetts. He feels much happier to manager his money with lower taxes and car insurance in Indiania.

Why should I suffer to work 2 to 3 jobs, it makes my life such short ! I do not want to pay more taxes for Masshole repair the highway, tunnel, big dig, etc... It is not our responsibility !

Education is very awesome in State of Massachusetts but pay taxes !! No thanks !!

Click my finger, I do not know where I will go when I will be retire within 5 to 10 years from the Federal Government job ???

Um...

West Virginia might be a good state, and low cost of living, but peaceful place to live and raise children. It depend where the place is.

Huntington, Parkersburg, Wheeling, Martinsburg and Charleston are worst cities to live and but that is where the BIG businesses and BIG jobs are. Places like Morgantown, Fairmont, Weston, Beckley, and other place have very low numbers of people living, but they do travel to big cities to work everyday. Cost of living is low, and people can afford to live on their own, and there are a lot of people owning house. For family size like 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 2 car garages are like from around $99,000 to $200,000. Very simple and reasonable prices.

In state of West Virginia, there are VERY rarely of crimes, the only rising crimes is drugs. People lives in the big cities, they sell drugs.

People lives in the small cities or town, they are friendly and you wave everyone and everyone know each others.

West Virginia have 4 seasons - winter, spring, fall and summer..

For me, I rather to move somewhere South where I can please the warm weather all year round.

Maybe you wanna include different countries, too, Philip?

The worst and best of my "state" which is defined as a whole country that is Norway if I'm not mistakened...

The best of Norway: Gorgeous fjords and beautiful nature! Love it that Norway is very conscious of environment. It's safe in a large sense compared to many other countries. Small population, close families. Great for families and small children. Some cool holidays like Midsummer day. Great food. Some laws are good. One of the richest countries in the world. Many people are salt of the earth.

The worst of Norway: We get avlanches and mudslides now and then in the wild country. Some places can be dangerous to drive in.. like zero visibility in the mountains when it's snowing and blowing strong wind, and when one is driving in complete darkness in twists and turns that aren't lighted. Don't get me started about some other laws... and Norway is one of the most expensive places to live in. If you thought Hawaii was expensive to live in, Norway is worse than Hawaii!

West Virginia have 4 seasons - winter, spring, fall and summer.. For me, I rather to move somewhere South where I can please the warm weather all year round.

Of course, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. ;)

myrtle-beach-sc.jpg
myrtlebeach-rooms-1.jpg

Maybe you wanna include different countries, too, Philip?

The worst and best of my "state" which is defined as a whole country that is Norway if I'm not mistakened...

The best of Norway: Gorgeous fjords and beautiful nature! Love it that Norway is very conscious of environment. It's safe in a large sense compared to many other countries. Small population, close families. Great for families and small children. Some cool holidays like Midsummer day. Great food. Some laws are good. One of the richest countries in the world. Many people are salt of the earth.

The worst of Norway: We get avlanches and mudslides now and then in the wild country. Some places can be dangerous to drive in.. like zero visibility in the mountains when it's snowing and blowing strong wind, and when one is driving in complete darkness in twists and turns that aren't lighted. Don't get me started about some other laws... and Norway is one of the most expensive places to live in. If you thought Hawaii was expensive to live in, Norway is worse than Hawaii!

Wow, that is very interesting story about in your country, Norway. I did not realize, it is very expensive out there than Hawaii.

I live in FL. I love the south obviously and this is a southern state but not “too southern” for those who have issues with that. I live in north FL we have the benefits of the tropics but with season changes. As everyone knows FL is a beautiful state. It can be pricey though depending on where you live. North FL has a relatively low cost of living. There is a large Deaf population in FL and as my Deaf friends say, FL is where the fun Deafies are! LOL we have a very diverse population and although this is a republican state, (for some that is a detractor), we are quite progressive. Crime really depends on which city and of course which part of that city you live in. As far as gays well we have Key West which is famous for that. And you have South Beach and tourist attractions in Orlando and Tampa. Jacksonville is more known for it’s out doors activities since they have the St Johns river, the beach along the Atlantic Ocean and large equestrian center. And FSDB is in St Augustine, the nation’s oldest city and one of the nations fastest growing counties. St Augustine is in north FL and is considered part of Metro Jacksonville. Depends on if you want to live in a large city or small and what your funds look like. Naples on the west coast of FL is small but very expensive. It is becoming the Malibu of the east coast. Farther north on the west coast of FL is Cedar Key which is this beautiful little town on an island off the coast. I don’t know about the Deaf community there. It is more of a sleepy little tourist town. One FL natives go to. Ocala in central FL looks like Kentucky with it’s rolling hills and mansions perched on top with thorough breed horses running around. Horses are how I know Ocala that is all I think of when I think of that town. And of course Gainesville is where the FL Gators and UF are located. Tallahassee is the state capital and home to FSU and the Seminoles. Miami Jacksonville and Tampa all have professional Football teams. We have no state income tax. Detractor about my state….. HURRICANES!!! But every place has something, tornados, floods, blizzards, earthquakes, volcanoes. It is really what you want to put up with. Some parts of the state are very religious and conservative, while other parts are not very religious and quite liberal. Hope this helps!!

In New Hampshire, Property taxes are terrible. Good news is that there's no sales tax. :) No wonder why Vermont, Mass and Maine even Conn and Rhode Island or New York, comes to New Hampshire to shop.

I live in FL. I love the south obviously and this is a southern state but not “too southern” for those who have issues with that. I live in north FL we have the benefits of the tropics but with season changes. As everyone knows FL is a beautiful state. It can be pricey though depending on where you live. North FL has a relatively low cost of living. There is a large Deaf population in FL and as my Deaf friends say, FL is where the fun Deafies are! LOL we have a very diverse population and although this is a republican state, (for some that is a detractor), we are quite progressive. Crime really depends on which city and of course which part of that city you live in. As far as gays well we have Key West which is famous for that. And you have South Beach and tourist attractions in Orlando and Tampa. Jacksonville is more known for it’s out doors activities since they have the St Johns river, the beach along the Atlantic Ocean and large equestrian center. And FSDB is in St Augustine, the nation’s oldest city and one of the nations fastest growing counties. St Augustine is in north FL and is considered part of Metro Jacksonville. Depends on if you want to live in a large city or small and what your funds look like. Naples on the west coast of FL is small but very expensive. It is becoming the Malibu of the east coast. Farther north on the west coast of FL is Cedar Key which is this beautiful little town on an island off the coast. I don’t know about the Deaf community there. It is more of a sleepy little tourist town. One FL natives go to. Ocala in central FL looks like Kentucky with it’s rolling hills and mansions perched on top with thorough breed horses running around. Horses are how I know Ocala that is all I think of when I think of that town. And of course Gainesville is where the FL Gators and UF are located. Tallahassee is the state capital and home to FSU and the Seminoles. Miami Jacksonville and Tampa all have professional Football teams. We have no state income tax. Detractor about my state….. HURRICANES!!! But every place has something, tornados, floods, blizzards, earthquakes, volcanoes. It is really what you want to put up with. Some parts of the state are very religious and conservative, while other parts are not very religious and quite liberal. Hope this helps!!

Outside Ocala is a very beautiful places. There's miles of miles of ranch homes loaded with cattle and horses. My parents lives near Ocala.

well I'm not count this one.. because not coming from usa..

but i can say provinces...
my province is.. Ontario.Canada
In my boringhometown... very small and simple access everywhere what r u want to go ... Mall, mini downtown, North side (new plaza) and closer to work..
Nice place to live but boring.... (chuckles) Lovely price and reasonable awful lot goods!!!! Than big city because expensive property taxes, heavy bee swarming (traffic/peoples/transportion) that what so I called "Bee Swarming" :giggle: Anyway...
Ontairo, Canada: Have lot different places where you want pay visit events so many.

I have lived in two states...Arizona and MD

AZ:

Best thing: My family lives there and has authenic Mexican foods

Worst thing: Tooooo HoT in the summer...wildfire problems.

Maryland:

Best thing: Closer to the beaches (for me considering I grew up in Phx).

Worst thing: High cost of living. ggggrrrrrrrr!

Kentucky has both best and worst to offer just as much as every other states does too.

I'll start off with the best;

As everyone knows, Kentucky is the state that is land of bluegrass (you can actually see a glimpse of bluish grass if you see it from the right angle on a sunny day).

Of course, Horses are another thing. Lexington, KY is the capitol of Horse World. The Kentucky Derby is held every year in Louisville on first Saturday of May. The scenic view is beautiful, that is if you want to take a scenic route.

Kentucky is also the first state in the Nation to be completely brand itself which is <A href="http://"http://kentucky.gov/unbridledspirit/" target=_blank>"Unbridled Spirit"". It is also rich in history. There are alot of old houses (and they are amazingly beautiful) which is believed to be in the Civil War era.

There are alot of bourbons here as well. Maker's Mark is made here in Kentucky along with alot of other different bourbons. For more infos - List of bourbon brands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The cost of living is not that bad. For a house, It'd range between $70k to $500k - depending on the location. Of course it is higher when you are in the big city such as Louisville and Lexington. However for most of the smaller town, it is not that bad. It is also good for a family life or a life that wants to be all calm and quiet.

The worst part of Kentucky;

It can sometime get a little boring when stores and restaurants closes early at night times. The weather is crazy as if it is being on a roller coaster. For a younger crowd who wants to do something rowdy, Kentucky is not the ideal place to do it unless if you know how to do it in a "redneck-ish" way (not that I'm labeling them anyway). The roads can be steep and curvy (especially in the Appalachian Mountain area) which has caused alot of major auto-vehicle accidents. If you wanted to take a swim, You would only hope to find a lake nearby but nope, You'd need to take a drive and go to the next "closest-furtherest" place where you can take a swim at.

Back