basic education

yazmin

Reaction score
Hey..
Guys i just want to ask a question from all of you.. from where you start your education from public school or special school...???
share with me

Last edited:
Started and finished in public schools (special education) and went to local colleges later.

Laura

I went to Mainstream schools. I got kicked out of highschool so finished Highschool through correspondence. In my first year of exams at Highschool I started my inductory to Legal secretary certificate level 2. Which I finished 3 years later. I'm now studying at polytech(community college) hoping to get my Diploma in Legal Excutive(Paralegal) one day.

I went to countless public schools without accommodations, had some special classes, and speech therapy. Did some of my schooling by correspondence. Went to Business College (secretarial). Lastly received a Doctorate in Divinity.

public school, no accommodation, no hearing aids, just told to get over it and essentially not talk about it.

People suck! :pissed:

Yeah but accommodation requires money on my parents part and effort on the administrations part. I grew up fine I guess but I belong to no community and am always surrounded by people who think I need to just pay better attention and quit acting like I'm special or people who just don't even realize.

What's your definition of "special school"?

I started at CID (Central Institute for the Deaf). I don't know if that's considered a "special school". I was only there for a few years. When I moved to Texas at the age of 5, I went to mainstream school. I was placed in deaf education classes. Again, would this be considered "special classes"? When I entered the 3rd grade, I was partially mainstreamed... mainly for science and math. In the 7th grade, I only had deaf classes for science and english. By the 8th grade, I was fully mainstreamed.

Back