Baby Doctor is dead.

The*Empress

Reaction score
Well, my mom and my aunt, they are sisters,
but they went to the same doctor...

And I was trying to figure out
what kind of drugs did the doctor gave
them in 1970...?

My aunt's baby died in her fallopian tube.
And doctor had to take the dead baby out of there.

And few months later, my mom gave birth to me.

Did the doctor do some experiment on my mom and aunt...
or no, shit happened, move on?

But I want to know what kind of drugs, but my mom and aunt
said it was vitamins that they took, but they ain't sure.

I want to sue.

OMG Miss P...... tubal pregnancies arent from the drugs the mother was taking..... its when the sperm gets to the egg before the egg leaves the tube, so the egg is fertilized and anchors itself in the tube. The doctor isnt at fault! If you even think of stuff like this, dont you research it before you post? Your topics always seem to have obvious answers before anyone else says anything...

tegumi said:
OMG Miss P...... tubal pregnancies arent from the drugs the mother was taking..... its when the sperm gets to the egg before the egg leaves the tube, so the egg is fertilized and anchors itself in the tube. The doctor isnt at fault! If you even think of stuff like this, dont you research it before you post? Your topics always seem to have obvious answers before anyone else says anything...

:werd:

Ectopic Pregnancy

An ectopic pregnancy develops as the result of the blastocyst implanting somewhere other than in the endometrium of the uterus.

The majority of ectopic pregnancies (95%) are located in the fallopian tube, with 1% located on an ovary, less than 1 % on the cervix, and 3% to 4% in the abdominal cavity,

Incidence

The incidence of ectopic pregnancy is approximately 1 out of every 60 pregnancies, or 2% with the number increasing each year worldwide . Women over 35 years old, nonwhites, or those who have a history of infertility are at a greater risk of experiencing an of ectopic pregnancy.

Etiology

1 Previous Tubal Infections

Previous pelvic infections caused by certain sexually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia and gonorrhea, postpartum endometritis and postabortal uterine infections can predispose to a tubal infection. A tubal infection can cause damage to the mucosal surface of the fallopian tube, causing intraluminal adhesions that interfere with the transportation of the fertilized ovum to the uterine cavity.

2 Previous Tubal or Pelvic Surgery

During surgery, if blood is allowed to enter the fallopian tubes, tubal adhesions can result from the irritation of the mucosal surface. Salpingectomy, for previous ectopic pregnancy or for treatment of an inflammatory process, and salpingoplasty, for infertility are the surgeries that most frequently cause tubal adhesions. Occasionally irritation results from an appendectomy.

3 Hormonal Factors

Altered estrogen/progesterone levels or inappropriate levels of prostaglandines can interfere with normal tubal motility of the fertilized ovum.

4 Contraceptive Failure

Ectopic pregnancies occur with the use of an intrauterine device (IUD) in approximately 2 per 1000 users each year. The cause is unknown but may be related to altered tubal motility or a tubal infection. There is increased risk for an ectopic pregnancy with the progestin-only oral contraceptive because of the decreased motility - induced effect of progesterone.

5 Stimulation of Ovulation

There is a 3% increased incidence of an ectopic pregnancy associated with ovulation -stimulating drugs such as human menopausal gonadotropin and clomiphene citrate. These drugs alter the estrogen/progesterone level, which can affect tubal motility.

6 Infertility Treatment

There is an increased risk of an ectopic pregnancy with in vitro fertilization (IVF) or gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) since underlying tubal damage is frequently one of the causative factors predisposing one to this type of infertility treatment.

7 Environmental Effect

Maternal cigarette smoking at the time of conception was found in a case-controlled study, to be associated with an increased risk of an ectopic pregnancy. Marijuana May Raise Risk of Tubal Pregnancy

8 Transmigration of Ovum

Migration of the ovum from one ovary to the opposite fallopian tube can occur by an extrauterine or intrauterine route. This can cause a potential delay in transportation of the fertilized ovum to the uterus. Then trophoblastic tissue is present on the blastocyst before it reaches the uterine cavity, and therefore the trophoblastic tissue implants itself on the wall of the fallopian tube.

9 Endometriosis

The presence of endometrial tissue located outside the uterine cavity increases the receptivity of the fertilized ovum to an ectopic implantation.

Normal Physiology

The fallopian tube is very muscular and narrow and contains very few ciliated cells at the interstitial area. In the ampullar area the fallopian tube becomes less muscular, the luminal size increases, and the ciliated cells are more abundant.

The fimbriated end of the fallopian tube has the unique function of moving the ovum and sperm in opposite directions almost simultaneously by peristaltic (muscular contraction) and ciliated activity. This tubal activity is initiated by two or more adjacent pacemakers in the ampullar and isthmic areas of the fallopian tube by sending out myoelectrical activity is in either direction. The net directional movement in the fallopian tubes will vary during the menstrual cycle. During menstruation the net directional force is toward the uterus starting from the ampullar area to prevent menstrual blood reflux into the tube. This is stimulated primarily by estrogen induced prostglandins. Just before ovulation, the directional force from the ampullar area is inward in order to pick the released ovum from the ovary and moved it into the ampullar area of the fallopian tube. At the same time the directional force from the uterine area is just the opposite in order to facilitate sperm motility toward the ovum. This is influenced by estrogen primarily. After fertilization the directional force varies in the ampullar area, which delays ovum transport. Approximately 5 days after ovulation, the net directional force from the middle of the ampullar area is inward through the isthmus in order to transport the ovum to the uterus. This is influenced by increasing progesterone and prostaglandin E2 (PGE). Approximately 7 days after ovulation, the myoelectrical activity become variable again, moving in both directions from each of the pacemakers.

The fertilized ovum should reach the uterine cavity in 6 to 7 days, just about the time the trophoblast cells begin to secrete the proteolytic enzyme and start to develop the threadlike projections called chorionic villi that initiate the implantation process.

The uterus is normally prepared by estrogen and progesterone to accept the fertilized ovum, now called a blastocyst. As the chorionic villi invade the endometrium, the villi are held in check by a fibrinoid zone. The uterus is also supplied with an increased blood supply capable of nourishing the products of conception.

Pathophysiology

Tubal Ectopic Pregnancy

Because most ectopic pregnancies initially implant in a fallopian tube, the pathophysiology will focus on tubal ectopic pregnancies. The blastocyst burrows into the epithelium of the tubal wall, tapping blood vessels, by the same process as normal implantation into the uterine endometrium. However, the environment of the tube is quite different because of the following factors:

1. There is a decreased resistance to the invading trophoblastic tissue by the fallopian tube.

2. There is a decreased muscle mass lining the fallopian tubes; therefore their dispensability

3. The blood pressure is much higher in the tubal arteries than in the uterine arteries is greatly limited.

4. There is limited decidual reaction; therefore human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is decreased and the signs and symptoms of pregnancy are limited.

It is because of these characteristic factors the termination of a tubal pregnancy occurs gestationally early by an abortion, spontaneous regression, or rupture, depending on the gestational age and the location of the implantation. If the embryo dies early in gestation, spontaneous regression often occurs. If spontaneous regression fails to occur, then usually an ampullar or fimbriated tubal pregnancy ends in an abortion and an isthmic or interstitial pregnancy ends in a rupture

A tubal abortion primarily occurs because of separation of all or part of the placenta. This separation is caused by the pressure exerted by the tapped blood vessels or tubal contractions.

With complete separation, The products of conception are expelled into the abdominal cavity by way of the fimbriated end of the fallopian tube

With an incomplete separation, bleeding continues until complete separation takes place, and the blood flows into the abdominal cavity collecting in the rectouterine cul-de-sac of Douglas.

Tubal rupture results from the uninterrupted invasion of the trophoblastic tissue or tearing of the extremely stretched tissue. In either case the products of conception are completely or incompletely expelled into the abdominal cavity or between the folds of the broad ligaments by way of the torn tube.

The duration of the tubal pregnancy depends on the location of the implanted embryo or fetus and the distensibility of that part of the fallopian tube. For instance, if the implantation is located in the narrow isthmic portion of the tube, it will rupture very early, within 6 to 8 weeks; the distensible interstitial portion may be able to retain the pregnancy up to 14 weeks of gestation.

Signs and Symptoms

Before Rupture
Abdominal Pain

Abdominal pain occurs close to 100% of the time. It is usually first manifested by a dull pain caused by tubal stretching following by a sharp colicky tubal pain caused by further tubal stretching and stimulated contractions. It is diffuse and is bilateral or unilateral.

Fetal and Neonatal Effects

Death is almost certain for the fetus in an ectopic pregnancy. From 5 % to 25 % of abdominal ectopic pregnancies will reach viability. However, it is not recommended to continue an abdominal pregnancy if diagnosed early because of the extreme risk of hemorrhage at any time during the pregnancy. The risk of fetal deformity is also high; 20 % to 40 % of the fetuses that live beyond 20 weeks of gestation will have such deformities as facial asymmetry, severe neck webbing, joint deformities, and hypoplastic limbs These are pressure deformities caused by oligohydramnios.

Good for you for researching it, but show me where in there it says the doctor is at fault. Tubal pregnancies are something that is natural, and is always going to occur in a small percentage of the general population. It is not the fault of the mother, father, or the doctor.

Frequently Asked Questions
about Birth Control Drugs

How do birth control chemicals work to prevent pregnancy?
Birth control chemicals which contain estrogen and/or progestin have several major mechanisms of action. Contraceptive mechanisms prevent fertilization; when these fail, additional mechanisms prevent implantation.

Major Pre-Fertilization Mechanisms
Prevents ovulation
Changes cervical mucus to provide a barrier to sperm (probably only a minor contraceptive mechanism)
Major Post-Fertilization Mechanisms
Changes the lining of the uterus to block implantation of the embryo
More about post-conception mechanisms

Do I need to use a backup method in addition to my hormonal contraceptive?
If you start the Pill, Norplant, or Depo-Provera on the first day of your period, it is considered effective right away. It takes up to seven days for the hormones to become fully effective. However, the first seven days of a woman's cycle are already infertile, so no additional protection is required. If you start the method on any other day than the first day of your period, you need to use a backup plan for up to seven days. For the minipill, you may need a backup method for 28 days. Ask your doctor to be sure. For the Pill, some doctors recommend using a backup method for the first 30 days. This is mainly to be sure that a pregnancy does not occur while you are still getting in the habit of taking a pill every day.

I have just stopped my method because I want to have children. How long should I wait before trying to get pregnant?
It is recommended that you wait until you have had 2-3 normal menstrual cycles before trying to get pregnant. This is because it may take several months before your cycles return to normal after discontinuing a hormonal method. Doctors use the first day of your last menstrual period to determine your due date; if your periods are irregular this may result in an inaccurate date. Also, there is some evidence that birth control drugs may exert a prolonged effect on the endometrium, making it more difficult to become pregnant.

I have stopped using birth control. Why am I unable to conceive?
Because of the prolonged effect of the birth control drugs on your body, you may be infertile for some time. For combined oral contraceptives, the average length of infertility is 2-3 months, but some women will remain infertile for 6 months or more. For Depo-Provera users, infertility typically lasts from 6 to 12 months. You may not have any periods during this time.

Why have my periods stopped? Should I take a pregnancy test?
For users of combined oral-contraceptives, missing a period is not uncommon. If you have not missed a pill you are probably not pregnant, but a pregnancy test may not be a bad idea. If you miss two periods in a row OR if you miss your period and you did miss one of your pills, you could be pregnant. Contact your local pregnancy center immediately for a pregnancy test.

For users of progestin-only methods, lack of periods is common. It probably means that you are not ovulating. However, if you are experiencing pregnancy symptoms (nausea, fatigue, sore breasts, frequent urination, etc.) contact your local pregnancy center for a pregnancy test right away.

Half of all Depo-Provera users have no periods at all during the first year of use. And pregnancy symptoms such as weight gain, mild headaches and breast tenderness are also common side effects of the drug. This can be alarming for Depo-Provera users, but usually the pregnancy-like symptoms disappear. Even after using Depo-Provera, it takes on average 10 months from the time of the last injection for normal periods and fertility to return. Other reasons why your period may be late.

If you have stopped using your method, it may take time for your periods to return to normal. See above.

I'm on combined OCs and didn't get my period. How can I tell if I'm pregnant?
If your period does not start during the last few days on the "reminder" pills or during the first 3 days of the pill-free interval, take your temperature with a Basal Body Temperature (BBT) thermometer in the morning before you get out of bed. (You can get a BBT thermometer from most drug stores.) If your temperature is 98 degrees F for 3 days in a row during the pill-free week, you are probably not pregnant. You can also take a home pregnancy test, which are usually accurate by the time you miss your period, or visit a local pregnancy resource center for a free, accurate test.

What if I forget to take a pill?
Combined OCs It is recommended that you take that pill as soon as you remember, and take your next pill at the regular time, even if it means you take two pills in one day. You will probably not get pregnant, but just to be sure, you might use a back-up method for 7 days. If you have missed any of pills 15-21, ask your doctor or pharmacist for special instructions. S/he may ask you to continue taking your pills, but to start a new pack instead of taking the reminder pills.

Progestin-Only OCs It is recommended that you take that pill as soon as you remember, and take your next pill at the regular time, even if it means you take two pills in one day. You will need to use a back-up method for the next 2 days.

Can I use oral contraceptives to change the date my period comes?
Yes, but you will need to talk to your doctor or pharmacist for details. This practice can compromise the effectiveness of the pill. You might also ask your doctor about a new type of combined OC pill where women get their periods only four times a year. It works by reducing the number of pill-free intervals which trigger menstruation.

Why am I having irregular bleeding?
Mid-cycle spotting is not uncommon for users of the pill, especially during the first few months of use. When this happens, typically doctors prescribe a stronger formulation of the pill. Spotting is an indication of decreased pill effectiveness, so some doctors recommend using a back-up method should spotting occur. However, spotting could also be a symptom of the STD chlamydia, so you should be tested if you are at risk.

Users of Norplant and Depo-Provera can expect irregular menstrual patterns. No periods, light periods, and even prolonged or heavy bleeding are all potential side-effects. If you have prolonged or heavy bleeding, you should contact your doctor.

If I take my pill every day can I still get pregnant?
Yes. All methods of birth control can fail, even if you use them perfectly. If you miss a pill, take a mini-pill only a few hours late, or take antibiotics that will increase the likelihood of contraceptive failure.

I took the pill before I knew I was pregnant. Can the hormones hurt my baby?
There is no conclusive evidence that a brief exposure to birth control chemicals will cause any sort of birth defect in the unborn child. However, you should avoid taking if these drugs if you think you might be pregnant.

Who should not use hormonal methods of birth control?
Women who are pregnant (known or suspected)
Women who are breastfeeding and fewer than 6*8 weeks postpartum
Women with unexplained vaginal bleeding
Women with active liver disease (viral hepatitis) or a history of liver tumors
Women over age 35 who smoke
Women with a history of heart disease, stroke or high blood pressure
Women with a history of blood clotting problems or diabetes
Women with breast cancer or a history of breast cancer
Women with cancer or a history of cancer in any reproductive organs
Women with migraines and focal neurologic symptoms
Women with moral objections to this type of birth control

Do birth control chemicals have unpleasant side-effects or health hazards?
Combined OCs

Common Side-Effects (not comprehensive)
Weight gain
Acne or dark-colored areas on face
Nausea/Vomiting (especially at the beginning)
Dizziness
Headache
Depression
Acne and/or oily skin
Weight gain
Vaginal infections
High blood pressure
Less Common Serious Health Hazards
Blood clots in lung or brain, stroke
Liver tumors
Heart attacks
Gallbladder disease
Cancer
Progestin-Only Methods

Common Side-Effects (not comprehensive)
Untimely bleeding or spotting between periods
Prolonged menstrual bleeding (8 days or more)
No bleeding at all (amenorrhea) for several months or over a year
Headache (very common)
Nervousness/anxiety
Lower abdominal pain
Dizziness
Loss of sex drive (libido)
Depression
Acne and/or oily skin
Change of appetite
Weight gain
Breast tenderness (mastalgia)
Increased facial or body hair growth (hirsutism) or hair loss
Whitish vaginal discharge (leukorrhea)
Excessive growth of body/facial hair or hair loss
Infection the implants site for Norplant
A brief period of pain or itching
Enlarged ovarian follicles
Bone density loss
Less Common Serious Health Hazards
Ectopic pregnancy
Cancer

My mom said she took birth control before I was born, and the doctor said they don't know why I was born with birth defect. :dunno:

I had an Ectopic Pregnancy in May 2004, lost a little one.

And I am working on getting pregnant again.

Ectopic Pregnancy mostly like run in the family (genes) or unsuccessful realeasing from fallopian tube to uterus wall. It's DANGEROUS to have the baby growing in fallopian tube.

yeah my Aunt almost died... she refused to remove the dead baby in her fallopian tube...
she fainted a lot and her neck was swollen...
and doctors warned her and finally got it out...
the baby had turned black and body was not in form.

My aunt still grieve about it.... she still didn't believe that.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Well, my mom and my aunt, they are sisters,
but they went to the same doctor...

And I was trying to figure out
what kind of drugs did the doctor gave
them in 1970...?

My aunt's baby died in her fallopian tube.
And doctor had to take the dead baby out of there.

And few months later, my mom gave birth to me.

Did the doctor do some experiment on my mom and aunt...
or no, shit happened, move on?

But I want to know what kind of drugs, but my mom and aunt
said it was vitamins that they took, but they ain't sure.

I want to sue.

:roll: where did u get idea come from ?? miss p.. there is no one faults , cant blame at doctor for that cause

When I saw the title "Baby Doctor is dead", I thought Dr. Spock had died. But no, it's Miss P talking about Ectopic Pregnancies.

Miss P, no one's at fault for this, not even the doctor.

Humblegirl said:
:roll: where did u get idea come from ?? miss p.. there is no one faults , cant blame at doctor for that cause

Cuz she is broke and need money.. get that point? :roll:

I will be SMAHT said:
gee not another hoax from past news on wendy's "finger found in chili bowl" :roll: please.. get a life!

Huh?? :ugh: Where did you see that?

Edit: I just found out what you mean.....I saw in another thread, a new one, talking about the Wendy's finger hoax. When you posted this, I didn't know what you were referring to at first.....

No, I wasn't talking about any hoax....I was talking about Dr. Spock....I just didn't know he had died, that's all. If you thought I was talking about a hoax, you were wrong....it never had crossed my mind about Wendy's or that fraud.

I will be SMAHT said:
on this post note... edit that topic to "baby's doctor is a dead meat" :roll: :stupid:->miss p

Nice of you to call Miss P "stupid".

Nancy said:
Oh, ok....if he was dead, I apologize....I didn't know.

No need to apologize, Nancy. It's just ironic, that's all. I don't even know if Spock is dead. Seems I recall that he is, but I might have my facts wrong. It's okay :hug:

This thread is kinda silly, anyway.... We can agree on that. Ectopic pregnancies happen. There's no reason to think there was some omnious cause for it.

Nancy said:
Huh?? :ugh: Where did you see that?

Edit: I just found out what you mean.....I saw in another thread, a new one, talking about the Wendy's finger hoax. When you posted this, I didn't know what you were referring to at first.....

No, I wasn't talking about any hoax....I was talking about Dr. Spock....I just didn't know he had died, that's all. If you thought I was talking about a hoax, you were wrong....it never had crossed my mind about Wendy's or that fraud.

Right. There's no hoax here. Like I said, I think Spock is dead, but I could be wrong. If I am, I apologize for mentioning it.

Back