ATTN: Old AD Members...

AquaBlue

Reaction score
I came into this wonderful site on May 2003. If your membership is older then mine, say so here. Acknowledge your presence: Stand up and be counted. :D

April 22nd, 2009 will mark AD's 7th year.

I'm way behind you guys in terms of registration date, so I kowtow down in recognition.

i think alex needs to update the ad page. right now it says "5th anniversary." having said that, i know he's very busy.

When I saw the title, I thought you meant people on the top side of middle age, so I came right in.:hmm:

i've been here since january of 2005. i've had lots of wonderful and interesting conversations with many ad'ers since then. :)

Just wanna ask u oldtimers....is AD different now than the AD in 2003/04?

Yes and no. Alot of people come and go. Those that have gone are always being replaced by new people. The place has a different "feel" to it for me just because there are new (new to me) people posting. What I find incredible is you're still relatively new and your post count is astounding. I've been on longer than you, and don't have HALF the posts you do!

INCREDIBLE. (and it's not like you sit your hiney on here all day long and posts. You HAVE a life! :giggle:)

I think that's okay, some people just like to express themselves more openly so you can get an idea of what they want to say about something to their opinion.

Other people can just be bystanders and read something, then move on but don't contribute - there's a term for those guys, called lurkers.

In a world, I think it's equally balanced to have from both, but usually when I see new posts I favor more of the repliers to say something rather than read, lurk, and disappear onto the next topic.

Iv been on alldeaf full time for about six months ish

I admit I feel much more suppressed when I speak out my mind. Back then we were able to speak out with no problems. Right now, I can't speak my mind without being manipulated or at the risk of being banned because some people can't tolerate debating.

Thank goodness for the ignore button as we didn't have that back then! :giggle:

Well, many old people have gone and some new ones have moved in. Alldeaf was erected in around 2002 as well. Let's see who is the active member for a long time. :P

AD never changes. It has the same energy today as it did when I first joined. I have had my share of problems with others- growing pains as I learned about Deaf culture...expected blunders. Lots of love here, no doubt. :D

Back