Assaulted outside of Wal-Mart by "cop"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I competely understand the anger and I'm sorry this had to happen but the "under cover" security guard may thought you were refusing to obey, that could be the reason why he grabbed you in the arm...:dunno:

Just because you are deaf, don't mean everyone knows it.

They initially thought you was not listening to them and being rude. It's a misunderstanding, but I can guarantee you are not going to hear back from the police department as that is not their area. Private security is Walmart's division.

If you want something you need to talk to the manager of Walmart about it. but in reality it was just a misunderstanding, and from now on flash your receipt to the greeter and if they don't give a sign of wanting to see the receipt then go on. I don't know how they can solve the problem about the alarm going off, but you just have to be understanding about the situation when someone approach you.

In this situation I see both party is at fault so just take a lesson from this and show the receipt from now on, hopefully the security will have learned from it also and be a little more respectful to someone walking out, but that is a hard thing to do when it could be a thief instead of a deaf person.

:gpost:

not employee. No employees of any stores are allowed to handle any security-related incidents for liability reason. I have heard of stories about some assholes walking into Blockbuster, collected a few dvds and then walked out because they knew the employees can't even do anything about it. I confirmed this with my couple of my friends who worked at Blockbuster. They said - "yup... happened a few times.. oh well.... <shrug>" :dunno:
That's true. Blockbuster has a policy that restricts employees from doing anything except cooperate with the criminal.

If a guy walks in the store and demands money from you, cooperate with him. Don't try to stop him or anything.

Even if you saved the day by stopping the criminal, you could end up losing your job.

damn. You should complain to Wal-Mart first that their security guards should wear uniforms... hell threaten lawsuit if you gotta. Police has nothing to do with this. Carpet-bomb Wal-mart if you have to. demand some awareness or whatsoever.

I dunno but I may go back just to see if they even remember the incident and hell, I'll take an apology.

Though I still don't think that I should have to flash a receipt at them. That's just bullshit. The clerk saw me purchase the item. Is that not good enough for them now?

I competely understand the anger and I'm sorry this had to happen but the "under cover" security guard may thought you were refusing to obey, that could be the reason why he grabbed you in the arm...:dunno:

I will mention to Wal-mart that their security guards should have uniforms. Also, I don't appreciate being treated like a criminal when I paid for my item fair and square.

I will mention to Wal-mart that their security guards should have uniforms. Also, I don't appreciate being treated like a criminal when I paid for my item fair and square.

I understand and I hope everything will work out for you.

Where is the slap on the forehead smilies.

Dude they are under cover!! They watch you as you shop that way they will catch you red handed when you are stealing.

Also about you shouldn't have to show a reciept, that's BS also.

You look at the traffic of walmart, not everybody got to go through a checkout line. They could just walk out without paying and get away with it if it wasn't for the security they have.

Think about this from Walmart's point of view!!

I think what they do is sneaky and underhanded and I refuse to see it from their point of view.

I dunno but I may go back just to see if they even remember the incident and hell, I'll take an apology.

Though I still don't think that I should have to flash a receipt at them. That's just bullshit. The clerk saw me purchase the item. Is that not good enough for them now?

is this your first time at walmart or something? Pretty much a handful of big stores like Target, Home Depot, etc. have been doing it for a long while. It's still a BS to me anyway even though there was a security guard right there LOOKING at me paying for it. :mad2:

this reminds me. today I got out of Target store and I was driving away.... I saw a cheap rent-a-guard Target security walking past me. Yes you can say that the thought crossed me once that I wanted to run over him..... even though it's not his fault for enforcing this bs policy. :mad2:

is this your first time at walmart or something? Pretty much a handful of big stores like Target, Home Depot, etc. have been doing it for a long while. It's still a BS to me anyway even though there was a security guard right there LOOKING at me paying for it. :mad2:

First time I've ever experienced this.

I've never had this problem with Wal-Mart or any other store.

First time I've ever experienced this.

I've never had this problem with Wal-Mart or any other store.

I mean... was this your first time having to present your receipt?

I think what they do is sneaky and underhanded and I refuse to see it from their point of view.

Fine then, let's just open the door and let everyone take everything without paying for it.

That seems to be perfectly logical to you!

Look on the bright side...... at least you didn't have to strip your clothes in front of 2 NYC police officers.

The Walmart near RIT has someone at the door to look at your receipt. What about going to a local Vermont store to support the state instead of Walmart? :D

Well, who was this person that cornered you? Is he a Wal-Mart employee? I don't think you corner people even if they are thiefs. You let police handle that. You should go back to Wal-Mart to educate that person if he was an employee.

Wal-Mart's weird. I don't even know of such thing to have to look at your receipt nor do I know of a sign about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back