Aspen's Gay Ski Week

cjester27

Reaction score
From the Aspen Times online:
Party time: It's Gay Ski Week
By Aspen Times writer
January 15, 2005

Watch for rainbow flags to start popping up around town this week, accompanied by a mass infusion of people who like to party.

The 28th annual Aspen Gay and Lesbian Ski Week is expected to draw a few thousand visitors to town for the customary fun on and off the slopes. The event features daily gatherings on the mountains, après-ski and dinner get-togethers, late-night dance parties, several all-out bashes, a film festival and more.

The action kicks off Sunday; the day's activities include an opening reception at the Hotel Jerome at 7 p.m.

While most of the week's gatherings are primarily of interest to Gay Ski Week participants, one event in particular is a crowd pleaser with broad appeal - the Downhill Costume Competition. Contestants in crazy getups (or, possibly, wearing very little) will be sliding down the lower slopes of Little Nell at the base of Aspen Mountain and vying for prizes on Friday from 1 to 3 p.m.

Comedy Night is Jan. 20 at the Wheeler Opera House, and the film series will run Jan. 17-20 at the opera house.

Gay and Lesbian Ski Week is produced by the Aspen Gay and Lesbian Community Fund. For a full schedule of the week's activities, visit www.gayskiweek.com. ÐJanet Urquhart

:thumb: thats great! wish i could go even tho i DONT know how to ski :rofl: looks to be FUN even tho i generally hate winters LOL

thanks for posting this cjester!!

That sounds nice but afraid I cannot go, If I go there aren't no gay men are going to cuddle with me. :(

honey gay men WILL hug u no matter what they think ur a sweetie :)

And damn it and im in paradise dang! i wanna go blech........... maybe for the 30th annual bash! :)

I am good ski... but too far for me, cuz i work everyday sad.... but My big brother with his wife and family did went to Famous Killington, Vermont and Aspen,too. many time there. he is rich now. RME

I would go but I have work and college. Otherwise I dont know how to ski anyways. I have other plans also! SORRY! :) I rather my plans instead that skiing. Not crazy about skiing only sledding or other things. :) I dont want to freeze my precious butt--- :cold:

I only live 3-4 hours away from Aspen all the way from Denver... too bad I have to work all week and Colorado is hosting a 1st annual ski signing day on Jan 29 at Keystone, Co and I'm planning to attend and snowboard!

I miss ski since NTID. ::::::::::::sigh::::::::::::; oh well I have to start all over beginner. God! I hate that beginner ski. i am soo good ski. oh well that is life....

:| i missed go aspen.... it is so beauitful there.. i wish i can go but i am stuck in NITD

javapride said:
honey gay men WILL hug u no matter what they think ur a sweetie :)

I've already am hugged by my friend's ex gay partner... getting hugs from gay people won't hurt you. I don't care if that person is asian, black, straight, GLBT, anything can hug me..

Back