ASL Interpreter? Not so much.

padmemocha

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Andrea, and I am hearing. I live in the Columbus area in Ohio.

I love to scrapbook, letterboxing, going out with friends, dancing, and playing any game on the planet.

I recently graduated with a degree in Deaf Studies and Interpreting and am certified to interpret for what the State of Ohio calls the "hearing impaired." (Sorry if anyone is offended by that term. That seriously is what the SoO calls it.)

After a few internships, I realized that even though I was a certified interpreter, I struggled a lot with the reverse interpreting (sign to voice) especially when a Deaf person was signing.

So for now, I am trying to find more Deaf friends and opportunities to talk to Deaf people so that I might be able to practice more and become a better signer and interpreter before I qualify myself to be anyone's voice.

If there's anyone out there (hearing or deaf) that wants to go out for a voice-off outing, let me know!

:welcome: to AllDeaf. I hope ya will enjoy reading and posting. :)

Welcome to our Asylum.. make urself home.. post up anything u want to talk about.. we're open arms (smiling)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Hi and :welcome: to AD! Hope you will learns lots from us here on this informative site. Enjoy! :)

Hi Andrea, .... i hope, Terpprm would help you. I wish I could help you, too. But, I lived in USA not for a long ago. that is why, I don't know much about Interpreter each in state.
Good Luck!
Welcome to AD!

Back