As a child what did you used to love doing?

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
As a child I used to love playing hide and seek with my brother and sister and also our friend whom lived nearby. my friends from school lived too far away.

i used to love making perfume with flowers and going on a hunt for the most randomest things with my cousins at my grandmother's. we used to make a checklist of things we may find. e.g feather, leaf, pebble, conker, etc etc

Reading. Training my dogs. We had two Boston terriers when I was small. Later on a CockaPoo was added. I have lots of good memories of working with the dogs.

Yeah, it still shocks me now but as a kid I loved reading.

Enid Blyton Books was my total fave!!

Reading. Training my dogs. We had two Boston terriers when I was small. Later on a CockaPoo was added. I have lots of good memories of working with the dogs.

Awww! BTs like me too!! BTs have been in our family for generations. This is our third BT Daisy.

3221_101609660419_733365419_3049360_7991677_n.jpg

As a child. I loved the fact that I did not have to worry so much. Being carefree.

Mostly get in trouble! LOL!

Riding on bike, go parks, go on trips (short day trip to lake etc), roller skating, play with neighbor friends, sleep overs....not sure what else I did. Good memory!

AWWWWWW! I would love to have BT one day but I don't think we will get more dogs after our go to Doggie Heaven. Less headache especially on the road trip. It's pain in ass if have to find a dog sitter or kennel. UGH!

I used to play with dolls, make mudpies , roller skate and be outdoors a lot.

Reading has been my passion since I first learned how. I would spend summer days sitting beneath our weeping willow tree (it was my reading cave!) reading everything I could get my hands on. My other favorite activity was working in the gardens with my dad.

Reading has been my passion since I first learned how. I would spend summer days sitting beneath our weeping willow tree (it was my reading cave!) reading everything I could get my hands on. My other favorite activity was working in the gardens with my dad.

Reading was a another passion of mine in my teen years.

My biggest thing was going on family outings. Swimming trips camping or just simply having a good time with my family.

Little things like that. To me has so much more meanings to me.

Those are the things I remember the most.

as a child while me i used to walking with my grandmother who is no longer here on earth and my god bless her and her soul.

As a child, I used to love to play "Army" with my siblings and cousins in the backwoods of N.C. ....That was until I ran smack into a Hornet's nest, and we all were running and screaming for a mile to get back home. Bites all over us.

Also, used to love to sit under the huge oak tree in the front yard, with my dollies all spread out, having tea or whatever.

As I became older, I loved to read and write songs. Loved to sing too. Grandma on the fiddle, Dad on the guitar and mouth harp, Gramps on the banjo. My sisters and I would make up "plays" for entertainment, as back then, we had no electricity!

Enjoyed the 5-mile walk to my Aunt Delia's house, for some of her home-made banana pudding with my grandma too....We had no vehicle, just a horse and buggy back then. But only used the horse and buggy for trips into "town" which was 20 miles out.

The things that I love doing the most were camping, playing outdoors in the forests of Northern AZ, going to the beach in CA, reading, drawing/coloring, riding my bike, rollerskating, playing softball, swimming, and getting old cardboard boxes to build hiding places.

Being spoiled by grandmère :D (oh yeah, I've been a spoiled little brat as a kid) :giggle:

But I also loved reading (which I still do today), loved the freedom I had as a kid not to worry about anything! That was fun!

I used to creature imagery creatures and shared with some creative stories with some friends and best friends. I tend to go outside to play in forests; climbing trees, played at tree house, capturing some small animals and bugs, and etc etc. :)

During my middle school time period, I always played with a few good friends as fictional characters who were from sailor moon series, movies, reality, Disney series, and etc etc at my old bus driver's vehicle. :P

in the winter it was reading and playing board games in the summers it was swimming in our own swimming pool and making things with our hands with whatever we could get our hands on.

I loved Riding bikes with my friends, also playing barbie dolls with my girlfriends. I also loved reading books and I still love reading books! :)

Growing up we would play haunted house at my grandparents old house. We would booby trap everything, hide and when they got close we would jump out and scream. I recall taking my grandfathers box of King Edward Poker Chips and cracking the door open just enough to hold the box, we would hide in the truck shaped toy box and under the bed, and we would place big heavy objects right where one would walk based on the arrangement of the room, we would also take the bedsheets and string them in between the bed and the dresser and when they would try to run into the backroom to 'win' (they had to go through this room to get to the back room to say they went through the haunted house), they would be stopped by this bed sheet that would catapault them to the ground as soon as they ran into it. Oh lord looking back into that its a wonder we didn't kill each other with all those booby-traps.

I also enjoyed playing in my grandparents barn. We would swing on ropes hanging from the beams, and we would also tell ghost stories in there to each other.

Lordy I wish we could go back to that.

Back