As a child.. have you been treated badly from a teacher?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
For me, I remember when I was in 2nd to 3rd grade, we had special needs class and this teacher named Mrs. Banker had treated me and other deaf students like we are retards. She would push us in the chair to the corner if we didn't listen. And we are retired to take an hour of nap. Also if we didn't understand something or press hard on the paper, she would slam our heads on the desk many times until it was either a bump on the head or a bruise. She just didn't care! She would scream at us and use verbal abuse on us too. And one time she pulled the twins' hair all the way to the prinical's office. We was too scared to tell our parents until we had ENOUGH.. so the deaf students and I went home after school one afternoon and decided to tell our parents the truth about the teacher and what she had done to us. Our parents was so pissed off and called the school board! And they set up a meeting and face to face with Mrs. Banker.. she denied all of it. And to top all of it, she was fired from the job and we had a much better nicer teacher!!!

What about you guys?

one of my teacher at old school in SLP... she's a b*tch.. i'm sure racheleggert knows who i'm talking about. maybe pinkster too.... she always yells at no reason even in mainstream class it embarrased me like i'm 3 years old :pissed:

I never likes ONE FRIGG'N TEACHER, *ahem* He loves beat me up and make me hell dirty looks! *geez*, (sigh) When I was fall sleep on the desk *BOOM* he kicked my desk.. That damn hurts my head.. *fuk* and made reported to office about my frigg'n teacher. Pripincal can't do anything which it's allows.. Wtf? I decide to made a call to my parent about frigg'n teacher has done to me hell lotsa. Whoa.. within an hour later, my parent came to my school and walk into my classroom. My parent really angrily and fumed speak it out to frigg'n teacher and went to the office and speak it out again too. I walked calmly and smiled at frigg'n teacher.. U see, you're not supposed beat me up hell lotsa then *stick my tongue out*. My parent made report to the police againist to teacher. But strange ever I seen my mother really stood me up but other personaliites my parent are really abused/slave me. I wish I could call police too.. *sigh* Oh well..

Also my children' school seems okay but sometimes picky on my little son. I do sometimes walk into the school and stood up for my little son which he is complain about you.. Teacher kind of embrassement and willing discuss w/me.. finally the solve problem. I'll keep eye on you no matter what anytime I'll stop by at the school for surprise mat!

oh yea i was 7 grade at public school, i took math class.... my teacher explained us abt math after that, we do work on math, then i talked my friend next to me, we chatted, my teacher say stop talk and need wokrk on math... abt 10 min later, we chatted again, then teacher got math book and hitted my left arm and got hurted bad, i cried... my friends saw it and say nutthin.. i wont talk teacher til i got on bus.. i cried lot.... then i saw on my left arm and saw big brusied alike golf ball size.. then i went home, hurry walked to my room.. my mom puzzled, she came in my room, she asked me are u ok? i say yea i am ok.. she puzzled... she asked me how was skool? i say fine.. she say ok.. she left.. i do homework, my mom came and touched my left arm and i screamed OW! she puzzled why are u screamed? i say nutthin... she say someone hurt u? i started cried cried, yea.. mom say let me see, i opened it and she :shock: and asked me who did?? i scared.. she say hey sweet dont be scare, i am here with u.. i say my teacher.. she BLEW UP!!!!!!!!!!! and got very angry! i cried... she say u are not going skool tmw!!!!! i am going call office and tell them whats going on!!!! she got pissed off big time...
then i stayed home for skool.. mom took the pic of my arm and proof... so she wont let me go skool for one week til teacher needed fired or out of school.. so we went meeting with them and my friends's parents too who in my classmates.. so my friend told them that she saw whole... then we sat in lobby and waited for parents and staff meeting done.. then i saw my mom and friends's parents got pissed off.. i puzzled.. then my mom told me they dont do anything with that!!! i was what!!!! not fair! i cried and scared back school.. so my mom decided ask them to send homework to me and i do homework at home cuz of one month left finish skool so i passed it.. not go skool.. so i told mom why not i go and join deaf skool so i did joined deaf skool.. i felt better much!!!!

Most of my school experience was a nightmare. I didn't have just come across one teacher, but many who treated me poorly. Thankfully, I blocked out most of it, and don't remember specifics. But, suffice it to say, school sucked.

There were some teachers within the mainstreamed school system that were not very nice to me, nor to the interpreter I had for a short time. One of them had objections to the interpreter not standing up to recite the Pledge of Allegiance... *dunno* That really didn't have much to do with me. There was one teacher who wouldn't really speak directly to me - instead, he would ask the interpreter to "tell me" whatever it was that he wanted to ask me. The interpreter got him though, and said, "why don't you ask her?"

Most of the problems I had during school years were caused by peers, though.

I spent my entire 3rd grade year locked in a book closet, with an occasional visit from the teacher to beat me with a wooden paddle.

when iw as in preschool. we had this mean teacher, Mrs. Barbour. sometimes she would send 3 or 5 student to corner at 1 time when we werent pay attention. when we get snack, i was very picky on food, she would shove it in my mouth and cried. she would just yanked one of us to send to the hall or time out chiar, so i get even with her, it was one halloween and i was a cat and sitting on my moms lap as the party started, i told mom she was mean teacher, mom said no, as everyone was leavingt home, as Mrs. Barbour said good bye and told me top give her hug and i got up and slapped her. boy the teacher was :shock:

I was treated harshly by my teachers when in a school for the deaf. (oral education)They wouldn't let me use gestures to communciate. They would lock me up in a dark office to teach me a lesson of not to use my hands period.

When I started mainstreaming, I had no problem with teachers. They were kind and patient with me.

I ll never forget these teachers for the deaf - they were the worst!

Im hearing, but I have had some pretty bad teachers. When I was in 2nd grade in San Diego, I had a mean bitch teacher who always screamed at everybody. And when they teach you to write in elementary school on that paper with the big dotted lines, she would rip my paper and make me do it again because I didnt write neat. She would do this alot. I got sooo mad in her class, that when I went home I told my parents she screams at everybody. My parents didnt believe me, but then one day my mom went with my class on a fieldtrip, and saw how much she really screams. So then my mom confronted the stupid teacher, and my mom screamed back at her. :lol: :D

Teg

At 6th grade I had a teacher who threw a basketball at my face and she knew I had braces on. Had lots of cuts in my mouth. She did it because I wasn't paying attention to her. Later I learned that I wasn't the only victim. I'm glad that the principle of the school fired that mother :madfawk: er.

When I was going to deaf school there was this math teacher and I was the only girl along with two boys in that class. He always try to make me look him in the eye I never looked him in the eye he always say "jessica you have to look at me, you need to pay attention to my lips" man it was driving me mad!!!! So one day I was in a really bad mood I screamed " fuck you fucking bitch leave me alone I don't even have to look at your ugly motherfucking face" and he went silent never buged me again. There this other teacher career class a deaf school too. She was trying to get my attention and she just said I was wrong and that I am never right and that I am a bad girl I just banged the table with my hand and throw the chair across the room and screamed fuck you to her and left the room. I hatedd going to deaf school the staffs always have problems with me. I always cause problem but at the time I was a very very angry person and was very very depressed!!! So now I am a lot better I know how to control my temper better but they just plicking at my last nerve. I even had problems with the principal I scared the hell out of everybody at that school!!!! ( sorry for my language excuse my french)

I never had troubles in my childhood!

they later in my senior years i got in troubles for i have sex with my classmates but i got out of school suspenison at my old school but thanks lots to my friends but my friends really big faults! and my mom phone to my grandmother makes me really embrassment! they i cant go anywhere till my mom done her work i hates that! they thanksness godness im going back to KSD but im going learn my lesson for that!

Sara Boyce

Meg said:
So they felt sorry for your stupidity and gave you special attention due to pity or what???

Yeah one time I pretended to be Clint Eastwood,,,,
and I threatened my teacher, "Go ahead and make my day."

She laughed. :laugh2:

I experienced something similar, but it was an ironic thing. I went into special education to learn more about the IEP process and deaf rights in the school district(for my kid) and did an intern ship in his preschool. The preschool teacher was cruel, I mean CRUEL to the deaf kids. Put them in time outs for no reason, threw them around by thier arms. Made fun of them(they obviously couldnt hear), and had a deaf teachers aide, whom she would talk about with other teachers, right infront of her face, because the girl couldnt hear them.

It angered me to the point that I pulled my son out of the class and reported her to the school district. She still practices but is on survaillence. I still send out flyers to new parents about her treatment of students, to be cautious. Im hoping she will retire soon, shes old and worn out. :mad:

Wow! I was not aware this many of you experienced abuse in your own schools. I suffered physical abuse also. My parents who adopted me were not aware I was hard-of-hearing. I attended first grade in public school. One day my teacher suddenly took me out of the class room by force and pulled me into another room, (I think it was the supply room) and spanked me. I did not know what that was all about at the time. I was back in class and on another day, she repeated the second time pulling me into that room and spanked me harder and a bit longer and spoke to me with a raised voice and scowling look on her face. I did not know what that was about either. Then later, the 3rd time came around and believe it or not... in that room, I call it the "torture room" or more like "terror room". With her voice raised and yelling and showing that scowling look on her face, her hands were flying, striking me any which way she threw blows on my body. She really was on a roll! It was just unbelieveable and scary that I was screaming and crying telling her to stop! While she kept on going, I hollered, "Stop! Stop! Stop!"
But she was like an unstoppable machine on a roll. Her hands were fast and the blows were hard! They were not fists, just open hands and I thought I was going to die as she kept on striking me with blows from her hands. The only thing that stopped her from striking me anymore was EXHAUSTION! That is when she stopped. I was crying really hard! My face was reddened and swollen from so much hard crying. I truly feared her big time! I still did not know what that was all about either. Time passed and class had been pretty good, then while sitting with a few of my classmates in a semi-circle in front of that teacher, she had that look at me like she was very angry. I learned later in life as a teenager that the reason the teacher gave me beatings 3 times was only because I could not hear my teacher call my name... and there was going to be a fourth beating, but one of my classmates, Linda Norton spoke up for me, "But Mrs. A_ _ _ _ _, maybe Ricky can't hear you!" (God bless Linda!) That is when it (realization) hit the teacher. After school was out that afternoon that day of realization, the teacher took the initiative to inform my parents that I may be hard-of-hearing and that I should have my hearing tested. That is when my mom found out that the teacher gave me such terrible beatings. Mom really blew up! She sure had a fit about it! I wore hearing aids since then. Years later from the day of realization, my parents had their 50th wedding anniversary at my sister's home. A pretty good crowd came for the celebration and Lo And Behold!... in came the teacher who was violent to me! My mom became very angry, but kept her cool. I don't know what my dad thought of that, but I thought nothing of it. I know that in my mom's mind, that teacher was not invited at all, period! Sometime later, I was married and had 2 kids going to school. One day, my wife and 2 kids were at my sister's home and I learned that the teacher's home was only 3 blocks away. I decided to pay her a visit. My wife did not want to go, but my kids went with me. At the teacher's home, my kids and I were welcomed. While we chatted, the teacher said with emotional feelings overwhelming her and she said it sweetly with all sincerity in her heart, "Oh, Ricky! I am soooo sorry for what I did to you!" My kids were shocked and looked at me and I just sat there smiling, "It's okay." Before I left with the kids, we hugged each other. I forgave her! Years later, I attended her funeral service to pay my respects. There were others besides her relatives that attended the funeral, but I noticed that I was the only student (formerly 1st grade) to attend her funeral. Yes, I forgave her and it truly is a good feeling!
I'm not asking you forgive your former abusers, but it truly is a good feeling. My mom told me she has never forgiven that teacher for many years, but I replied, please forgive her and besides that, I'm okay! She became quiet and seemed to be at peace with that also. My parents have passed away during the 1980's with peace in their hearts. Telling this true story has put tears in my eyes. May peace be with all of you this day and always. Love and hugs!
Let's all hug each other! hugs! hugs! hugs! :grouphug:

Last edited:
Back