artist turns beloved dead cat into helicopter

Maybe one day there will be a new law that prohibits it (especially cats and dogs). Who knows?

Some people choose a vegan lifestyle out of the belief that all sentient life is precious. Some people won't kill insects. Others eat pigs/cows/chicken/fish/etc but their pets are very dear to them, like family members. (Well, it depends on the family. For some, that would be a demotion. But anyway.) For this last group of people, it seems as though the value of the life of the animal is not about the animal itself (because then why is a chicken or a pig less precious than a cat?) but about the feelings the person has for the animal. And if it's the person's feelings that determine whether it's ok to kill an animal or not, surely what happens to the body (much less significant than the decision about life or death itself) would also be a personal matter.

To be honest, the sight of it freaked me out too. But it wasn't my cat, so I don't think that how I feel about it is important. Any rights I have to speak about it, since I have no attachment to that cat, would have to be about animals in general. And I'd be more likely to spend my concern on animals we kill than a weird project someone did with a dead body.

Exactly.

Some people offer a prayer and gratitde to an animal that was killed for food like some of the native American indians did when they hunted for food.

But what people do for their beloved but deceased pet is entirely a personal matter.

Back