ARGH! Our website has been hacked! But that's not bad news at all!

Nesmuth

Reaction score
Our backbone site Deafadvocacy.com has been hacked.

Our primary host company Surfcity Networks og Huntington Beach, California has been hacked by a deaf German hacker. The owners are even locked out from fixing it. The owners has advised us theyre getting out of the hosting business.

I'm milking this for all it's worth and we have a new site in the making at a Silicon Valley based host and it will be up by this week's end. And this very sad incident will jumpstart our plans to develop an online social service agency that will eventually replace social service centers worldwide and save taxpayers billions of dollars annually in the long run.

Richard
Http://www.deafadvocacy.org

That wasn't right. I do not like to hear about another Deaf person doing something bad to another Deaf person. That was not cool, especially with a Deaf website meant to help and possibly save Deaf people's lives and help Deaf people turn their lives around for the better. I hope and pray your new website will be much more stronger and more immune to hackers. God Bless.....

Last edited:
eh sorry to hear this happened, however, u should go with a base that is well known and is very high on security.. then this wouldn't be happening.

I'm Sorry to hear this...
I still do NOT understand WHY
would any Deaf hacker
cause disruptive problems
against another Deafies

Sigh...

Congratulations! That will do.

Shame on that deaf hacker hacking on a deaf-related website!

Black hats are vicious individuals. Generally, it doesn't matter to them whether they're compromising one site or another so long as they can get in and don't get caught. If they pick up any sensitive information or are able to disable or destroy the target, then they consider it a success.

Definitions:
Black hat - A hacker who uses his/her knowledge to compromise systems for the purpose of doing actual damage or obtaining sensitive information. Black hats, if caught, usually wind up in jail.

Grey hat - A hacker who uses his/her knowledge to compromise systems for the sheer enjoyment of doing so. Typically does not do any actual damage. Many also notify the administrators of the compromised system of the vulnerability so it can be fixed. Grey hats are rarely arrested since most administrators would not inform their employers about a grey hat breaking in and thus the employer does not press charges.

White hat - A hacker who uses his/her knowledge to secure systems from black and grey hats. Typically white hats that work in the computer field are system administrators or security professionals.

Aww man!

The buzzards of stress has caused me to be in a typo mood!

Its Deafadvocacy.com and Deafadvocacy.org

I been busy dealing with this hacker and add putting together our bowlathon and add planning our marketing materials for the business networking event.

Thanks Vampy.

Richard

Deafbase probably got hit. Theyre stating hard drive failure, but I suspect they got hit too. Who's next?

Richard

Back