Aren't we wasting time with HAs...

No I asked AREN'T we wasting.

AREN'T.

as in are we or are we not ???????

Fuzzy

No, some of us personally dont feel like we are wasting time with HAs and others feel they are so what was your point? If we are gonna start another tirade of misunderstandings due to English problems, I will scream. Ok?

No, some of us personally dont feel like we are wasting time with HAs and others feel they are so what was your point? If we are gonna start another tirade of misunderstandings due to English problems, I will scream. Ok?

Me too, You wouldn't have to scream alone, I'll scream with you.

And I also agree from what you said about some of us feel that we aren't wasting any time with hearing aids, I rather to wear hearing aids then having a professorial cut my head open, no thanks. I don't feel it is require to hear more than what we are hearing now with hearing aids, if others want to hear more that's their choice doesn't mean we all must follow. I aren't no ass kisser are you? Shel? :giggle:

Me too, You wouldn't have to scream alone, I'll scream with you.

And I also agree from what you said about some of us feel that we aren't wasting any time with hearing aids, I rather to wear hearing aids then having a professorial cut my head open, no thanks. I don't feel it is require to hear more than what we are hearing now with hearing aids, if others want to hear more that's their choice doesn't mean we all must follow. I aren't no ass kisser are you? Shel? :giggle:

Exactly. The question "Aren't we wasting our time...." implies the collective, as in we as all deaf people. Obviously, all deaf people do no feel that they are wasting their time with HAs, so the very simple and obvious answer to the question fuzzy posed is "No."

Exactly. The question "Aren't we wasting our time...." implies the collective, as in we as all deaf people. Obviously, all deaf people do no feel that they are wasting their time with HAs, so the very simple and obvious answer to the question fuzzy posed is "No."

However Fuzzy is saying that it is not related to the topic so I am :confused:

Fuzzy's comment

I agree this is very personal decision - but it's not related to my topic at all.

and then this:

AREN'T.

CIs have given me something HA could never give me, the self confident and enjoyment of life. I can enjoy a restaurant out with my husband, squeaky shoes, the songs my daughter sings(American Idol will not be calling her), music, doing my job, and talking on the phone. I glad others get benefit from HA, my hearing progessed to a point I could not.

HA are wonderful, not everyone should get a CI, but for myself(I will not speak for other) the choice took years to make. I wanted to hear. I enjoy hearing. I enjoy speaking and I enjoy teaching special ed in a regular education setting.

Fuzzy's comment

I agree this is very personal decision - but it's not related to my topic at all.

and then this:

AREN'T.

You've got it....and the answer is still the same. We are not.

Excuse me - you said something that wasn't true - why should I leave such important mistake not corrected?

as I've said- I didn't wrote "we are wasting time" - I wrote AREN'T we wasting time and that difference is VERY important to me. You can simply and calmly reply "yes" or "no".

What I wrote and what you wrote is a big difference, and I am taking an offence to your belittling me that way. I simply posted this question to start interesting discussion, and learn what pple think about this, without any ill will.

Perhaps you should examine your own attitude.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy's comment

and then this:

AREN'T.

What does personal decision has to do with the fact that we may or may not be wasting time considering CI?

Fuzzy

Excuse me - you said something that wasn't true - why should I leave such important mistake not corrected?

as I've said- I didn't wrote "we are wasting time" - I wrote AREN'T we wasting time and that difference is VERY important to me. You can simply and calmly reply "yes" or "no".

What I wrote and what you wrote is a big difference, and I am taking an offence to your belittling me that way. I simply posted this question to start interesting discussion, and learn what pple think about this, without any ill will.

Fuzzy

Does this mean we are in English class again?

That's fine with me.
It would be so much better though if in the course of debate the question was simply answered without all these unneccessary assinine comments, speculations, and personal attacks.

Fuzzy

What does personal decision has to do with the fact that we may or may not be wasting time considering CI?

Fuzzy

It's a personal decision about wasting time considering CI. My personal decision maybe CI is a waste of time. Or HA. But CI or HA is my personal decision - my hearing, my ears, my head, my life - none others. Others will waste time if they try to decide I am wasting my time or not. One answer is not right for all.

Enough for me. :ugh:

It's a personal decision about wasting time considering CI. My personal decision maybe CI is a waste of time. Or HA. But CI or HA is my personal decision - my hearing, my ears, my head, my life - none others. Others will waste time if they try to decide I am wasting my time or not. One answer is not right for all.

The idea behind this thread was to have a loose discussion about what is current GENERAL opinion on the CI, its efficacy, its difference as hearing aid comparing to regular HAs and hence what kind of hearing it can help to achieve, and why pple are not flocking to get implanted asap because of that.
The way anyone could have discuss, for example - "aren't we wasting time sitting on our butts before our computers discussing such stuff".

Some pple took it way too personal, so unneccessarily. lighten up pple and stop seeying evil in everything I write.

Fuzzy

The idea behind this thread was to have a loose discussion about what is current GENERAL opinion on the CI, its efficacy, its difference as hearing aid comparing to regular HAs and hence what kind of hearing it can help to achieve, and why pple are not flocking to get implanted asap because of that.
The way anyone could have discuss, for example - "aren't we wasting time sitting on our butts before our computers discussing such stuff".

Some pple took it way too personal, so unneccessarily. lighten up pple and stop seeying evil in everything I write.

Fuzzy

I think we throw in quips here and there about loose screws, too.

Fuzzy

Ok then who is "we" if that doesnt include me or others as deaf people? So who are we talking about then? My own attitudes comes from the confusion of u telling me that my responses are not related to the topic so yea, u bet, I am confused!

Ok then who is "we" if that doesnt include me or others as deaf people? So who are we talking about then? My own attitudes comes from the confusion of u telling me that my responses are not related to the topic so yea, u bet, I am confused!

Ummmm.........you're not the one that's confused.:giggle:

That's exactly how I see it too. :dunno:

Fuzzy

Why people are not flocking to get implanted is cuz they are happy with how they are and doing fine without CIs...not everyone is on the same boat..

Fuzzy, don´t try to twist us about the title of your thread. We know your frequent posts in several CI threads in past months. Your favorite word: "waste HA" Yes, you said this in several CI threads... that´s why I don´t post your thread here much.

Why people are not flocking to get implanted is cuz they are happy with how they are and doing fine without CIs...not everyone is on the same boat..

Yes, that´s right..

I am happy what I am like everyone what they are.

Back