Are you OUT ?

One more thing I forgot to tell you all, I know that finding a deaf guy that suits my wants are 99.99% impossible for me, so I just switched to hearing guys and hope that they'd at least be willing to learn some ASL. I can talk with my voice and sign at the same time (*gasp* simultaneous communication?! No! It's forbidden in the general deaf community! Pfft I don't follow that deafie's bullshit rule).

No! It's forbidden in the general deaf community! Pfft I don't follow that deafie's bullshit rule).

That's not true, deaf community and Deaf culture are two phrases. It's a forbidden from those who referred to as "big D Deaf". Big D Deaf communities believes in strongly ASL is only allows.

Interesting reading there folks. I'm a profoundly Deaf 31 year old man, I work in a hetro-orentinated enviroment, most of them are accepting of what I am, in fact I am quite close mates with some of the really "straight" blokes, however there are some who aren't so accepting, but I just ingore them and get on with my life and work - I'm happy with who and what I am.

I dont tend to hang out with Deaf gays because I find it too bitchy, gossipy and troublesome, I have a select few - that's about it, I prefer to hang out mostly with hearing gay mates.

I know it sound simply to another thread...

Are you full OUT ??

Are you halfway OUT ??

Are you hiding from everybody ??

I been with DreamDeaf then I am full OUT because the way we are. :D
What about you ??

I have the forum for GLBTdeaf... be yourself :)

yep! im out and lov'n it:wave:

I am out . . . in case those who meet me do not already know that I am! :lol:

(Your mother knows!)

I am out . . . in case those who meet me do not already know that I am! :lol:

(Your mother knows!)

Wow! Your picture reminds of a man in Provincetown, Mass. when I was on a vacation with my family. Now, I wonder. You must be so relief by now.

yes, I'm out 100%. But I don't announce it.. If they ask me if I'm a lesbian, I will say 'yes'.
supergay.gif

SAME here!!! I'm out....Mom n Dad know...Friends know but I dont walk aorund yelling it out to all who dont know me. But if ppl question im all honest n stuff

I am SLOWLY coming out. I think I'm about 40% out. Many of my college friends know that I'm not exactly a member of the Order of the Straight Arrow.
Some of my folkie friends know, (since I told them about Hannah) but my parents and siblings don't know. Just waiting to have a girlfriend before I come out to them. I think they might suspect that I'm not exactly straight.

I am OUT..I had a sexual experience with a woman back when I was single cuz I was curious. After that, I knew I at being with another woman again. I am OUT straight!!!! At least I got my curiousity statisfied and know where I stand.
That was only ONE woman! Heck.....I'm not attracted to all women just as you're not attracted to all males...lol.

I just came out to my sister today about my feelings and all that confusion abt Hannah!

hows it feel? get a lil off your chest :-P

mom n dad dont belive me bc i dont currently have a gf...which is ok with me...keeps them on edge about whats really going on at college :-P woops?!

Well I don't know her reaction since I wrote her a letter on facebook about it.....but it does feel good to have it be in the open. Maybe she can help me figure out about Hannah

:lol:IT DOES FEEL BETTER TO GET IT OUT...no longer hold that inside "how am i going to tell them" etc etc...now just be you....

I am out and have a Domestic Partnership with my wife. We actually share a house with my parents and brother

I told my gay uncle that I'm bi. It really does seem to feel so much BETTER to have it out in the open. when i was browsing in the gay books at the strand, i didn't feel like i was sneaking around.....and i got up the nerve to go to Christopher Street!

I'm jealous. I've never had the option of "having it out" as opposed to not having it out.

It's too obvious with me . . . and, I guess, it's a good thing as Martha would say.

It took me awhile to come to terms with being gay, but then again, it took me a very long time to come to terms with being deaf. Especially with the fact that I grew up in a very snobby suburb.

Back