Are you OUT ?

MorriganTait said:
I am OUT with my closest friends and my husband, but my mom has not figured out I am bi and it has never been important to tell her. I mean - I used to go to support group meetings at the Gay and Lesbian Center and she drove me there (knowing what it was) but she still doesn't get it? No one else asks, and it just doesn't seem important to make an issue of it. I am still somewhat acive in GLBT issues, and I have never denied what I am. Just no need for me to be OUT.

Just a question here, Morrigan... Could your Mom just NOT want to get it? It sorta sounds to me like she knows, but doesn't want to admit to herself that you're bisexual. Denial does weird things to people.

Oceanbreeze said:
Just a question here, Morrigan... Could your Mom just NOT want to get it?
Yes - it's entirely possible. I am not sure why. She's quite accepting of GLBT people, but for some reason, she and I just "don't go there".

I am totally out and loving it.

:cheers:
I am now totally out, i came out at work with a Brokeback Mountain shirt on.
I am out to my sister, and all my friends to. :whistle:
I am so far out i am never going back in. its nice being out.
:cheers:

I am pretty much fully out, my dad doesn't know. He couldn't handle it. It would cause major problems with the family if he knew and my family is more important than that. I think some of my cousins and aunts figured it out but i didn't tell them. all my friends know, everyone i work with knows. I don't anounce it but i don't hide it either. If some one asks i tell them.

I am pretty much out, but... in an environment where nobody really wants to know about it nor talk about it. Heh. At my ASL job, all of my coworkers and boss know about me and have met with me and my bf on dinners and parties. At my other job, some people know. For me, it is not really an issue to talk about it unless people bring it up. In other words, I don't flame about it.

I'm out! But in general I don't correct people when I mention "my partner" and they assume that she is a he. It isn't worth the drama since it usually happens in enclosed spaces.

My wife and i are FULLY out of closet as married transgendered deaf couple for 6 yrs but married for 22 years this march... but we don't announce to anyone in public "hey everyone we are transgendered" like that... NO WAY!!!!!!! Most of our neighborhoods does not know that we are transgendered yet.... except my wife's families accepted us but not my mom and my sister does not know yet!! Someday we will visit them ( my mom and sister) and surprise them who we are!! hee hee....

I am out to my friends and family except my neighbors since they are churchgoers. I never mention to them at all. I always respect them. I knew them since I was 3. My father found out I am lesbian, at first he wasn't happy until his lover Michael told him "look at u, u are gay. So why dont you let her to be happy?" My father gulped and accepted who I am since I accepted him.

I am STRAIGHT.. but most of my friends are gays or lesbians.. I always encourage them to be out and be happy for who they are.... be themselves...

I'm out to my co-workers and boss, all of my friends, my parent expect my brother..
:D :wiggle:

I am OUT..I had a sexual experience with a woman back when I was single cuz I was curious. After that, I knew I :barf: at being with another woman again. I am OUT straight!!!! At least I got my curiousity statisfied and know where I stand. :giggle:

I am OUT..I had a sexual experience with a woman back when I was single cuz I was curious. After that, I knew I :barf: at being with another woman again. I am OUT straight!!!! At least I got my curiousity statisfied and know where I stand. :giggle:

:rofl:

Sure I'm hidin' Somethin', I'm comin' Out now...Here I goes

The Dirtiest Skanky PePe LePew in the World (My Cute Joke):lol:

Oh I'm dirty Skanky PePe LePew, the world's dirtiest Skanky PePe LePew, I never taken a shower. I can't see my fur-it's so covered with dirt, and my ears have enough to grow flowers. But the water is either a little too hot, or else it's a little too cold. I'm musty and dusty and patchy and scratchy and mangy, smelly and covered with mold.

But the water is always a little too hot, or else it's a little too cold. I live in a pen with five hogs and a hen and three squizzly lizards who creep in my bed, and they itch as I squirm, and I twitch in the cruddy old straws that I sleep in. If you looked down my throat with a flashlight, you'd note that my inside are coated with rust. I creak when I walk and I squeak when I talk, and each time I sneeze I blow dust. The thought of a towel and some soap makes me howl, and when people have something to tell me they don't come and tell it-they stand back and yell it. I think they're afraid they might smell me. The bedbugs that leap on me sing me to sleep, and the garbage flies buzz me awake.

They're the best friends I've found and I fears they might drown so I never go too near a lake. Each evening at nine I sit down to dine with the termites who live in my chair, and I joke with the bats and have intimate chats with the cooties who crawl through my hair. I'd brighten my life if I just found a wife, But I fear that that never will be until I can find a wife, gentle and kind, with a beautiful face and a sensitive mind, who sparkles and twinkles and glistens and shine-and who's almost as dirty and skanky as me.

The End of the Dirtiest Skanky PePe LePew in the World! hee hee hee
:rofl: :rofl:

I know it sound simply to another thread...

Are you full OUT ??

Are you halfway OUT ??

Are you hiding from everybody ??

I been with DreamDeaf then I am full OUT because the way we are. :D
What about you ??

I have the forum for GLBTdeaf... be yourself :)

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of how "The Closet" can mean "in the closet", "out of the closet", or "halfway out of the closet". ;)

I am pretty much fully out, my dad doesn't know. He couldn't handle it. It would cause major problems with the family if he knew and my family is more important than that. I think some of my cousins and aunts figured it out but i didn't tell them. all my friends know, everyone i work with knows. I don't anounce it but i don't hide it either. If some one asks i tell them.

it's important for every person to be comfortable with themselves before they will OUT themselves to people or not. It varies. I came out to friends couple years ago then out to my mother either late 2005 or early 2006 then hell broke loose around spring time... Now I am in not talking term with my mother. Oh well everybody will move on in their lives...

i am total out to everyone i remeber first time i come out when i was 17 years old that my mom ask me if i am gay so i say yeah:cool:

I am totally out to my bosses and friends as transgendered. I am not ashamed of being transgendered. I first revealed myself as butch after completing GCE O and Certificate of Accounting.

Back