Votes: 4 11.4%
  • No, my hearing loss is very profound, I don't get much benefit

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, I never wear them for one reason or another

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not an official decision it was a personal decision made in her professional capacity in an informal meeting between me and her.

So...what is the official decision?

Up and walked away from possibly getting a free education and free hearing aids?

You might want to check that. The warranty usually is not dependent on payment schedules. Its a time limit contract. Worth checking into if it will get your HA fixed.

Are you a contract lawyer? Unless you are I don't think its a good idea to give me any suggestion that could be construed as legal advice.

She is right. Warranties are not dependent on payment schedules.

She is right. Warranties are not dependent on payment schedules.

Missing the scheduled payments violates the terms a contract. They do not have to honor a contract that has been violated. At least, that's my understanding. None of us are contract lawyers though, so we cannot say for certain either way.

Missing the scheduled payments violates the terms a contract. They do not have to honor a contract that has been violated. At least, that's my understanding. None of us are contract lawyers though, so we cannot say for certain either way.

Payment and warranties are two seperate avenues.

Dvr is not the end all solution to one's problems and I wish people on here would stop recommending them as if they are. DVR is welfare anyways and I'm not to keen on accepting welfare.

Payment and warranties are two seperate avenues.

NOT when they are a part of the same contract. They both fall under the terms of the contract. As I already stated though, none of us are contract lawyers.

I took contrant law. If it states in the contract specifically (for example) that any lost or stolen hearing aids will not be replaced, and any malfunctions or repairs to the hearing aids will not be made unless the the said hearing aids are paid in full (usually by a certain date) then said hearing aids will not be replaced or repaid until said hearing aids are paid in full or in part of by said date.

Jasin just re read your contract cuz if they slipped up on any wording than u can argue it and get your ha's repaired. I'm not a lawyer but I do know differences in a contract and how its supposed to be worded.

Are you a contract lawyer? Unless you are I don't think its a good idea to give me any suggestion that could be construed as legal advice.

It's not legal advise, dude. It's common sense and personal responsibility advise. Check your warranty.:roll:

I took contrant law. If it states in the contract specifically (for example) that any lost or stolen hearing aids will not be replaced, and any malfunctions or repairs to the hearing aids will not be made unless the the said hearing aids are paid in full (usually by a certain date) then said hearing aids will not be replaced or repaid until said hearing aids are paid in full or in part of by said date.

Jasin just re read your contract cuz if they slipped up on any wording than u can argue it and get your ha's repaired. I'm not a lawyer but I do know differences in a contract and how its supposed to be worded.

Exactly. Hence my suggestion to check the warranty.

As I previously stated, there wasn't one.

So in other words, this is not the fault of VR. Can't lay the blame at their feet for a decision that was never made.

Correct me if I am wrong here Byrdie, and AliciaM:

Here is an analogy:

If I purchase a car, and I fail to pay for it, the finance company can repossess the car. However, repossession does not invalidate the warranty. The warranty is still in effect for the item whether I have paid for it or not paid for it. Finance companies do not issue warranties. Manufacturers do.

If I am paying for a hearing aid through the dispenser, then the dispenser cannot invalidate a warranty supplied by a manufacturer.

You are correct but most offices do in office repairs if they can and I'm guessing that so maybe that's what stipulation jasin's audi office put in their contract. Even so I am sure for them to actually put in a contract that the warranty is null and void if the hearing aids are not paid then i believe that could be disputed and that statement by null and void as the one year warranty is provided my the manufacturer and any extended warranty is provided by the audi office. I think Jasin is being duped and that should have been questioned before signed but what can ya do...

You are correct but most offices do in office repairs if they can and I'm guessing that so maybe that's what stipulation jasin's audi office put in their contract. Even so I am sure for them to actually put in a contract that the warranty is null and void if the hearing aids are not paid then i believe that could be disputed and that statement by null and void as the one year warranty is provided my the manufacturer and any extended warranty is provided by the audi office. I think Jasin is being duped and that should have been questioned before signed but what can ya do...

I think he is duped also. I am sure they hold the client over a barrel and won't honor the warranty if not paid.

I wonder if there is a way he could deal with the manufacturer directly?

Ya, that's what i'd do..cuz they can check things on hearing aids as long as they are given a serial number. I have only paid about 700 of my hearing aids so far as im tight on cash and i still have gotten my hearing aid mic repaired for free as its part of my warranty....

Ya, that's what i'd do..cuz they can check things on hearing aids as long as they are given a serial number. I have only paid about 700 of my hearing aids so far as im tight on cash and i still have gotten my hearing aid mic repaired for free as its part of my warranty....

Your situation is different then mine.

Correct me if I am wrong here Byrdie, and AliciaM:

Here is an analogy:

If I purchase a car, and I fail to pay for it, the finance company can repossess the car. However, repossession does not invalidate the warranty. The warranty is still in effect for the item whether I have paid for it or not paid for it. Finance companies do not issue warranties. Manufacturers do.

If I am paying for a hearing aid through the dispenser, then the dispenser cannot invalidate a warranty supplied by a manufacturer.

You don't know what you are talking about. Please stop giving me advice that is not helpful or relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back