Are you guys sick of the USA?

Um... I have a hard time believing that the military won't cover her if she still need pain meds, because they have a tendency to give out too many drugs like candy. If she's turning to illegal drugs, it's not because of the pain but because the military gave her too many pain meds, and is thus addicted.

So got nothing to do with insurance or medical coverage, but rather the fact that they take care of their veterans "too well."

I'd be inclined to disagree. She's in tremendous pain. If she was taken care of too well, she probably will not be in as much pain.

I still don't see your point. Allow me to expand -

I do not use a videophone, and if I wanted to, I could buy one and use it anywhere that has high speed internet. Even Webcams work. However, I wouldn't be able to call places in other countries.

I don't watch movies.

Football - I'm a hardcore Broncos fan. I'm willing to give up the opportunity of going to the game. I can still watch streaming video over the internet though.

I feel Sweden has better Deaf awareness than we do in the states too. For these who is saying no, how many of you have been to other countries?
Just curious.

Finally we get to the root of your antipatriotism; you are a Broncos fan. :D

Just curious -
Do you get insurance when you visit the states?

I have a friend that spent overnight at a hospital due to an accident, and she was shocked at the bill... :eek3:

It depends on how long we are going down for. If it's over a week, then we do.

Um... I have a hard time believing that the military won't cover her if she still need pain meds, because they have a tendency to give out too many drugs like candy. If she's turning to illegal drugs, it's not because of the pain but because the military gave her too many pain meds, and is thus addicted.

So got nothing to do with insurance or medical coverage, but rather the fact that they take care of their veterans "too well."

I feel that a harsh and quickly formulated conclusion based upon the scarceness of data received about that person.

I'm a proud patriot of the USA....very patriotic. Get tears in my eyes when "God Bless America" is sung/signed. And my heart swells with pride when our military sings/plays their songs, especially the Air Force song and the Marines.

My Red, White and Blue flies proudly in my yard. I live in the land of the free and the home of the brave....my heart is in the good ol' USA.

If ur not a proud American, then get ur ass out! Simple as that.

I feel that a harsh and quickly formulated conclusion based upon the scarceness of data received about that person.

*rolls eyes*

It's not fun being an addict, especially if you don't know you became one thanks to over-prescribed medications. I may not be an addict now, never became one out of hard life issues, but I was addicted to painkillers once after an operation-- it sucks big-time. It got nothing to do with SSDI, or anything like that.

It gotta do with how she was cut off too soon without rehabbing her back to civilian life. It's not her fault, it's not SSDI's fault, it's the government's fault for expecting veterans to adjust to civilian life readily. They should had held her back a little while longer.

I'm a proud patriot of the USA....very patriotic. Get tears in my eyes when "God Bless America" is sung/signed. And my heart swells with pride when our military sings/plays their songs, especially the Air Force song and the Marines.

My Red, White and Blue flies proudly in my yard. I live in the land of the free and the home of the brave....my heart is in the good ol' USA.

If ur not a proud American, then get ur ass out! Simple as that.

Same here!

USA!
USA!

I love Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA." A song sung at the request of Ronald Reagan at the 1984 GOP RNC. Talk about getting goosebumps listening to him sing.

Young or old, either you hate America, or you love it and proud of America since day one (and not just after when a president is sworn in).

Personally I don't really care too much where I live. I'm more attracted to people than places so where I live is determined by where my loved ones reside. My wife resides in North Carolina so I'm here with her. If she was in Taiwan, I'd move to Taiwan. And if she was in Mozambique, I'd move to Mozambique.

As for answering the question, I don't feel patriotic towards any country. :shrug:

Naw, I am not sick of our country ( USA ). In fact, I love travelin' in USA that will never bore me. Each state have different scenery. I love sightseeings. That's somethin' I would cherish rather than focusin' on politic issues. It's why we have all the creation ( mountains, lakes, oceans, and everythin' where we can enjoy for fun and it is healthy for our mind and body ) out there. It's very refreshin' and it's not necessary for me to move out of the USA.

I believe other country have the same problems like you just said about our country here. I don't see any difference. We have one world and it is all together that share the same dust. ;)

I believe other country have the same problems like you just said about our country here.

I think that the problem about the media lies just within the USA. Canada has very good media coverage, and it is not biased. It is also very international. :)

The other problems mentioned, yes, you will pretty much find in every single country on Earth.

You know those fences along the Rio Grande? Those Border Patrols in very southern Arizona? They are not there to keep Americans from leaving. Just a thought. :2c:

I think that the problem about the media lies just within the USA. Canada has very good media coverage, and it is not biased. It is also very international. :)

The other problems mentioned, yes, you will pretty much find in every single country on Earth.

**noddin'** I believe so.

Although I'm not completely fond of our current state of affairs, I have to say we are the only country that can allow you to say just about anything about any high ranking official, including the President, and you don't have to worry about oppression. What makes America so interesting is the fact that it is so diverse. If you go to any other country in the world, your'e not going to find this much diversity and culture that is flourishing at the level that it is. There's good and bad, but America guarantees freedoms for all (unless you run afoul of the law by participating in illicit activities, then you can face prosecution and possibly incarceration).

Here in America we have a strong deaf culture, but we also have a strong Polish culture, strong Italian culture, Hispanic culture, Roman Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, pro-government, anti-government, Black Panthers, Neo-Nazis, Wildlife and Forest Preservation groups, Public schools, private schools, public hospitals, private hospitals, Native Americans, Europeans, Asians, South Americans, gays, straights, cowboys, ranches, suburbia, city, rural. It's all here. When you have such a large diversity, your'e going to run into problems, you can't please everyone, but the goal is to please the majority with consideration to the minority.

Yes Sweden has a good healthcare system that works for THEM, Britain has a healthcare system that works for THEM, but as a country we have to find what works for US. I can honestly say that with the current economy, the current healthcare system is not functioning the way it should. This is why we need to reform it in such a way that it can function properly during good economic times as well as bad economic times.

I personally would like to see the WPA to make a comeback to put the unemployed back to work reconstructing America and put money back in people's pockets. I want to see the SS system to not have a deficit and start functioning the way it was intended to. I personally believe if a person is able to work, then they should be working instead of collecting disability checks for small ailments that can be managed through medications and reasonable accommodations. If an employer doesn't hire you on the basis of disability then they are not someone you would want to work for anyway.

As for our troops, they get all of their medical paid for the rest of their life if they served actively and were deployed in a time of war. (IE- Iraqi war veterans), when they are medically discharged from the military, they receive all medical paid for in full by the government, the only 'gap' they have is if they incur more medical expenses than their insurance will allow (usually medications) where you have to pay out of pocket after a certain point and up to a certain amount before the government picks up the tab again. If your friend is in need of pain medications and they have been prescribed to her and she is unable to get them due to the cost, she should contact drug companies who may be able to help her with expenses.

Like mentioned before, there are good sides and bad sides to all health care systems in the world, no one governemt is 100% error proof.

...As for our troops, they get all of their medical paid for the rest of their life if they served actively and were deployed in a time of war. (IE- Iraqi war veterans), when they are medically discharged from the military, they receive all medical paid for in full by the government, the only 'gap' they have is if they incur more medical expenses than their insurance will allow (usually medications) where you have to pay out of pocket after a certain point and up to a certain amount before the government picks up the tab again. If your friend is in need of pain medications and they have been prescribed to her and she is unable to get them due to the cost, she should contact drug companies who may be able to help her with expenses....
If veterans fill their prescriptions at a military medical clinic, they are 100% free. If they fill them at a civilian pharmacy under basic Tricare they are very cheap. For example, a $139 prescription will cost $6. If they get them directly from the VA hospital, it costs a bit more due to deductible. That's why when I get my prescriptions from the VA hospital I request a hard copy (paper) prescription so I can take it to the base pharmacy and get it filled for free instead of paying for meds from the VA. Obviously, if a vet doesn't live near a military facility it's more convenient to have them mailed directly to the house.

Charges for VA hospital appointments, tests, procedures, and surgeries are charged on a scale that is based on the vet's income.

Finally we get to the root of your antipatriotism; you are a Broncos fan. :D
=D
It depends on how long we are going down for. If it's over a week, then we do.
cool, glad youre taking care of yourself.
*rolls eyes*

It's not fun being an addict, especially if you don't know you became one thanks to over-prescribed medications. I may not be an addict now, never became one out of hard life issues, but I was addicted to painkillers once after an operation-- it sucks big-time. It got nothing to do with SSDI, or anything like that.

It gotta do with how she was cut off too soon without rehabbing her back to civilian life. It's not her fault, it's not SSDI's fault, it's the government's fault for expecting veterans to adjust to civilian life readily. They should had held her back a little while longer.
Hold up on this for a second
Personally I don't really care too much where I live. I'm more attracted to people than places so where I live is determined by where my loved ones reside. My wife resides in North Carolina so I'm here with her. If she was in Taiwan, I'd move to Taiwan. And if she was in Mozambique, I'd move to Mozambique.

As for answering the question, I don't feel patriotic towards any country. :shrug:
I feel the same.

You know those fences along the Rio Grande? Those Border Patrols in very southern Arizona? They are not there to keep Americans from leaving. Just a thought. :2c:
Just curious, if I went and tried to "escape" the USA by going directly south, over these fences, and through the water.. will the patrols do anything about it?

If veterans fill their prescriptions at a military medical clinic, they are 100% free. If they fill them at a civilian pharmacy under basic Tricare they are very cheap. For example, a $139 prescription will cost $6. If they get them directly from the VA hospital, it costs a bit more due to deductible. That's why when I get my prescriptions from the VA hospital I request a hard copy (paper) prescription so I can take it to the base pharmacy and get it filled for free instead of paying for meds from the VA. Obviously, if a vet doesn't live near a military facility it's more convenient to have them mailed directly to the house.

Charges for VA hospital appointments, tests, procedures, and surgeries are charged on a scale that is based on the vet's income.

Souggy and Reba - I'll find out everything about this specific case - and present you guys with the facts. Just give me a day or two. I got to talk to some people and do a quick research. If I was misinformed, I'll say so. Although I am pretty sure I am not.

I'm very pleased in how you guys have been responding in this thread. Keep it civil guys.

Same here!

USA!
USA!

I love Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA." A song sung at the request of Ronald Reagan at the 1984 GOP RNC. Talk about getting goosebumps listening to him sing.

Young or old, either you hate America, or you love it and proud of America since day one (and not just after when a president is sworn in).

I'll say this: I think we all get the point. If you have nothing else to contribute - you know what to do. :) Otherwise you're starting to look like a broken record.

...Souggy and Reba - I'll find out everything about this specific case - and present you guys with the facts. Just give me a day or two. I got to talk to some people and do a quick research. If I was misinformed, I'll say so. Although I am pretty sure I am not. ....
I wouldn't say you are "wrong." There are many variables in each case. I gave a very general explanation. Also, not all vets even know all the options that are available. Sometimes one has to dig around a bit to get help.

I wouldn't say you are "wrong." There are many variables in each case. I gave a very general explanation. Also, not all vets even know all the options that are available. Sometimes one has to dig around a bit to get help.

Yeah. I think all of the vets should have gotten it handed to them on a silver platter. Make it as easy as just showing your military ID to the va hosp or base pharm, and you're covered instantly. No more bureaucracy you know?

But nooooo our government makes it complicated.
that is what my qualms are all about.

Just curious, if I went and tried to "escape" the USA by going directly south, over these fences, and through the water.. will the patrols do anything about it?
They might offer you a ride to a border checkpoint station. Dunno. No plans to go there. If I really hated it here, I would never vote. As I said, not too many barriers to prevent you from leaving. You read the stories of deaths in the desert; of 50 dead in a rail car, and think about what they were attempting to do. Picking fruit in California is not so great of a vacation destination that it would encourage people to risk life. Maybe they want to move here. Only ones I see leaving are the Roman Polanskis.

Back