Are you collecting anything?

JamieLynn

Reaction score
Last night I was so bored that I started cleaning one of my drawers. I fell upon a shoebox filled with postcards :giggle: I used to collect them for years.

They are mainly postcards friends sent me everytime they went on vacation. I still don't know why I decided to keep them :shrug: Now I'm wondering what I'll do with that stack of *crap* :laugh2:

I have to add though, that I have quite some plush Eeyore's and Tatty Teddy's :angel: As well as quite some ALIAS stuff and anything to cute piggies (but not a lot! Just a few things).

Anyway, is anybody else collecting anything?

Looking at my living room looks like I'm collecting dust and baby toys LOL but let me think...

I don't really have anything anymore that I collect-- except maybe Chili Pepper stuff for my kitchen, but even that's slacked off recently...

Adam has a collection of 'holiday' stuffies though, each holiday I buy him a little animal-- so he's got all of those...

Now I used to collect all sorts of things, dolls, stickers, Winnie The Pooh stuff... but not so much now...

LOL, I have that dust collection going on, too!:lol: And books....too many books!!

i used to be a huge collector (of various stuff) when I was young - comic books, toys, coins, etc. etc. Now I'm not a collector anymore because I'm always moving around and that causes me to shift into "bare minimum" type.

That's why my room is relatively spartan and I buy stuff that is very easy to pack up/move out with a very short notice. When I moved out of apartment in Virginia to go home in NJ - I was able to pack everything from my room into my hatchback car (excluding desk and bed) and then disappear within a few hours. :cool2:

Camels. Camel Beanie Babies, camel figurines, wood-carved camels, pewter...etc. I love them, as you can tell by my avatar.

I am the anti-Teddy Bear collector. :cool2:

For post cards,

You can create in a huge poster size and become an art. Hang it up in hallway or living room. I like to look at post cards...so neat to see all different places! :)

That's an idea! Something different!
Last night I was so bored that I started cleaning one of my drawers. I fell upon a shoebox filled with postcards :giggle: I used to collect them for years.

They are mainly postcards friends sent me everytime they went on vacation. I still don't know why I decided to keep them :shrug: Now I'm wondering what I'll do with that stack of *crap* :laugh2:

I have to add though, that I have quite some plush Eeyore's and Tatty Teddy's :angel: As well as quite some ALIAS stuff and anything to cute piggies (but not a lot! Just a few things).

Anyway, is anybody else collecting anything?

I used to collect beanie babies and dolphins but now stopped. I don't want them sitting and collecting the dust. I am looking for more sun/moon/star and hang up in my office. So that's tough to find though!

I don't remember what i collected, probably junkies. They were in the boxes for years years since i left from college. dont ask me how long was it! so Not really collecting my kid's t shirt. For example, we live in syracuse. i dont live here in syracuse long enough. but i notice lots of them who lives here for years and have highhhhhh spirit for syracuse. so my kids' t shirt in a dye color with syracuse. i will put them in the frame. The t shirt colors look so awesome that i can't throw or sell them at the garage sale. my kids' tshirts! so i decide to use the frame. they look cutie. they will be in the playroom.

I'm collecting new/old porcelain dolls. I have lots of dolls in my bedroom and some dolls are in the curio. :lol:

LOL, I have that dust collection going on, too!:lol: And books....too many books!!

Dust and books? Books yep... dust not summuch ;) I'm fighting the dust as you probably might know already!!!! :giggle:

For post cards,

You can create in a huge poster size and become an art. Hang it up in hallway or living room. I like to look at post cards...so neat to see all different places! :)

That's an idea! Something different!

I'm definitely not a person hanging that kind of stuff up on the wall. I'm more of an design girl. I have Miro and Klimt hanging up (of course not the real ones ;) - they are way out of my leage...)

Looking at my living room looks like I'm collecting dust and baby toys LOL but let me think...

I can see why you are collecing toys though :giggle:

When I was little I collected TONS of stuff... and every other month something new! I drove my dad crazy but he barely could ever resist my puppy dog eyes ;) Being an only child was pretty much cool to say the least... urgh... what the heck... I was a spoiled little brat till the age of 13 :D

Camels. Camel Beanie Babies, camel figurines, wood-carved camels, pewter...etc. I love them, as you can tell by my avatar.

I am the anti-Teddy Bear collector. :cool2:

camel? hhhmmmm you know some people say that its look is...... never mind :naughty:

I guess one could say I collect plants for the garden. I try to stay pretty minimal and zenned out so I don't have lotsa clutter, knick-nacky things. I do have lotsa books. I collect abit of first nations art and masks. And as far as being in the gutter, I do have a trunk full of 'stuff', mostly clothing/costumes, but only my man gets to see that 'stuff'.

Books.
Deaf history memoribilia.
Toy llamas.
Eyeglasses.
Maps.
Converse all star shoes.

It changes. I have a tendency to like to make collections.

I used to love to collect stuffed animals and beanie babies . I no longer do that ...but I still do love to collect books and read them .

Back