Are u rather to live in Hawaii?

Choose?

• Total voters
We are going to Hawaii this June for 2 weeks but I already know I would not want to live there; I would rather live in southeastern Alaska. Did you know that southeastern Alaska's winters are NOY as cold as the Upper Midwest where I come from? Anyway, that's my vote and I am sticking to it, lol.....

P.S. Oh, and Javapride told me she gets happier for each no vote cuz she doesn't want y'all landlubbers to spoil Hawaii!! :thumb:

How u feel if lottery will going forgive to all deaf people for win the $$$$$ if lose at first time?

I vote no... I've been to Oahu & Kauai - very beautiful, but I like to travel, especially to Europe. So it's better for me to stay in So. Cal, so I can travel cheap on airlines!

Tousi, yeah, I agree that Southeast Alaska isn't that cold like Midwest, but it's very WET! I used to live in Pacific Northwest (Oregon/Washington) - winters are always very wet and grey skies for weeks!

I used to live on Oahu Island. Of course there are alot of deaf ppls there at the time when I lived there. The reason I moved out of there due to my job transferred and other reason was that my former company and I were being sued for no reasons whom the idiot man sued for nothing all he did was being lazy to earn money not even doing his job and he nearly got fired by the governement of Hawaii.. Anyway, I sure miss living there but I am not quote about moving back to Hawaii but I have thought about moving to Kauai which its very beautiful Island...

PurrMeow

I voted "yes". I stayed in Oahu for almost a month two years ago. I totally fell in love with the whole place. If I had the $$ to live there, I would be in Paradise right now. :wiggle:

I would love to visit Hawaii with my family, but live there? I don't see myself living on an island with other part of United States so far from islands. I love plants and flowers so much, which is mostly why I wanted to visit Hawaii...also for its beach, atmosphere, scenery and native people who lived there for many generations. I have a deaf friend who lives in Oklahoma that is great, great (dont know how many greats) grandson of the last queen of Hawaii. If Hawaii still held its royality today, he would have been in the royality today. He was my prom date when I was in high school...smile

Blink182 said:
2004 World's most and least expensive cities
1 Tokyo, Japan
2 London, UK
3 Moscow, Russia
4 Osaka, Japan
5 Hong Kong
6 Geneva, Switzerland
7 Seoul, South Korea
8 Copenhagen, Denmark
9 Zürich, Switzerland
10 St. Petersburg, Russia
11 Beijing, China
12 New York City, USA
13 Milan, Italy
14 Dublin, Ireland
15 Oslo, Norway
16 Shanghai, China
17 Paris, France
18 Istanbul, Turkey
19 Vienna, Austria
20 Sydney, Australia
21 Rome, Italy
22 Stockholm, Sweden
23 Helsinki, Finland
24 Abidjan, Ivory Coast
25 Douala, Cameroon
26 Amsterdam, Netherlands
27 Los Angeles, USA
28 Berlin, Germany
29 Hanoi, Vietnam
30 Shenzhen, China
31 Taipei, Taiwan
32 Guangzhou, China
33 Tel Aviv, Israel
34 Budapest, Hungary
35 Chicago, USA
36 Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
37 Beirut, Lebanon
38 San Francisco, USA
39 Luxembourg
40 Düsseldorf, Germany
41 Glasgow, UK
42 Frankfurt, Germany
43 Munich, Germany
44 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
45 Jakarta, Indonesia
46 Singapore
47 Dakar, Senegal
48 Riga, Latvia
49 Prague, Czech Republic
50 Athens, Greece
51 Birmingham, UK
52 White Plains, USA
53 Brussels, Belgium
54 Kiev, Ukraine
55 Miami, USA
56 Barcelona, Spain
57 Honolulu, USA
58 Hamburg, Germany
59 Zagreb, Croatia
60 Algiers, Algeria
61 Madrid, Spain
62 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
63 Amman, Jordan
64 Kuwait City, Kuwait
65 San Juan, Puerto Rico
66 Casablanca, Morocco
67 Melbourne, Australia
68 Washington, USA
69 Lyon, France
70 Boston, USA
71 Lisbon, Portugal
72 Morristown, USA
73 Houston, USA
74 Almaty, Kazakhstan
75 Tallinn, Estonia
76 Warsaw, Poland
77 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
78 Manama, Bahrain
79 Sofia, Bulgaria
80 Auckland, New Zealand
81 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
82 Ljubljana, Slovenia
83 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
84 Mexico City, Mexico
85 Atlanta, USA
86 Wellington, New Zealand
87 Brisbane, Australia
88 Adelaide, Australia
89 Toronto, Canada
90 Seattle, USA
91 Vilnius, Lithuania
92 St. Louis, USA
93 Leipzig, Germany
94 Perth, Australia
95 Limassol, Cyprus
96 Vancouver, Canada
97 Accra, Ghana
98 Cleveland, USA
99 Cairo, Egypt
100 Denver, USA
101 Detroit, USA
102 Monterrey, Mexico
103 Kingston, Jamaica
104 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
105 Portland, USA
106 Panama City
107 Winston Salem, USA
108 Guatemala City, Guatemala
109 Mumbai, India
110 Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
111 Lagos, Nigeria
112 Pittsburgh, USA
113 Montreal, Canada
114 Calgary, Canada
115 Tianjin, China
116 New Delhi, India
117 Dacca (Dhaka), Bangladesh
118 Lima, Peru
119 Bangkok, Thailand
120 Tunis, Tunisia
121 Nairobi, Kenya
122 Tehran, Iran
123 Santiago, Chile
124 Ottawa, Canada
125 Lusaka, Zambia
126 Johannesburg, South Africa
127 Colombo, Sri Lanka
128 São Paulo, Brazil
129 Bucharest, Romania
130 San José, Costa Rica
131 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
132 Karachi, Pakistan
133 Chennai (Madras), India
134 Caracas, Venezuela
135 Blantyre, Malawi
136 Quito, Ecuador
137 Bangalore, India
138 Manila, Philippines
139 Bogotá, Colombia
140 Harare, Zimbabwe
141 Buenos Aires, Argentina
142 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
143 Montevideo, Uruguay
144 Asunción, Paraguay

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/popups/costofliving/popup.html

Thank you for interesting link. I was like wow when I look at the list because I alway thought Germany is 5th or 7th expensive in the world but Bavaria, Germany is not on the list. :(

Anyway, my friends who went Hawaii few years ago told me that the meats sell in Hawaii are most expensive than fishes. Right?

Liebling:-))) said:
Thank you for interesting link. I was like wow when I look at the list because I alway thought Germany is 5th or 7th expensive in the world but Bavaria, Germany is not on the list. :(

43 Munich, Germany

Munich/Muenchen is in Bavaria.

I used to live in Moscow, Russia, for 3 years surprised me it is 3rd I could afford to live there alone rent, food and everything even I have some money for party ;) maybe for russian people expensive there :dunno:
and Kiev, Ukraine, 54th interested, I also have been there.. :)
I would love to visit in Hawaii first before settle there I'm just afraid of moving in if I dislike there and move back to mainland, hehe

Interesting this topic..

I was vote for "Maybe" If I win lottery.. Would be great for us living in Island.
Peace and relax laid on the beach.. Let's sun cook me.. *chuckles*~:lol:

No i would not live in Hawaii -- i would be going nuts being island bound for wayy too long -- i prefer to VISIT Hawaii

ill stay on the mainland thank u very much! :wiggle:

I vote no...I rather to live in Arkansas for long time. My friend showed me alot of pictures in Hawaii. Yes it is so beautiful places in Hawaii that I have seen pictures. It is magical. I heard that everything are expensive in Hawaii. I would like to visit in Hawaii but I can't afford to fly, motel and foods. It is so expensive.

I at first was like NO WAY i didn't want to move to hawaii then when i did move took me a while to adjust and find so many things happening here and i love it here...

as for the meat prices.. u gotta find the right price and the bulkness cuz bulk is better than buying the wholesales.. its all abt knowing ur niche here.. and im so glad i moved here took me 2 yrs here to find my aloha gal :)

anyhow.. not only that living in pahoa deffy has highs and lows the lows DSL none here YET but is now in process of being set up so we can get roadrunner here... anyway not only that i also LOVE the feel of peace and privacy here and i can meet and greet poeple

and tousi ROFL I LOVE ur comment LMAO!!!!!!!!

anyway yah tousi, myself hiblue and several other Aders will be in ohau this coming june! can't wait to meet u guys!!!

I was born and raised in Hawaii, first on Maui then Oahu. Moved to South CA when I was ten. Has not gone back there since I last visited there when I was 25 or something.
My vote? No. I wouldn't live there due to cost of living, lack of jobs, etc. so I will still stay on the mainland.
Blue120 :)

Yeah I would love to live in Maui or Ohau that would be fun for nice weather year around. But....everything are expensive for gas or foods and pays for the house property that's a lot of money!!! I did went there in 1993 for our family vacation together (my husband's family) for first time and I enjoy to learn experience about Maui island and having good time there!!!

I vote no...I don't know why, I just don't want to live there, but I would love to come and stay for about 1 or 2 weeks, but that is it!!

It was 1 years after created but it looks stupid about polls and I wish that moderators would remove the polls from thread.

I wouldn't want live in Hawaii unless relatives or friends that who take me down to here, or I can figure out to make successful, not in any soon but I just rather to live in mainland over islands. If I already moving to here in Honolulu then probably work at deaf school or whatever because apply job and interview seems too complicate, but it can be good or whatever. If I have enough money in bank then I will feel ready for do it.

I will go to Honolulu on vacation in other days, not right now.

I wouldnt want to live there because its expensive there and I rather live on mainland where there's beaches like MB! :D

Back