Are there any cons about CI?

My friend was hit by a dodgeball (small rubber ball) right by her implant, and it wasn't good. I think you should be worried..... it maybe rare to get hit there, but any chance is still a chance. I am hearing, but if I wasn't and had a CI, I'd probly be dead today because I have hit my head at that area a few times (even had to get stitches one time).

What a stupid scare tactic, Simple Man! Your'e simple, alright......

Banjo said:
Doesn't matter if you have a cochlear implant or not, you should be wearing a helmet. What if you suddenly fell and hit your head?

Head injuries are not funny.
Nobody wears helmets (unless you are skating huge half pipes). Everybody learns how to fall properly. If i was that worried about getting hurt i wouldn't skate at all.I probaly got more chance of getting head injury driving but you don't see anybody wearing helmets behind the wheel.Thanks for your concern though !! :D

SimpleMan said:
My friend was hit by a dodgeball (small rubber ball) right by her implant, and it wasn't good. I think you should be worried..... it maybe rare to get hit there, but any chance is still a chance. I am hearing, but if I wasn't and had a CI, I'd probly be dead today because I have hit my head at that area a few times (even had to get stitches one time).
Man i can't live my life in fear,all wrapped up in cotton wool !!!

Back