are there any captioned free internet tv?

so far I have know that most CC available on hulu.com are most from Fox Studio such as...

House Md
Bones
Family Guy
The Simpson
Hell's Kitchen
New Amsterdam

That's so far I have check these...

I just checked the site out, but where is that CC option?? I couldn't find it.. I even checked few of the titles you mentioned but no CC.

I just checked the site out, but where is that CC option?? I couldn't find it.. I even checked few of the titles you mentioned but no CC.

There's picture from my desktop and show about how to find CC button.
Pacmanhulu-1.png

New bill mandates closed captioning for Internet video

New bill mandates closed captioning for Internet video
By Matthew Lasar | Published: June 26, 2008 - 06:15AM CT
Congress's biggest telecom disability rights advocate has introduced new legislation that would, among other provisions, extend close captioning to some Internet video. Edward Markey's (D-MA) "21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2008" (H.R. 6320) covers about a dozen areas. The proposed law requires hearing-aid compatibility of all broadband telephone products and mandates a certain level of ease in accessing captions on TV with remote control devices.
Related Stories
• FCC fully plugs disabled TRS users into the phone system
But perhaps the most interesting and debated section of the bill will be its Internet video captioning requirements. The law says that 18 months after its enactment, the Federal Communications Commission must set up regulations that include "an appropriate schedule of deadlines for the provision of closed captioning of video programming distributed to the public over the Internet."
Three kinds of video would be affected by the law: preproduced material that has already been captioned for TV viewing, live programming, and video that is "generally considered to be comparable to programming provided by multichannel programming distributors." The legislation also includes a waiver provision. The FCC could grant waivers to companies that petition "showing that the requirements contained in this section would result in an undue burden."
User interface upgrades
Markey's bill also requires manufacturers to boost the accessibility of remote video devices for people with disabilities. In particular, future apps that project menus on TV screens will have to include audio input, "so that such menus or indicators are accessible to and usable by individuals who are blind or visually impaired." Remotes will also have to include a specific button that accesses closed captioning—rather than, as often happens now, bury the function in an options menu. Whenever "closed captioning" or "video description" functions do appear in menus, they must appear on the top tier of the menu list.
These new functionalities must also be prescribed by the FCC within 18 months of the passage of the law. Doubtless the agency will issue proceedings to solicit public comment on these changes.
Markey's bill has strong support from practically all of the major disability-rights groups. "As more and more TV programs embrace the Internet, people who are deaf or hard of hearing must not be left behind," declared Rosaline Crawford, of the National Association of the Deaf. "Captioning TV programs and video clips shown on the Internet is needed for the same reasons it is needed when shown on TV.” But Internet industry players wary of extending the authority of the FCC into cyberspace will probably view this legislation with suspicion.
The proposed law is cosponsored by Rep. Lois Capps (D-CA), Barney Frank (D-MA), Rep. Hilda Solis (D-CA), and Heather Wilson (R-NM). The Massachusetts rep introduced it into the House Energy and Commerce Committee on June 19th. So far neither Govtrack nor Thomas mention parallel legislation in the Senate.

Seem every deaf are hungry on television. How about... read a books? :lol:

Have you tried slingbox? (Sling Media - Home of the Slingbox)

It works on your pc and mobile seeing closed captioned video/livetv that comes from your home tv with slingbox.

Unfortunately, you have to purchase the slingbox first.. but fortunately it will not charge you with monthly fees. You can watch from anywhere, even airplane above 30,000 ft (if wi-fi is avaliable), train, hotel in other countries, etc. (see Sling Media - See Slingbox in Action).

Hi,
I know that Hulu is great...but what about Veoh? I do know that they have foreign subtitles for english. But not closed-caption.

Deafbear

Hulu isn't Free

I am back! Yah yah yah....but I came here only to kick my butt asking for help with internet TV with CC. Comcast/Xfinity doesn't offer closed caption if I want to watch internet TV for free. Is there an app that has the CC feature? Let me know! Thanks!

LeezaC

Back