Apple announces new iPhone 5 at live event!

Finally, I got a tracking number at 9:20 pm since I ordered on Sept 17...

God, I hate to be patience, stress for waiting period! grrr... Now, I heard new estimate is 3 to 4 weeks from old estimate was 2 to 3 weeks.

Finally, you got tracking number.

It will be long way from KY to CA. :lol:

Not direct from China? I bought iPad (first one) were shipped directly from China. I bought one for my mother, it also shipped directly from China... :|

Finally, you got tracking number.

It will be long way from KY to CA. :lol:

Very funny... It said I'll receive it by tmw
Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 10/02/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

Last Location:
Arrived - Louisville, KY, United States, Monday, 10/01/2012

Not direct from China? I bought iPad (first one) were shipped directly from China. I bought one for my mother, it also shipped directly from China... :|

If you order from Apple website so it will be from China.

I placed pre-order iPhone 5 with Verizon and my order will arrive on October 26. Okay... Dealing with Verizon was of of the most confusing I have ever deal with phone company. When I placed an order via online and they told me to fax them my two IDs (DL and SSN) which I have done. Next thing, they needed one more identification (specifically, Utility Bill) - argh, I went to the store today along with one of my utility bill, somehow the salesman pushed my order through without needed to see my utility bill. Then I asked about the deaf plan and hoping that he can change it there, but no. He said wait till the phone arrive and call the customer service. Okay... (crossing finger about no need to get doctor note).

This is going to be my last phone for a while. I already hopped three different phone companies within 7 years (AT&T with HTC Windows, BlackBerry; Sprint with HTC EVO; and now iPhone 5 with Verizon). I will have to break my contract with Sprint with 5 months remaining - I think I have to pay $100 for that. Oh, well.

Eh? Fax DL and SSN? I don't give them when I order it. Then I call customer service after I receive iPhone to activate and switch from mainstream plan to special plan. It seem very simple to me.

There is BIGGEST WARNING to Verizon customers.

The 2 GB data with unlimited texting plan doesn't include tethering/personal hotspot. The extra fee to include tethering/personal hotspot is $30 additional to $55, 30 + 55 = $85. There is no extra GB included if you subscribe to personal hotspot, that's unlike about at&t included 2 GB extra, additional to 3 GB to make 5 GB in total.

The Verizon representative that I met at beginning, lied to me about personal hotspot included in tiered data since only unlimited data have to pay extra. The personal hotspot is disabled on my iPhone and ask me to call Verizon.

The mobile share is pointless because I don't use voice to call.

I'm going to file the FCC complaint and email to NAD about unfair pricing on plan for deaf people.

If it doesn't resolve so I will join Chevy57's wagon to wait for jailbreaking.

Updated: I filed the FCC complaint about blocked personal hotspot and unfair pricing.

The 2 GB data with unlimited texting plan doesn't include tethering/personal hotspot. The extra fee to include tethering/personal hotspot is $30 additional to $55, 30 + 55 = $85. There is no extra GB included if you subscribe to personal hotspot, that's unlike about at&t included 2 GB extra, additional to 3 GB to make 5 GB in total.

The Verizon representative that I met at beginning, lied to me about personal hotspot included in tiered data since only unlimited data have to pay extra. The personal hotspot is disabled on my iPhone and ask me to call Verizon.

I'm going to file the FCC complaint and email to NAD about unfair pricing on plan for deaf people.

I don't know when will untethered iOS 6 jailbreak for iPhone 6 be released. I think to wait for update iOS 6.0.1 or iOS 6.1 because reason of Apple Map or other apps issues before installing jailbreak.

Eh? Fax DL and SSN? I don't give them when I order it. Then I call customer service after I receive iPhone to activate and switch from mainstream plan to special plan. It seem very simple to me.

Yeah, that's why I said I was confused with them. I bought iPhone 5 through Verizon website, not at store and I received an email saying to fax them my DL and SSN. And then, the next thing they wanted 3rd identify which is my ultilty bill. So, I decided to go to the store and the salesman just pushed my order through. lol Now my next obstruction is deaf plan.

It's same thing with Sprint. If you want your personal hotspot, you got to pay for it. I never use it anyways.

Wow.... How you feel about deaf plan? I really don't understand that why Verizon and At&T don't care about deaf people sigh.... I hope NAD will straight them out about that deaf plan.

This morning, I was waiting for UPS delivery show up and then, I got iPhone 5.

Wow. It's lighter than my old HTC Evo 4G device. But, No LTE network yet. Just current 3G network.

Ugh, I feel like a new Apple fanboy than I used to be an Android fanboy since 2008.

It's same thing with Sprint. If you want your personal hotspot, you got to pay for it. I never use it anyways.

I used to PDAnet app (jailbroken) for tether from HTC Evo 4G to PC. No charge.

This morning, I was waiting for UPS delivery show up and then, I got iPhone 5.

Wow. It's lighter than my old HTC Evo 4G device. But, No LTE network yet. Just current 3G network.

Ugh, I feel like a new Apple fanboy than I used to be an Android fanboy since 2008.

Awesome. So, you gonna change your username to iPhone Dragon? :)

I used to PDAnet app (jailbroken) for tether from HTC Evo 4G to PC. No charge.

Yeah, just saying that Sprint do charge for it if your EVO isn't jailbroke or download the PDAnet app. However, I had no need for it.

Yeah, just saying that Sprint do charge for it if your EVO isn't jailbroke or download the PDAnet app. However, I had no need for it.

There is no "jailbreak" for Android but can be rooted.

The tethering app doesn't need root to run on Android.

EVO is 3G. That's why it mean to use 3G, not LTE. :lol:

Back