Anyone Surfing?

geekchick

Reaction score
Giddy Everyone,
I want to know if anyone who is surfing? Where do you surfing? How long have you been surfing? Do you use long board or short board? Which brands and year?

I have been surfing for 18 years. I always went to 13th beach and sometime "The Great Ocean Road" (Bell beach, Juc Jac and Lorne) for surfing in Victoria, Australia. My surfboard is old school short board (6"4) and hand made by Trigger Bros '77.

Cheers,
Geek Chick

Will you teach me how?
I am good at skateboarding, but I wonder if skateboarding do apply surfing?

travel expense to Australia? too costly

When people say something like that, it turn me off, because there is always you can find a way to go there. I traveled a lot, and people starting to ask me "How did you get money to travel?" My answer is "I work hard, and I earn money to make my life entertaining". :roll:

I know many people saving money in the bank for retirement, or whatever. In my opinion, it is very wasteful. I spend money to enjoy my life, learn many new things such as surfing in the Australia would be nice.

I am waiting for geekchick's response, then I am starting to pack and fly to Australia. :naughty:

good idea! I really want to go to Australia. I have two jobs in full time and other part time for HOVRS. I have saving money for travel expense. i will look for skyauction travel for cheaper travel.

I was very pleasure with windsurfing in Seattle and New Jersey. Sold my windsurfing in 25 years ago. No time for me to use.

Will you teach me how?
I am good at skateboarding, but I wonder if skateboarding do apply surfing?

Yes, you can but will be feel different when you stand up on a surfboard....
You should rent a dvd or check out from youtube called "dog-town". About famous skateboard gang who used to be surfer.
I used to ride on a skateboard when I was a teenager. Good for your balance, skill (tricks) and speed.

When people say something like that, it turn me off, because there is always you can find a way to go there. I traveled a lot, and people starting to ask me "How did you get money to travel?" My answer is "I work hard, and I earn money to make my life entertaining". :roll:

I know many people saving money in the bank for retirement, or whatever. In my opinion, it is very wasteful. I spend money to enjoy my life, learn many new things such as surfing in the Australia would be nice.

I am waiting for geekchick's response, then I am starting to pack and fly to Australia. :naughty:

Thanks, Authentic. :fruit:

I was very pleasure with windsurfing in Seattle and New Jersey. Sold my windsurfing in 25 years ago. No time for me to use.

Ohh, I love windsurfing!! I have 3 windsurfing. I still riding on the windsurfing since I was 9-11 years old. But..... I can't believe you sold your windsurfing in 25 years ago! :shock:

Ohh, I love windsurfing!! I have 3 windsurfing. I still riding on the windsurfing since I was 9-11 years old. But..... I can't believe you sold your windsurfing in 25 years ago! :shock:

You must be very good at it. I found it to be very hard to get going without some serious wind. I'd be happy on a Hobie Cat 16 anytime. So I can do "wheelies" (I don't know the term for doing it with a catamaran)

People who get out there and have some serious fun ROCK in my book.

Last edited:
You must be very good at it. I found it to be very hard to get going without some serious wind. I'd be happy on a Hobie Cat 16 anytime. So I can do "wheelies" (I don't know the term for doing it with a catamaran)

People who get out there and have some serious fun ROCK in my book.

Awesome, IslandBreeze! Hobie Cat 16 is sound excited. Sometime I saw Hobie Cat 16 at the beach.

Yes, windsurfing is hard because you have to pulling the sail at the same time when you standing on a board. Just need lot of practices to get knowledge how to control the sail. I rather use light wing than gale.... :-P

Once you're in Australia, just let me know ;)

not too rich. American is more rich than Australia.

Back