Anyone paints their own automobiles?

thewinterknight

Reaction score
I plan on painting my truck and car later this year, once I finish painting it. I'll be sure to upload it so y'all can see it and go "Damn, that winterknight is so good, I'm jealous!"

Show us the pic of your truck when u're done painting.

No, I don't paint my own car. If the paint wears out or fades, I can take it to shop to get it repainted or leave it that way.

thewinterknight said:
I plan on painting my truck and car later this year, once I finish painting it. I'll be sure to upload it so y'all can see it and go "Damn, that winterknight is so good, I'm jealous!"

Just a note: Be sure to show 'before and after' pictures.... ;)

it depends on the vehicle, if i want to repaint or not.
this 2000 Ford F150 that i have i dont plan on repainting it, just take care of the transmission and the motor as long as i can.

I primed them, then a wet sanding. After that I shot the first coat of color, then wet sanded. I repeated for 5 coats. it is fairly easy just go in light strokes. don't hold the spray gun in one spot or go to slow or it will get thick & look like crap...

One bike I did, i made it snake skin. I shot it 2 coats of gloss black. then I put on a fishnet stocking on the tins. Used the airbrush to spray on 3 shades of green. 1st was the lightest shade the whole surface area. the darkest was right along the stocking threads.

I started using an airbush in my early teens on model cars and other art...

like everything it takes practice...

That picture looks like it's been fixed with Photoshop.

For me, it would depend on the car that I have. If I got a used car cheap and it was my second car, then I might paint it. For instance... If I got a Volkswagon Beetle, Herbie. If I got a Charger or Charger look-a-like, General Lee. If I got a regular car, 8-Ball. It really varies on the car. :)

Back