Anyone know...

David

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can search for cheap airline tickets? I travel back and forth between San Antonio and Lafayette, LA very often.

Southwest Airlines had a deal that just expired just 9 hours ago. I'm not sure if it worked on people outside of WA, I didn't check.
Slick cheap airfare comes out once in awhile on slickdeals.net, not every so often but at least a dozen times a year. It is pretty hot because some of the prices are just in double digits. This is what I'm talking about in terms of a really cheap flight. Cheap in flight cost, and cheap in the sense that you didn't want to pay much.

As for missing these deals and still looking for a flight.. There's not much you can bank on aside from using stuff like orbitz.com and search the databases for cheap flights. They will not be as cheap as the slick stuff, I'm sure you are aware.

Check out Amtrak for Lafayette to San Antonio, maybe thats the way to go?

Check out Amtrak for Lafayette to San Antonio, maybe thats the way to go?

I did. I rode Amtrak once from San Antonio to Lafayette, LA. Very cheap ticket - $35 but that was the most horrible travel experience I ever had. I am never traveling such a short distance by train again. If I have to use train again, I will get a sleeper car.

Expedia is good.

www.expedia.com

There's also Orbitz. (I've never used it, but have heard a few good things about them.)

Cheap Travel, Flights, Hotels, Vacations, Car Rentals, Cruise, Activities on Orbitz

You may want to check and see if Southwest Airlines is at both airport. If so, that would be a good airline to use because they're usually cheap. :)

It is a good Expedia. My sister who is hearing from New Mexico loved to travel by plane and she relied on it for cheaper fare. I don't know if she is still doing it. I have not heard from her yet. Just have to browse around for cheaper fare if you want to travel by plane instead of train. Good Luck!! :cool2:

Back