Anyone know PHP?

D

Deaf258

I am trying to understand PHP. Is there anyone here who knows how to implement PHP on homepages and blogs? I have used HTML for quite sometime and now reading up on PHP. I am a quick study and learns best one-on-one. Also, I am sure others are interested in learning PHP, so maybe have an AIM chatroom set up for this? What do you think? Can anyone help?

I know some PHP. However, what you're asking about... I don't know. I've still got a lot to learn. Right now, I'm working with creating my own blog. Soon, I'll be creating my own webportal.

Vampy--is a webportal different than a webpage? If different, how so, in a nutshell, if you will......?

PHP isn't too tough to learn, but its still a language, which takes time to learn. one-on-one tutoring sessions wouldn't be really practical unless you are talking about more than a dozen sessions.
What I would suggest is reading up some more and practice, practice, practice.
O'reilly is one of the best computer book publishers around, so I would recommend basically anything from them. They have several PHP books out. Programming PHP is a good one.

Deaf258 said:
I am trying to understand PHP. Is there anyone here who knows how to implement PHP on homepages and blogs? I have used HTML for quite sometime and now reading up on PHP. I am a quick study and learns best one-on-one. Also, I am sure others are interested in learning PHP, so maybe have an AIM chatroom set up for this? What do you think? Can anyone help?
Please note that you also need to do some further research about using PHP website and/or blogs. If you wish to use PHP for blog, you need to have MySQL set up to work with PHP. So be sure to check with your web host provider to have those two open sources, such as PHP and MySQL, enabled. Also be sure to have "knowledgable" and reliable tech support at your web host provider. Often times when they upgrade MySQL and/or PHP to new versions, you could run into some strange problem. That is why I had mentioned about "reliable and expertise" tech support team for that matter. You might also wanted to check PHP Documentations, all information is right there on the fly. http://www.php.net Hope that helps.

i did try with MySQL and PHP on my Mac OS X Apache Server for my future website. But, I failed trying to get MySQL username and password correct but still problem and then give up. I just got PHP right. Anyone know who can help me?

I think Mac OS X Server will solve my problem? I guess so. I only have Mac OS X client. Server is expensive i can't afford. I will wait.

starrygaze said:
i did try with MySQL and PHP on my Mac OS X Apache Server for my future website. But, I failed trying to get MySQL username and password correct but still problem and then give up. I just got PHP right. Anyone know who can help me?

I think Mac OS X Server will solve my problem? I guess so. I only have Mac OS X client. Server is expensive i can't afford. I will wait.

Mac OS X server provides an easy access to mysql and other server things, but it really isn't needed.. as long as you can install the programs yourself.

I could help you with some MySQL if you want, but i would recommend trying yourself first.
the best instructions for setting up MySQL on the mac is available at..
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/
for an easier to follow alternative, maczealots.com has some pretty good tutorials for setting up different systems such as wordpress, drupal or moveable type. They include instructions on how to deal with MySQL with their tutorials.

bree Thank you! AD is the solution! I add link to my browser and will do on weekend. Wordpress I will try put its in my Mac. I love to learn with blog/forum server. You are very helpful to me. With my off time on weekend I will follow carefully.

starrygaze said:

On Mac OS X's System Preference, did you turn the Sharing and MySQL on?

starrygaze said:
bree Thank you! AD is the solution! I add link to my browser and will do on weekend. Wordpress I will try put its in my Mac. I love to learn with blog/forum server. You are very helpful to me. With my off time on weekend I will follow carefully.
You are welcome. You didn't mention what you were using, but maczealots.com does have a tutorial specifically for wordpress. Hope everything works out.

oh.. fyi, relying on the system preference pane for mysql doesn't always work. There's no feedback when it goes wrong, so do use the terminal to type up suggested start up command of "sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe &" for at least the first time you use mysql. If it works fine, just make sure you have the system preference pane set to start up mysql on start up and you should be set. =)

Back