Anyone here know a sign language NOT ASL?

mistercristofer

Reaction score
Just wondering who here speaks a different kind of sign language, and IF they can sign in ASL too :)

I learned LSF (French SL) when I was in France and also BSL when I was in the UK. But ASL is my primary language, of course. It's always fascinating to communicate with people from other countries. I find Asians to be the most difficult to understand, but I am trying my best to learn their signs. :)

I sign ASL, PSE, and SEE. I also speak English and speak a little Spanish. :)

I sign SEE also related to ASL. I have never sign like Hammond Ham sign different than ASL. SEE is Sign Exact English. So I thought SEE1 is the same as SEE. I don't know where I go wrong when it comes to SEE. :roll: I would prefer ASL any day. I have never sign LQS (French sign language) from Quebec here in Canada.

I do know ESL (English Sign Language) but I use ASL at all time.

ESL is just use sign language with full english sentences - no slang and it may help with grammars.

I do know ESL (English Sign Language) but I use ASL at all time.

ESL is just use sign language with full english sentences - no slang and it may help with grammars.

Isn't ESL suppose to be English as a Second Language?

I did got wrong define about SEE until now, I got it because I thought that SEE is refer as sign in ABC like a-r-e *you* o-k-a-y *shrugs* or something like some hearing people did but I found that I was wrong.

Signed Exact English and English Sign Language are same. I got now.

I did got wrong define about SEE until now, I got it because I thought that SEE is refer as sign in ABC like a-r-e *you* o-k-a-y *shrugs* or something like some hearing people did but I found that I was wrong.

Signed Exact English and English Sign Language are same. I got now.
:lol:

I don't know about SEE until 2006, I made a wrong define about SEE for 4 years. :lol:
ASL, PSE and SEE are the three levels of American Sign Language and you didn't know how to define the SEE? :lol:

ASL, PSE and SEE are the three levels of American Sign Language and you didn't know how to define the SEE? :lol:

In bold, 3 in American sign Language? ASL in ASL seems funny to me.

Why is an Aussie who've just recently learned how to sign ASL trying to define SEE? SEE and ASL are not the same. They are not even tiered.

SEE2 isn't even a language, but rather a form of "manually-coded English;" they just happened to borrowed a few signs, well not a few, a lots, of signs from ASL for their own purpose. Please keep SEE1/SEE2 separate from ASL.

I think what foxrac is referring to is PSE, not English Sign Language or SEE2-- as in Pidgin Signed English, which isn't a full language on its own, but it's ASL in English syntax without the stupidity of incorporating suffixes and prefixes found in SEE.

Back