Anyone here an expert on fishkeeping?

thanks! my kids love to watch fishes in tank. Actually my son wanted into the tank! (he love water!) and my daughter (soon 5 mos old) always laugh everytime see fishes go by..

Those of you who are the fish owners, and fish breeders etc.... beautiful photos of your fishes in tanks etc

duncan, how much do you sell the young discus for? I was thinking about getting some a breeding them.

Hi Everyone,

I am really sorry, I wasn't be on line at AD because I was spending time wtih my kids and enjoyed during the summer time, Now my kids are going back to school. Now I can have time to replied all your questions!

thank you for enjoy reading and learning more about fish!

Now i am going answer your questions!

Hey Deafmonkey, How is your dog doing?

hey SherryCherish out of curious. How many times you feed fish? 2 or 3 time a day. for me i am pro breeder fish I would feed them 5 to 10 time a day and do water change everyday. because I want the fry grow so fast and keep them health, Why i do water changed everyday because I am keeping advoid the water chemsity problems as ammonia, nitrate, ETC and keep fish happy health. Some people said once a day, other say, every other day, some other say little in morning and little in nite. totally i agree with that! 2 time a day as in the morning or in the night, when the weekend you can feed them 3 time a day its Ok for fish. I don't know what to believe. We usually feed every other day, but they seem so hungary, so gave them treaties. Dont worry about the fish are hungry, They are happy health when they are looking for food mean they are very health. When the fishes do not looking for the food mean they are something wrong its possable sick or stress or uncomfortable wtih the water chemsity. Also, whats good about freeze food for chiclids? Okay for the cichlids, there is too many diffrent kind of cichlids, you need tell me more specifity of type cichlids, The cichlids love to eat frozen bloodworms, frozen brineshrimps. When the largest cichlids as oscars, Sanvish, green terrir, etc they love to eat frozen krill, frozen plankation, and beefheart. For med size cichlids as Discus, Angels, others they love to eat Frozen mysis shrimps, Frozen bloodworms, Frozen brineshrimps, Beefheart. for small cichlids as rams, aspasgramma cichlids, others love to eat frozen bloodworms, frozen brineshrimps, frozen mysis shrimps. for african cichlids, they are veggie food but they can eat frozen beefheart, frozen mysis shrimps, frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimps.I heard its best to feed them cuz of nutruition. (sp) The nutruition is correct spelling. They like to eat flake food , dont over feed them. It might be blot stomach.

Hey ButterflyGirl

Hi Duncan, the two fishes that I have are really Jack DempseysThe jack dempsey is cichilds, They are very aggressive they can reach at 8 " . The larger one was attacking on the smaller one so I decided to put a divider in the tank to keep them separated. They have grew a little bigger from the time I first bought them. I am planning to buy a bigger tank to move them from the 10 gal tank so they can have more room to swim around. yes its a good idea you can get another bigger tank to give them more room. But the large one can be pitty on the little one. maybe they are the same sexes maybe you can take photo of them and post here I can tell which sexes are they.

I wish your store was closer to where I live so I could shop there to buy fishes and stuff from you Aww that would be so nice, I am sure more than happy to help you and communcate wtih ASL and understand better! If you are interested in the fish i can do ship if you wish.

hey Liebling:)))

thank you, I hope you are enjoy learning more about fish stuffs! I love fish when i was a little boy also i was breeding them ;) I can breed almost all type of fresh water fish and a few salt water fish too.

Hey ^Angel^

thank you for a nice comment about my fish Also SherryCherish has nice fish too ;)

hey DeafMonkey

that s great to hear about your fish are doing so well :) keep it up!

hey SherryCherish,

LOL now you are become fish addict ;) that s great for your kids are enjoy watching the fish. you are doing great job with your fish keeper!

Hey ~SG~

Those of you who are the fish owners, and fish breeders etc.... beautiful photos of your fishes in tanks etc
Thank you for a nice comment about my fish,

Yes they are my own supplies and yes i am still a breeder for them as well. Soon I will add more tanks about 20 tanks of 50 gallon :)

Hey rabbit

duncan, how much do you sell the young discus for? I was thinking about getting some a breeding them.
Welcome to the Discus world, The discus are so amazing beautiful fish in the world! Depend on what kind of discus and size that you are looking for? for exampe the cobalt blue discus at 2" for $ 25.00 the Web Leopard snakeskins $ 75.00 the proven breeding pair Discus from start $ 300.00 to $ 500.00 Discus have lot of varity of strains and colors what you are looking for, they have marlboro red, melon red, sunrise yellow, golden, Yellow crystal, Snowflake white, Blue diamonds, cobalt, Red Spotted Green, Leopard, Leopard snakeskins, Blue fine line snakeskin, Pigeon blood, Pigeon blood snakeskins, White butterfly, Red Turquoies, Ablino, golden Ablino, Calico Discus, Tri color discus, and more Yes you can raise them when they are 2" grow out to the breed pair. It would be fun for you. I high recommand you should buy 6 discus or more the same age , you will get a very good chance a breeding pairs! My discus are top quailty. Last time i sold my babies discus. so far I got 17th person were so happy and they are going to have babies Discus!

Hey hailstorm100

:ty: :hug: :kiss:

Duncan said:
Hey Deafmonkey, How is your dog doing?

the dog is doing great and always come up to me and push my arm want more pat pat pat her lol she miss other dog Ricky who is passed away. She always come to me all the time when I go over my mom's home :lol:

Duncan said:
hey DeafMonkey

that s great to hear about your fish are doing so well :) keep it up!

Yah they are doing great and got 5 fish tanks now lol :lol: look like they are crazy over fishes :lol: and also my 2 goldfishes getting big now and my little nephew's 2 goldfishes cant grow just small normal and the tail is so small cute lol :lol:

the dog is doing great and always come up to me and push my arm want more pat pat pat her lol she miss other dog Ricky who is passed away. She always come to me all the time when I go over my mom's home :lol:

I am sorry about your dog died but The dog still love you what you did give them good care and affections.

Yah they are doing great and got 5 fish tanks now lol :lol: look like they are crazy over fishes :lol: and also my 2 goldfishes getting big now and my little nephew's 2 goldfishes cant grow just small normal and the tail is so small cute lol :lol:

That is great to hear,, Keep it up

hey zookeeper, I was wondering if u can keep african chichlids with south american?

yes the african cichlids and south america cichlids are getting along so well but depend on what type of south america cichlids. for example German Ram or Rubby rams, etc are not getting along with africa cichlids. you can tell me more specfic type of South america cichlids can live with african cichlids.

HTH

Duncan

Duncan,

welcome back! old fart, j/k

Thanks for ur tips. Fishes doing well here. Red Terror getting bigger. Yeah i know about change waters / feed them regular, and make them grows fast. One thing not like to change it everyday lol, but one time every 2 weeks. Its quite a job. haha, anyway.. how long u been do the fishkeeper business?

Duncan,

welcome back! old fart, j/k

Thanks for ur tips. Fishes doing well here. Red Terror getting bigger. Yeah i know about change waters / feed them regular, and make them grows fast. One thing not like to change it everyday lol, but one time every 2 weeks. Its quite a job. haha, anyway.. how long u been do the fishkeeper business?

hey Sherry, LOL and thanks :)

you are always welcome. that is great. that helps your fish happy health and growing so well that is key is water change and feed regular, they are happy and growing so well, They love you :)

If you dont want to use the pail for your water changed, you can use the garden hose, you can suck the water from your tank and let the water run outside when the water down the level what you want for your water chance, When you had done with it, you can put hose in your water tap to fill up in your tank when the water filled up. Its easy job to do.

what is size your tank? do you have a good right size filter to fit your tank?

The Red terror is a family of cichlids, They are come from South America :)

At the tropical fishes in my shop its almost a year But I have been breeding my own tropical fish for homebased bussiness for more than 10 years.

Duncan,
thanks. I use water hose to the sink to drain, but use water form store. Refuse to use city water, it did killed my old fishes few years ago. Anyway, my tank is 55. I have 304 Fluval, usually wash filter, if filter gone bad, and will buy new filters, which save money.

Wow, how ur business goes? Hopefully that would successful. Is it busy as well? Hire me there? just kidding, too bad ur in canada. I'm in US. haha.

Duncan,
thanks. I use water hose to the sink to drain, but use water form store. Refuse to use city water, it did killed my old fishes few years ago. Anyway, my tank is 55. I have 304 Fluval, usually wash filter, if filter gone bad, and will buy new filters, which save money.

Wow, how ur business goes? Hopefully that would successful. Is it busy as well? Hire me there? just kidding, too bad ur in canada. I'm in US. haha.

you are welcome again, LOL That s good its easier job for you, We have more than 70 tanks from 20 gallon tanks to 100 gallons tanks . Also I have one 135 gallon tanks for my personal favortie fish to grow out :)

did you test the city water? as PH, ammonia, nitirate, etc? when you found ammonia or nitrate gets too high, you should keep avoid it.

your 55 gallon tank is great! It is no problem and easy to take care of them.

I am sorry about your fish died. i have some frineds who are living in NYC, New Jersey, ETC they use tap water for their own fish and no problems maybe the pipe was broken and repair cause the water become toxic cause to kill the fish. What I heard someone had bad experince as your storie about when you fill up the water and kill the fish. was that about 2 or 3 years ago?

your 304 Fluval is very good that helps your water is very clean, the filter have great enough sponges are very important envoroment fish. I high recommand you can wash it from your tank water in the pail, you can wash the fluval filter as sponge, pre-fitler, etc when you had done it and put it back. Its best bet you can save your fish alive.

i used the city water in my tanks and no problems But my shop has a very small hot water which is only 5 gallon of water isnt enough for the over 70 tanks. so I used the aging tanks for my water change. when i filled up the stright out tap water in my aging tanks. the aging tanks have heater, airstone always run for 24 hours or more before I do water change, I have no problem with that.

my bussiness is very well so far. LOL that your dreams you want to work for me! a lot of people are very interested in working with me!

Maybe in the future, I will move in USA I can set up the same bussiness who knows when I will find a right cute girl for me, heheh

Probably i can hire some deaf people work for me, of course I will hire a few hearing people work for me, because I need the hearing people for telephone communcation and custmors so well. Of course the hearing people must know ASL to communcate wtih me and my deaf staff.

make sure u use clean water from walmart or anyplace to fill jugs than use ur sink water. and, do not drain all of water from ur tank, just 1/4 of water.. cuz ur fishes used to the their water. Which i learned from fish expert from aquarium. cloudiness, must be cause too much feed, or filter need to replace. Hopefully it helps.. Beside I have 48 gallons, and had for one years. Had no problems. Good luck..

They are right.. Good Luck :fingersx:

Duncan--

lol, look for me in US if u move in, so i can release all fishes away to be freedom. remmy US (Freedom!) haha. Actually I took my fish tank water to fish place, and they test it for me. Told me, not to use city water but gave me free cheimcals to clean it up. So which i had to go use store water.

Tootise-- Thats right I had fishes for 2 years to use store water but before that i had 3 years after city water, somehow turn not work good. Got killed my old fishes. But take a break for a year, finally got it back. Got it work out. I already know about 1/4 water out of tank. That what i been use for 2 years. Thanks tho. Are you toss all tootise candies in the tank? oh boy fishes gone to too way hyper, don't ya think? lol

Hey sherry

you can use a RO. it would be best best and safe for your water drinking and and fish too.

HTH

Duncan

make sure u use clean water from walmart or anyplace to fill jugs than use ur sink water. and, do not drain all of water from ur tank, just 1/4 of water.. cuz ur fishes used to the their water. Which i learned from fish expert from aquarium. cloudiness, must be cause too much feed, or filter need to replace. Hopefully it helps.. Beside I have 48 gallons, and had for one years. Had no problems. Good luck..

Hi Tootsie, you are right things to do that! If the bare bottom tank needs to have old filter run for the new filter for 6 weeks to make full seasoned.

If the tank has gravel, then it is not a problems you can replacement a new filter. The filter is still good for 4 or 6 or 12 months depend on what kind of fitlers. I perfer to use sponge filters are the best and the big load bio filter system are the best. I would not worry about that. I have more than 50 tanks. soon I will add 20 50 gallon tanks. in a few months later I will add more tanks. My bussiness is always incresced and very successful every months and years!

Hi Tootsie, you are right things to do that! If the bare bottom tank needs to have old filter run for the new filter for 6 weeks to make full seasoned.

If the tank has gravel, then it is not a problems you can replacement a new filter. The filter is still good for 4 or 6 or 12 months depend on what kind of fitlers. I perfer to use sponge filters are the best and the big load bio filter system are the best. I would not worry about that. I have more than 50 tanks. soon I will add 20 50 gallon tanks. in a few months later I will add more tanks. My bussiness is always incresced and very successful every months and years!

you have a 48 gallon tank, what kind of filter do you have?

Duncan

Back