Anyone ever just throw the HA out and be deaf?

They always need volunteers for IT stuff, especially things that go beyond the average computer skills. Keep in mind, too, that volunteering at a deaf org is a great way to improve your ASL, too.

yep I agree. My current skill is just not good enough yet for 2-way communication but sooooon it will! It's still in Pidgin but based on my encounters with deafies - they're pretty flexible.

quite a handful of deaf websites including deaf schools are atrocious.... I don't mind fixing it up for free..... except it won't be done by me. I would teach their students to program the webpage and then they can do their school sites themselves! :cool2:

:laugh2: oh man.... i'm getting old..... more than half of my friends are married and half of my married friends already have kids or are having kids on the way.

ha ha More than half of my friends are divorced or getting divorced AND more than half of my married friends already have third or fourth babies or having third babies or fourth babies on the way. :giggle:

ha ha More than half of my friends are divorced or getting divorced AND more than half of my married friends already have third or fourth babies or having third babies or fourth babies on the way. :giggle:

We're not at that age phase yet!!! :laugh2: but 2 of my friends are in middle of divorce process.

less than 1/4 of them were remarried (yes two times!). :giggle:

I don't know if it's good or bad but my geography professor said that he cannot stay in one place for a while and he's a traveler..... which is why he's on his 4th (or was it 5th?) marriage :laugh2: He chuckled when he said that and half of the class was :ugh:

I don't know if it's good or bad but my geography professor said that he cannot stay in one place for a while and he's a traveler..... which is why he's on his 4th (or was it 5th?) marriage :laugh2: He chuckled when he said that and half of the class was :ugh:

Ouchie. I am not there YET.

boy! why bother to get married again, just be in relationship after divorce once!

Oi... i am british, traveller and i am not married yet (all my friends are either married or engaged)

That explained why he teaches geography!

For me, digital aids worked *so* much better than analog, but they did take a long time
to get used to. My audiologist really encouraged me to wear them as much as possible,
and I hated them but I also loved them, and the deafer I got the more I loved them
because they became the only way I could function.

Definitely try a number of different brands, and keep working with your audiologist. For
me, certain brands did not work well at all.

I also insisted on getting a digital aid that had a volume control on it, so I could turn it
down when I wanted, and back up when I wanted; that helped me a lot.

My hearing has since gone even further downhill, to the extend that I'm now sporting
a CI on one side---and for me, the CI is *so* much better than any hearing aid I have
ever had, so it's back to a struggle to wear the hearing aid on the other side again.

Remember though it's your ears, your hearing aids, so whatever works for you
is the right thing; no one can tell you what the right thing is.

Good luck and keep us informed.

-tom

Well, if you wanna be deaf, just remove your HA's and be deaf, its up to you, if not, try and find the best HA's for you and your HL

Deafteen, very good and logical advice, I guess I was trying to cope more with my frustration that a logical appraoch, haha.

rokicki, thanks for your input, I am waiting now for another digital to come in for me to try. It is a in the ear model instead of behind the ear, it has an on/off switch and volume, so more similar to the analog aids I have always worn. It had better get here soon as my analog aid is now crackling and cutting out. Thanks again!

Well, I have good news to share for anyone interested. I received my second digital HA to try yesterday and wore it for 3 hours yesterday and so far all day today. I am feeling overstimulated and my voice sounds very strange, not sure how loud I am talking, but I think this one may be doable. I even tried out one of the programs for loud environments and I was in a elementary school auditorium all afternoon with many people and children. It sure is different, and needs to be programmed no doubt a few times to get it right, but this one is so much more like my old analog aid that I am missing very much. It is a in the ear model, has a on/off switch and volume control like my old analog. It is a ReSound Essence.

I also learned that there is only one analog aid still available in Canada for now, it is the Phonak analog, model Piconet Forte. My audi feels it may not be available soon and would like to see me try to get used to digital (sooner rather than later).

I am giving it my best shot!

Back