Anyone else here dealing with RA?

hoodoowytch

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else here is dealing with RA? (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

I was diagnosed with it recently and I am only 44. Just wondering what any one here does to cope with it. They wanted to put me on some of those horrible drugs, most of which is guaranteed to give you a form of cancer within 2 years that WILL kill you within 2-3 months.

I have opted to go a more natural route. RA hurts, but it isn't going to kill you. I found the Paleo Diet is working very well. I'm only a month into it and the pain and swelling have reduced dramatically. I can move so much better and I don't hurt nearly as bad.

Any other ideas/methods for coping with RA?

Last edited:
They put you on one of the cancer drugs which no kill you but give you quality of life,and you WONT die of it in 2-3 months..if i was you i get more advice where ever you got your infomation from is very wrong

My daughter has had RA since she was 12, and she's now 40. She takes some anti-imflamatories when it's real bad in her knee. Recently she got a shot in her knee, and she's been able to run again. She tries to stay close to an organic, non-processed food and drink diet. She feels that it helps. She also has very dry eyes from RA (and hereditary from me).

The weather affects the pain and swelling in her knee. She knows when it will rain.

I have it and gout as well. I take anti inflammatory medication and try to follow a low fat low sodium diet.

Ugh....what exactly is gout? I have heard of it...and I know it causes some sort of sharp things to grow in the joints...but what exactly IS gout? It sounds painful as hell. RA is bad enough.

Ugh....what exactly is gout? I have heard of it...and I know it causes some sort of sharp things to grow in the joints...but what exactly IS gout? It sounds painful as hell. RA is bad enough.

It's another of the rheumatic arthritis.

My daughter has had RA since she was 12, and she's now 40. She takes some anti-imflamatories when it's real bad in her knee. Recently she got a shot in her knee, and she's been able to run again. She tries to stay close to an organic, non-processed food and drink diet. She feels that it helps. She also has very dry eyes from RA (and hereditary from me).

The weather affects the pain and swelling in her knee. She knows when it will rain.

Oh yeah, always know when it's gonna rain too. My whole body aches. Winter is the worst. Thats when me and my heating blanket get really chummy. LOL The Paleo diet is basically a non-processed all natural diet. It has helped me immensely. It is rich in Omega-3...which seems to help a myriad of autoimmune diseases like RA. I have found that green tea really helps too.

Back