anyone else feel this way?

A

apathrev

For the past couple of weeks, I just can't seem to cheer up. No matter how much I try to enjoy myself, it always seems no good. It doesn't feel like depression. When I get depressed, I start feeling hopeless. That isn't the case this time. I'm just frustrated with life in general. Work is getting really stressful for me, and I'm finding it harder and harder to go in each day. I'm bored to death with this town, and I'm ready to get out. My friends joke around with me and take it too far, and then I just leave them, and go spend time by myself. The only thing that has really made me happy lately is the aspect of moving to Atlanta and getting a fresh start. Anyone else ever feel like this? Where you've just completely felt awful about your life and everyone around you?

Maybe you need to quit smoking.. hehe

Sometimes its the age that changes you. You realize that's not what you want in life and you want something new or a better opportunity to have a better job..

As for me.. yes I've felt this way a zillion times! I believe its my age thingy.. I'm just getting older and my mind is older too and I'm like :wtf: is wrong with me?? I just think that I'm not getting anywhere in life but really its all there. I'm happy to have this kind of life. Its all in your head but you need to decide what you want to do with your life and do it! Trust me, don't wait til it comes to you.. you need to go to them or do it yourself! I'm 30 and got there too late to do something with my life.. so if you're young, decide how you want to live your life and do it right away, not 10 years later!

Is it possible to make changes at home, and see if they make you happy? If nothing else works, move to Altanta. Don't be afraid of failure, because you will only learn something new every time and that is pretty valuable. You can always move back if it doesnt work out in Altanta. So what? You'll land on your feet, anyway, like the proverbial cat :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Cental!!! I am sorry to hear you're feeling this way, and you're definitely not alone as you can see. Yes, I have gone through days like this where I sometimes feel in a rut, everything is a routine, job is a hassle, and no matter what you do, you seem like you just can't motivate yourself to move forward.

From what you said, you are doing the right thing, and making a fresh new start in your life. You're moving to a new town and State for that matter, there will be new friends to make (friends that will be supportive and more understanding), there will be new job offers, a new home, so many new things in the way of moving on, that you are going to be so busy!!! Too busy to feel pressured down, and more encouraged, happy and motivated.

Good luck Cental!!! You have been there for everyone on AD, and now it's time to give you a big :grouphug: :grouphug: !!! Take care, Cental!!!

Thanks for the responses. Changes at the home aren't likely. I live in a home with 4 of my good friends, and they should be something that cheers me up, but it doesn't.It is good having them there when I need them though.

I am so convinved that it is this town. I've got my plans to move to Atlanta next year for school. I'm taking one final semester at the local community college, and then its to Atlanta to begin Georgia Perimeter College's ASL program. So the plans are already made.

But I just don't see why I can't snap out of it. I've had hardtimes before, and I was usually able to turn my mood around in a day, but now, I just don't have much to look forward to. I think my job is the catalyst of this. It is stressfull, and I do not feel appreciated by the management there. I guess there is nothing I can really do about that.

I know what u mean, i get them alot too, but i have bipolar disorder so that why i gets the downs often..

Hope things work out for ya, and u will turn around and have agreat day soon..

you are obviously looking for someone who understands, rather than advice, but I'm looking at this from your friends POV. And, we all know that misery loves company.

When I first married my husband, my stepdaughter was the most depressed and depressing child I had ever seen in my life. She would crawl up in her daddy's lap and mope for HOURS. The more she moped, the more miserable she made herself and everyone around her. It finally got to the point where I told her that either she put a smile on her face (regardless how fake) or else she could go mope in her room where the rest of us wouldnt have to be subjected to her pathetic moping. As soon as she put a smile on her face, she could come down and join the rest of humanity. It wasn't long before she decided to toughen up and put a smile on her face. The more she smiled, the happier she became. We don't have a problem with her sulking anymore.

Moral of this story: TRY SMILING.

cental34 said:
... I'm taking one final semester at the local community college, and then its to Atlanta to begin Georgia Perimeter College's ASL program. So the plans are already made.
They have an excellant program. I have attended some terp workshops there. Atlanta is a beautiful city with much to do.

... I think my job is the catalyst of this. It is stressfull, and I do not feel appreciated by the management there. I guess there is nothing I can really do about that.
That is a real possibility. Part of the problem is having a job that requires confidentiality. Terps face the same problem. You can't share your work problems with other people without revealing too much about the job. You are forced to keep too much frustration bottled up inside. You need to find some way to release that frustration in a positive way.

It wouldn't hurt to get a general physical, just to make sure you are not having any medical, nutritional, or life style problems.

I will pray that you find peace. :hug:

Reba, you definetely can understand part of the stress of my job. But its not just the whole confidentiality issue, but more of having to routinely be disrespected and walked over, by people who shouldn't even be using it, and then when I need to vent with a supervisor, I'm afraid to because of being told stories about them stabbing operators in the back and telling them "well its part of your job." I honestly want out of this job, badly. But I can't at this point. It is the only interaction I have with the deaf community at this point, and now that I'm living out on my own, but in a stuck situation until I move to Atlanta.

But Eve, you are right. I do need to just suck it up, and smile. I think a vacation is very much needed. I'm going to Atlanta with 4 of my best friends next week. Certainly that will give me the time away and happiness I need.

oh cental, please do not misunderstand me. i NEVER said "suck it up", just simply SMILE. you may not always be able to change your circumstances, but you can always change your attitude. sure doesn't hurt to change circumstances when you can though, and i am sure the vacation will do you some good.

I mentioned this to a very good friend of mine, "Only positive things happens to positive thinkers and negative things happens to negative thinkers" and this does strike true in my belief because how you think & carry yourself in life does affect your reasoning.

I understand completely. I am in a very similar situation right now. I too, am an unappreciated realy interpreter. Take the opportunities placed before you and make something of them. A lesson I wish I would have learned a long time ago. I hope the vacation works for you. I am headed to Vegas myself for the CODA conference. All in all everyone will have similar advice. Just know that it is normal, and just means that you are ready for the changes coming up in your life.

Best of Luck~
Brandi

dont run away from the problems, work on them and realize what is bothering you and work on them.

At this point, I just don't think its something I can work on. What I feel are the sources of this mindset are beyond my control. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you Eve. I'm such a mess right now. I can barely stand being around half my friends, and my roommates aren't helping much.

i'm in the same boat as you are in right now.

ive been wanted to move out of this town for almost 2 years. and never did :-/

i have been telling my friends that i want to move out.. they mocking me, telling me that i will never move. well that can be true.. and that can be false.

right now.. many i mean many of my friends are leaving this town (AUG) some are moving to Twin cities.. some are moving WAY up north in fargo, bemidji ( its North near canada) all are leaving due to college reason and/or girlfriend issue

now this is making me want to get out of this town really badly.. this town where i'm living have only few fun things to do... Bowling, movie theatre( no OC or rear view), waterpark (i feel too old for this), and BAR ( i don't go often due to my son) there's really no Deaf events around here.. if theres's going to be one.. i have to drive 2 hours to one or even more.

hey yea i can und how u feel like out of blue. Atlanta always keeps you busy like bees zooming around every minute.

PM me ! if u happen to be in Hotlanta. :) this weekend i plan to stay here instead of going to Linnville Gorge because it is raining up there. no good for climbing. ah well. anyway just PM me if u like. i will be free tmw night.

I won't be in town this weekend, but some friends and I will be visiting next week for the Van's Warped Tour (its a must for my subculture :mrgreen: ), but I'll be visiting in a couple of weeks to scope out jobs, places to live, and GPC.

Back