Anyone Else Awesome With Animals?

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
Some people (like me) can walk into a room and have a cat or dog (who either doesn't like people or just plaining anti-social or whatever) come walk right up to them.

Anyone else feels like a cat/dog/etc whisperer so to speak? lol

I have had that same thing my whole life. I once was visiting a family in North Georgia when this dog came in from out of the woods and jumped up in my lap and fell asleep.

The family I was visiting were all shocked. It had been a rescued dog and would not come up to anyone due to prior abuse.

Most of cats sense that im a cat lover. When i visit anyones home and they have pets. Most cats dont mind letting me pet them. :D Some owners who have cats, and warning me that cats are not friendly for some reason. I said, " ok let me try anyway" I am so sure that they havent bit me. I really don't remember. LOL Most dogs seem to be liking me too. I sometime get nervous around with dogs (any sizes). I know i am weird. LOL I still like dogs though.

Yeah that has happen to me before, I was visiting someone and their cat came over and sat in my lap. The owner was surprised as the cat never when over to a guest before, the cat would hide when people came over. when growing up our dogs like me the most out of my 2 sisters and 1 ex brother.

I think I am! Horses and dogs really like me, and snakes, spiders, lizards, etc., seem to tolerate me. :) Owls are not so sure about me, but they hate everyone.

I think I am! Horses and dogs really like me, and snakes, spiders, lizards, etc., seem to tolerate me. :) Owls are not so sure about me, but they hate everyone.

OWLS? i didnt know that. what about turtle?

Owls are solitary animals, they don't really like people. I like working with them though!
Here are some pictures of me with owls.
http://www.alldeaf.com/our-pets/107845-owls.html

I don't really like turtles, but they don't seem to mind people. They get excited when they see me because they think I'm going to feed them!

Owls are solitary animals, they don't really like people. I like working with them though!

I don't really like turtles, but they don't seem to mind people. They get excited when they see me because they think I'm going to feed them!

Ha ha I learn something about OWL! Turtles, yea it sounds right to me.

Dog Lover here...and yeah, they come up to me, sensing that I love them....

Great picture of you and owl. Owl looks beautiful. Owl's eyes look nice. Thanks.

i have cats that love me apart from my own cat who hates all women....
on our news yesterday they had white whale who sound like he trying to mimic human voice...poor little thing he must be so lonely that he doing that....experiments america doing

Dogs definitely understand I am on their wavelength.

Dogs love me. Even though I am more of a cat person. Dogs always feel the need to run up to me. This crazy lady once told me it was because I have "good blood"

Yes..
it's one of the reasons I work at an animal hospital but sadly...not with any of the animals, dogs and cats because of the ignorance there. The kind of hearing that work there.

the plus side is I get to see dogs and cats everyday. :) That's about it though.

As for Cat Lovers....brings to mind about a long-time friend who now has .....30....of them in her small home....the smell is so bad that when her VP needed repair....it was weeks before anyone came....and when the tech did come, he worse a Mask !....She will not, even tho' I've tried to reason with her about having so many Cats...will not give them up....saying they will be put to death.....

No amount of reasoning helps her...she is one sick Lady, but she is also a bonafide Cat Lover...then again, feel it's abuse, as she cannot afford the Vet bills or having them spayed/neutured....they have ruined her carpet and wood flooring.

Weird thing is...knowing her many years, but have never been inside of her house....due to "the smell"....

As for Cat Lovers....brings to mind about a long-time friend who now has .....30....of them in her small home....the smell is so bad that when her VP needed repair....it was weeks before anyone came....and when the tech did come, he worse a Mask !....She will not, even tho' I've tried to reason with her about having so many Cats...will not give them up....saying they will be put to death.....

No amount of reasoning helps her...she is one sick Lady, but she is also a bonafide Cat Lover...then again, feel it's abuse, as she cannot afford the Vet bills or having them spayed/neutured....they have ruined her carpet and wood flooring.

Weird thing is...knowing her many years, but have never been inside of her house....due to "the smell"....

That is something that really irritates me with some people, With cats (especially if you have more than one) you HAVE to clean the litter box more often, my current roommates have 3 cats now and they only clean the box once a week. Due to "one is sensitive to smells" they refuse to use GOOD litter so the place stinks up quicker. Which I find weird that one is sensitive to pleasant scents but not bad ones.... which means they are probably used to the smell by now. :eek3:

What really irritates me is when I moved in I had to leave my cat behind so I can live here (because they had too many cats) then they turn around and buy a kitten.... that they barely take care of... *sighs* Can't wait to move out lol

That is a sickness and it's called animal hoarding. You can believe they're neglected too. Someone should call animal control on her because living like that is a health hazard and you can believe more than one cat is sick and in need of proper medical care. Don't ever get more aniamsl than you can afford to care for: food, medical, and time.

Laura

Last edited:

I remember seeing several episodes of Animal Cops with people in similar situations. Yes, it's really bad. They smell awful. They leave a mess. They spread germs. It's just plain unhealthy.

I do have a couple friends who used to have a lot of cats and ferrets. Yes, their place smelled like cats... but it wasn't the bad kind of smell. It smelled like a house of someone that had 2 cats. My friends took very good care of their cats. Maintained clean cat litter often as well as taking them all to the vet. He even shaved one cat on a monthly basis because its hair grows really fast. The cat loves being shaved. All he has to do is sit down holding the electric shaver and the cat will immediately jump on his lap and roll over ready to purr. After 10 years and having several cats die of old age (or sickness), they are now down to 2 or 3 cats and a big dog. That's it. :)

Dogs love me. Even though I am more of a cat person. Dogs always feel the need to run up to me. This crazy lady once told me it was because I have "good blood"

I think the woman meant you have good vibes . Animals can tell when people are kind or mean to animals.

Back