Anyone - BMW car ownership?

madmax

Reaction score
Just got me a certified preowned '05 BMW 330i w/ premium & sport package and I love this car!! It is completely different car from other cars I have ridden...due to precise steering system, thanks to intelligent German engineers. It's no wonder BMWs are called the ultimate driving machine. The main reason I purchased a BMW is SAFETY. The 3-series car passed National Highway Automobile Safety or something like this and it is rated five-star in crash test. And it's recommended by Consumer Reports. I didn't buy that car because of its brand...I bought it for my safety due to idiot and unsafe drivers on California roads. We have many unlicensed drivers out there, mostly are poor and hispanics. I've seen on news & newspaper.. lots of fatal automobile accident - every day. That's because I live in big cities, it's necessary to drive safer cars & SUVs. My co-worker drove his Nissan Sentra. His car was T-boned by a small ultility truck, he was nearly killed. Small cars like Sentra, Civics, etc aren't safe, even if they are equipped with airbags.

My BMW is equipped with lots of safety...like six airbags, crumble-zone in the front & rear, reinforced roof, all doors are reinforced with steel bars (to prevent from caving-in), battery terminals are automatically disconnected to prevent fires, etc. Too many to list.

Would love to chat with other BMW drivers.

madmax said:
Just got me a certified preowned '05 BMW 330i w/ premium & sport package and I love this car!! It is completely different car from other cars I have ridden...due to precise steering system, thanks to intelligent German engineers. It's no wonder BMWs are called the ultimate driving machine. The main reason I purchased a BMW is SAFETY. The 3-series car passed National Highway Automobile Safety or something like this and it is rated five-star in crash test. And it's recommended by Consumer Reports. I didn't buy that car because of its brand...I bought it for my safety due to idiot and unsafe drivers on California roads. We have many unlicensed drivers out there, mostly are poor and hispanics. I've seen on news & newspaper.. lots of fatal automobile accident - every day. That's because I live in big cities, it's necessary to drive safer cars & SUVs. My co-worker drove his Nissan Sentra. His car was T-boned by a small ultility truck, he was nearly killed. Small cars like Sentra, Civics, etc aren't safe, even if they are equipped with airbags.

My BMW is equipped with lots of safety...like six airbags, crumble-zone in the front & rear, reinforced roof, all doors are reinforced with steel bars (to prevent from caving-in), battery terminals are automatically disconnected to prevent fires, etc. Too many to list.

Oh, you sure make me droool. Sorry, I 'm no BMW owner, yet.

Congrats! I do hope to own a BMW someday!

My mother had one as same as your brand before she traded it even for a Lexus SUV. I think it was year 2001.

My hubby own a BMW car. I´m too stupid to understand about any BMW car... I will ask my hubby later... :giggle:

My hubby is BMW freak... :giggle:

I don't own a BMW, but I saw tons of them here in Seattle area.

web730 said:
Oh, you sure make me droool. Sorry, I 'm no BMW owner, yet.

Congrats! I do hope to own a BMW someday!

My mother had one as same as your brand before she traded it even for a Lexus SUV. I think it was year 2001.

If you really want a BMW, you can set up your goal in buying it by making a long term planning, researching and save money for a large down payment.

-madmax

sequoias said:
I don't own a BMW, but I saw tons of them here in Seattle area.

Really? that surprises me. I do know that Southern California has the largest number of BMWs in our nation. There are 33 BMW dealers in SoCal.

I've been to Seattle several times, to visit my brother-in-law. Lots of Seattle (and other nearby cities) residents drive Subarus. It's necessary to drive a Subaru in cold, wet Pacific Northwest because Subarus are all-wheel drive... for wet, icy or snowy roads. BMW isn't a great car in that kind of weather.

-madmax

Yeah, I happen to own a BMW Series 5 for
many years. I still love this car even
thought it's getting old. This car was
manufactured directly from Germany and
it still run over 300,000 miles !!!
It's a Wonderful car especially on any
dry pavements. I just drove it back forth
between Washington DC metro area
and Florida a few times. I rather drive it
than fly...

Otherwise, it is NOT a good car for
snowy or rainy weather Eeeek...You
are right !!

I heard that new BMWs are more strict
with repairs where you have to get
them done at BMW Dealers ONLY. I am NOT
sure what year they started to get
very strict i guess 1998 or 1999. ...
Is this true ?

madmax said:

you bought it or leased it? BTW what do you do for a living?

On another forum and website, I use the BMW emblem for my avatar. I would like to own both a Beamer bike and a Beamer car. By the way, when, at night, a BMW motorcycle comes down the street, I can tell if it is one solely by the headlight. Also, those riders are more professional and safety-minded and generally wear helmets, which is the way to go! :thumb:

madmax said:
Really? that surprises me. I do know that Southern California has the largest number of BMWs in our nation. There are 33 BMW dealers in SoCal.

I've been to Seattle several times, to visit my brother-in-law. Lots of Seattle (and other nearby cities) residents drive Subarus. It's necessary to drive a Subaru in cold, wet Pacific Northwest because Subarus are all-wheel drive... for wet, icy or snowy roads. BMW isn't a great car in that kind of weather.

-madmax

snow and ice is rare in Seattle area...in the mountains it's much more common, also in East WA state, too. Most of the time it's plain old rain and freezing rain sometimes, but not bad icy. Ice warning signs, I don't see any in Seattle city limits, but there's some out in the foothills out in the suburbs. Seattle rarely dips below freezing point in the winter.

Yep, there's tons of Subarus here in Seattle area. I want one! :D

sequoias said:
snow and ice is rare in Seattle area...in the mountains it's much more common, also in East WA state, too. Most of the time it's plain old rain and freezing rain sometimes, but not bad icy. Ice warning signs, I don't see any in Seattle city limits, but there's some out in the foothills out in the suburbs. Seattle rarely dips below freezing point in the winter.

Yep, there's tons of Subarus here in Seattle area. I want one! :D

Oh I am considering to buy a Subaru Forester this fall. Oh boy - I am really surprised that you said that. I bet that the price is cheaper in your area than my state. Uh, what is your tax percent in your state?

webexplorer said:
Oh I am considering to buy a Subaru Forester this fall. Oh boy - I am really surprised that you said that. I bet that the price is cheaper in your area than my state. Uh, what is your tax percent in your state?

9.1 percent for buying cars from dealers. The prices on the Subarus doesn't look cheap to me, they're hardly below $10k for a used Subaru.

Beemers, Beemers, Beemers....lol I'm too poor to own one.

Funny thing is I work next door to a BMW dealer and the other door is a Mercedes dealer down the road :lol: Also I bought my old 1994 Ranger at that same BMW dealer before it moved to a new location. Before the BMW franchise moved to the new location, it also housed a Pontiac and Jeep franchise, but they had to move the BMW dealer cause it would look bad if the BMW's were sold alongside a lowly Grand Am....

madmax said:

I loved BMW I always wanted to own 325i BMW until I finally got to test it from my family member it is CHAMPZ!!!!!

My 1987 BMW still running EXCEPT
the air conditioner is broken What a Bummer.
I was told it would cost thousands dollars to
repair/replace A/C

Sigh...

Of course I do NOT know how to fix or
replace the air conditioner oh well....

My 1987 BMW still running EXCEPT
the air conditioner is broken What a Bummer.
I was told it would cost thousands dollars to
repair/replace A/C

Sigh...

Of course I do NOT know how to fix or
replace the air conditioner oh well....

You could buy an A/C part from a junk yard for a cheap price so that you could hire a private mechanic to fix it for you for half price of the part and a labor cost. You talk to your friends/neighbors who knows a trusted private mechanic. I am sure that most A/C parts are working at the junk yard because some cars were smashed as long as that part is not damaged. I just thought of it.

I strongly believe that your A/C is not broken because the freon is empty so you could find someone who knows where to buy a compressed freon can to fill it up.

New cars (and new refrigerators) have a non-freon machine that run A/C. Unfortunately, older cars/trucks need freon. I have a 1996 Ford Explorer that needs a freon, and so far it is working. It is probably hard for anyone to find one at a store since the FDA banned it because it harms to our ozone (Earth layers protect against the heat from the sun. Some layers now have holes. This is why we are getting so hot every summer).

You could buy an A/C part from a junk yard for a cheap price so that you could hire a private mechanic to fix it for you for half price of the part and a labor cost. You talk to your friends/neighbors who knows a trusted private mechanic. I am sure that most A/C parts are working at the junk yard because some cars were smashed as long as that part is not damaged. I just thought of it.

Good idea Thanks !

I hope to find someone who can help and find the whole A/C
system from the junk yard and then replace the whole thing.
:thumb:

Back